Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '07

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '07

Old 08-30-07, 10:10 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I recall, this is extreme YMMV and could just be that one particular store from the original poster. It was explained that an email was sent telling the store manager to clearance those anime budget titles to a non-specific discount price under the manager's discretion. After visiting 3 FYEs, only one store had discounted the budget titles...and it was 3 for $12 or 5 for $15. Too bad the selections were both poor and scarce.

Originally Posted by nekobi
Stopped by my local Suncoast today (Omaha, NE) and they had the same rack with all the $7.99 Funimation DVDs, took a few up to the counter and they all scanned at $7.99 still, not $1.99. Maybe someone got it wrong, or it's just select stores? And yes, they were the ones with the special sticker s on the backs. =( *was looking forward to cheap $2 DVDs* heh.

Anyone else have any luck?

-nekobi
Old 08-30-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve
brand new to anime.
Prepare to go broke!
Old 08-30-07, 11:47 PM
Cool New Member

Considering that Rightstuf is having Ghost in the shell Season 1 for $48, would you personally jump on this one or wait for an amazing DDD bandai sale like when they sold it for an alleged $36?

Also, when do the weekly specials expire? I want to know how long i have until this decision

BTW

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Prepare to go broke!
Ditto
Old 08-31-07, 12:04 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 527 Likes on 464 Posts
Originally Posted by ihavenolife123
Considering that Rightstuf is having Ghost in the shell Season 1 for $48, would you personally jump on this one or wait for an amazing DDD bandai sale like when they sold it for an alleged $36?

Also, when do the weekly specials expire? I want to know how long i have until this decision

BTW

Ditto
The Weekly Specials ends sometime early on Thursdays. I would do the ordering sometime before Thursday to make sure that you don't miss the discounts.
Old 08-31-07, 12:36 AM
WTK

First three posts are now finally updated!
Old 09-01-07, 12:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Regarding the Basilisk box set that was discussed earlier in this thread...

i'm not sure if the following has been posted, but i just noticed the picture of the set on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UR9TDM/

looks like the same packaging as Samurai 7 with the booklets included. all i was hoping for was that it wasn't keepcases - and despite the artwork not being so spectacular, the packaging is better than i expected and i am looking forward to this release.

Last edited by minguy; 09-01-07 at 01:01 AM.
Old 09-01-07, 01:12 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by minguy
Regarding the Basilisk box set that was discussed earlier in this thread...

i'm not sure if the following has been posted, but i just noticed the picture of the set on amazon:

looks like the same packaging as Samurai 7 with the booklets included. all i was hoping for was that it wasn't keepcases - and despite the artwork not being so spectacular, the packaging is better than i expected and i am looking forward to this release.
I originally was going to wait for this boxset, but I couldn't pass up the LE deals @ TRSI in August. I also noticed that all the Basilisk LEs that I ordered got additional 10% GotAnime discount and thus making it $11.69.

The September Bargain Thread is up and running now. The thread is under a major overhaul due to massive problems editing long posts. I will try to figure out the best alternate layout for the thread. Until then, sorry for any inconveniences!
Old 09-01-07, 02:09 AM

For the non-LE version of Basilisk, did they have a booklet?
Thanks
Old 09-01-07, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the booklet and cards were exclusive to the LEs.