DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Walmart.com Andromeda Slipstream 78.97 + tax (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/507920-walmart-com-andromeda-slipstream-78-97-tax.html)

michaema 08-01-07 12:22 PM

Walmart.com Andromeda Slipstream 78.97 + tax

I thought this was pretty good price as the cheapest i have seen it was $80 at Deep Discounts 20% sale. However, I believe DeepDiscount and DVDPlanet no longer carry the set. For those unaware this is all 5 seasons of the series...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5301873

*EDIT* BTW shipping should be free with site to store shipping.

starman9000 08-01-07 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by michaema

*EDIT* BTW shipping should be free with site to store shipping.

Just a note, I've ordered this title 3 times from them site to store, and the first two times it has arrived completely demolished (they ship it there in a plastic envelope). Plus, my store doesn't know how to use a computer, so it takes about a half an hour to get refunded (which they gave cash instead of back onto the card). I actually just ordered it a third time out of curiosity more than anything.

michaema 08-01-07 01:03 PM

Sounds pretty bad, Ill be keeping my fingers crossed hoping it gets there in one piece.

starman9000 08-01-07 01:05 PM

Sounds pretty bad, Ill be keeping my fingers crossed hoping it gets there in one piece.

I was actually tempted to order like 3 of them, banking on the fact that it would ship in a box, and then returning 2.

michaema 08-01-07 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000
I was actually tempted to order like 3 of them, banking on the fact that it would ship in a box, and then returning 2.

:lol: That sounds like it could work, but they may try drop kicking the box all the way to the store. Shoot they may even send them in 3 envelopes...

Pookymeister 08-01-07 05:39 PM

oooh, i was upset this was out of stock at DVDplanet since i have credit. Tempted to buy this now(shipped b/c id rather not go to walmart when i can avoid it). Kevin Sorbo is my hero

The_Natural 08-01-07 08:54 PM

I ordered this awhile back and it came in a box but the case was broken apart. Kinda pissed me off but the DVD's were OK so I just kept the set.

I wonder if they're just shipping the same set to everyone. If so, I got the damaged set, so maybe it's OK to order now or maybe they are all damaged.

david2708 08-02-07 04:48 AM

I had one shipped from Amazon and the box had a substantial split in it. In the end, I kept the set. I suppose the cardboard is flimsy and the weight of the discs are contributing to the splitting .

starman9000 08-02-07 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by The_Natural
I wonder if they're just shipping the same set to everyone. If so, I got the damaged set, so maybe it's OK to order now or maybe they are all damaged.

I was kind of wondering that too, Ill probably just keep it regardless the next time.

starman9000 08-02-07 03:48 PM

Well, my 3rd set came today, still opened and one corner ripped apart, but it's the best one yet so I kept it. Went to a different store this time, and they didn't have their crap together on this site-to-store thing either, so I won't be bothering with that ever again.

michaema 08-02-07 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000
Well, my 3rd set came today, still opened and one corner ripped apart, but it's the best one yet so I kept it. Went to a different store this time, and they didn't have their crap together on this site-to-store thing either, so I won't be bothering with that ever again.

That is some fast shipping, mine probably won't arrive at the store for another week. Well at least you knew what you would be getting this time around, will you be keeping it after all, or returning it?

starman9000 08-03-07 06:03 AM

That is some fast shipping, mine probably won't arrive at the store for another week. Well at least you knew what you would be getting this time around, will you be keeping it after all, or returning it?

I Ordered it last week. This was my fastest shipping, (about 6 days) the other times took 10, but I think the people at my store probably just didn't scan it in.

And yeah, I think I will just keep this one, and reinforce the box on the inside with some tape or something. It is a flimsy case. I need to go through and check all the disc's today.

Now, hopefully the show doesn't suck as bad as the shipping...

michaema 08-05-07 08:21 PM

Mine arrived on Friday(8/3) and I ordered on the 8/1. That is the fastest i have ever gotten anything for in store pickup at walmart. I expected the worst, but to my pleasant surprise it arrived in satisfactory condition. Only a slight tear in one of the corners and some slight impressions on the box. Guess I got real lucky.