Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '07

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '07

Old 08-16-07, 11:59 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 269 Likes on 240 Posts
Originally Posted by hindolio
i apologize for the simple questions, but im having a bit of a hard time. does this:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/price.html/cg...&id=B000I5Y8K0

included everything samurai x? and is that the way to go? thanks
You got an incorrect link. Were you looking for this? If it is this one, then this most current collection contains all three Samurai X OVAs (Trust, Betrayal, and Reflection) and Samurai X: The Motion Picture, all in their original aspect ratios.
Old 08-17-07, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would that (Samurai X Complete) be the best version of the RK OVA collections then? I'm quite tempted by the cheap Director's Cut, but I'd be getting it mostly to collect so I'm not in a hurry or anything. Are there any other differences other than the aspect ratios and the packaging between those two? There doesn't seem to be any reviews of the Samurai X Complete yet.
Old 08-17-07, 10:46 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by Totakeke
Would that (Samurai X Complete) be the best version of the RK OVA collections then? I'm quite tempted by the cheap Director's Cut, but I'd be getting it mostly to collect so I'm not in a hurry or anything. Are there any other differences other than the aspect ratios and the packaging between those two? There doesn't seem to be any reviews of the Samurai X Complete yet.
There are three releases of Samurai X. Samurai X: OVA Collection does contain some extras from the original discs. The thinpak releases don't offer any extras like many of the ADV releases. Samurai X: Complete Collection (Thinpak) has the OVAs and the Motion Picture as well.

Samurai X: OVA Collection | Cover Art | DVDTalk Review by John
  • Includes Samurai X: Trust, Samurai X: Betrayal, Samurai X: Reflection
  • Running Time: 205 minutes
  • Audio Format: English 2.0, English 5.1, Japanese 2.0
Samurai X: Director's Cut Collection (Thinpak) | Cover Art | DVDTalk Review by Todd
  • Includes Samurai X: Trust, Samurai X: Betrayal, Samurai X: Reflection
  • Running Time: 220 minutes
  • Audio Format: English 5.1, Japanese 2.0
Samurai X: Complete Collection (Thinpak) | Cover Art | DVDTalk Review by Don
  • Includes Samurai X: Trust, Samurai X: Betrayal, Samurai X: Reflection, and Samurai X: The Motion Picture
  • Running Time: 510 minutes
  • Audio Format: English 5.1, Japanese 2.0, Japanese 5.1
Old 08-17-07, 11:55 AM
WTK

*** Armored Trooper Votoms Series Tin Available for a Limited Time! ***

If you're a fan of Armored Trooper Votoms and missed out on the series tin, you're in luck: Right Stuf will be receiving a limited quantity of the collector's "metal ammo can tin" that holds all four DVD volumes of the series, and they will soon be available for just $9.99! (This is for the tin only, and this item does NOT include the DVDs.)
Old 08-17-07, 02:29 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
RightStuf.com Bargain Bin Update Summary
More Stuff Added:

Last edited by WTK; 08-17-07 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-17-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,048 Likes on 814 Posts
Wow, I thought for sure the Funimation LE's would be a way for them to get fans to pick up the first volumes (because they are supposedly limited) instead of wait for pricedrops or a cheap collection. At this point, I see no point at all in continuing to support initial releases, which is really bad for the companies churning the releases out.
Old 08-17-07, 05:13 PM

Trinity Blood vol 1 with art box for only $12.99. Guess those will sell out fast.
Old 08-17-07, 05:14 PM

Looks like the first release Burst Angel are $5.99 now.. Don't know if you missed it or if they just reduced the price..
Later
Old 08-17-07, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by toogood
Trinity Blood vol 1 with art box for only $12.99. Guess those will sell out fast.
It's OOS right now.. I wonder if someone grabbed them all.. Does Rightstuf still put a limit on how many you can order in a cart? If not, I wish they would to give a chance for other people to take advantage of these clearance..
Later
Old 08-17-07, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsun
It's OOS right now.. I wonder if someone grabbed them all.. Does Rightstuf still put a limit on how many you can order in a cart? If not, I wish they would to give a chance for other people to take advantage of these clearance..
Later
I just checked and it said that there were 31 left. I successfully placed one in my cart and went back to check the stock count. Instead of 30, it was sold out. If you want this title, keep checking back!
Old 08-17-07, 05:35 PM

Later
it's still showing 5 on the counter. Just keep refreshing the page.
Old 08-17-07, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
I'm not too sure if the regular volumes will fit inside the artbox. The rest of the LEs will collectible cards (maybe 3) and they should have insert booklets. If you like to have extras such as these, then it may be worth while to get the LEs.
if the regular ones won't fit, does anybody have any advice on whether i should buy the Vol 1 artbox and the $12.99 LEs or just wait for the Basilisk Box Set coming out in october?

buying the LEs would come out to over 80 dollars and i'm sure the box set will be much less

thanks
Old 08-17-07, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by mrblau
if the regular ones won't fit, does anybody have any advice on whether i should buy the Vol 1 artbox and the $12.99 LEs or just wait for the Basilisk Box Set coming out in october?

buying the LEs would come out to over 80 dollars and i'm sure the box set will be much less

thanks
If the Basilisk box set is anything like the Trinity Blood box set (somebody on ebay has a pic of the new box set), it will just be the regular edition dvds in a new box. I don't think they'll include any of the inserts though, but I could be wrong. Personally, I rather get the LE version since the booklets/inserts are really nice.

Last edited by toogood; 08-17-07 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-17-07, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^

You never know with Funi. They did include all 7 of the booklets in the Samurai 7 set.
Old 08-17-07, 08:43 PM

That's came out of left field.. From what they did with Burst Angel and Samurai 7, I would assume they would use some kind of digipak packaging.. I guess Funi wants to keep us guessing..

Having seen this, if this what the actually R1 boxset looks like, I think I'll go for it..
Later
Old 08-17-07, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

You never know with Funi. They did include all 7 of the booklets in the Samurai 7 set.
The booklets where included with the individual release of Samurai 7 and Burst Angel.. The LE of Samurai 7 was just the individual disc along with story board books.. I don't have any of the non-LE release of Trinity Blood or Basilisk, but are the booklets exclusive to the LEs?
Later

Last edited by johnsun; 08-17-07 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-17-07, 08:52 PM

The booklets where included with the individual release of Samurai 7.. I don't have any of the non-LE release of Trinity Blood or Basilisk, but are the booklets exclusive to the LEs?
Later
I don't have Basilisk, but I do have the LE set for Trinity Blood. I had the regular edition before and those didn't come with anything, only the disc. The LE edition has the booklet and tarot cards.

Last edited by toogood; 08-17-07 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-17-07, 10:59 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
RightStuf.com Bargain Bin Update Summary
Today's Additions:

Last edited by WTK; 08-17-07 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-17-07, 11:12 PM

So, it's finally happened? A decent clearance from FUNimation at rightstuf? I've waited so long for this! If only they'd sell the Tenchi Muyo GXP double packs! I still need 1&2.

I'm tempted to just grab all these art boxes...and hope they do a 25/100 clearance later on...
Old 08-17-07, 11:23 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Ndolger
So, it's finally happened? A decent clearance from FUNimation at rightstuf? I've waited so long for this! If only they'd sell the Tenchi Muyo GXP double packs! I still need 1&2.

I'm tempted to just grab all these art boxes...and hope they do a 25/100 clearance later on...
One thing to keep in mind though, FUNimation LE artboxes are actually limited. It's a pleasant surprise to see all these LEs come back in stock. You would never know when the next 25/100 sales will occur.

...All these bargain bin specials really stir things up after a rather lackluster month of anime deals.
Old 08-18-07, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WTK
You got an incorrect link. Were you looking for this? If it is this one, then this most current collection contains all three Samurai X OVAs (Trust, Betrayal, and Reflection) and Samurai X: The Motion Picture, all in their original aspect ratios.
ug ya that was the link i initially tried to post. Totakeke seems to have asked my follow-up question too. yipes 3 editions eh? time to do some homework

thanks for the info!
Old 08-18-07, 12:43 AM

Animenation is doing a Media Blasters sale, there are some decent deals, add on 10% off code "Rentanime-RHS" for more savings:

Blame! OVA w/ T-shirt - $12.48

Kite Directors Cut w/ T-Shirt - $13.99

All the other sale items:
http://www.animenation.com/mediablasters.html
Old 08-18-07, 01:06 AM
WTK

Updated!

...it looks like ADV Films has redid their website.
Old 08-18-07, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Bezerker
Animenation is doing a Media Blasters sale, there are some decent deals, add on 10% off code "Rentanime-RHS" for more savings:

Blame! OVA w/ T-shirt - $12.48

Kite Directors Cut w/ T-Shirt - $13.99

All the other sale items:
http://www.animenation.com/mediablasters.html
Curses! I just ordered Magic User's Club from TSRI and it's over $10 cheaper! Since it is "On Order" still, I may try to cancel it and reorder it from animenation. Shipping can't make up that difference.
Old 08-18-07, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

if anyone else is up late and wants it, Trinity Blood is back in stock. There are 37 copies of volume 1 and 1 copy of volume 5. Wrath of Ninja also has 1 copy in stock (almost bought it but would rather get Collector's Series after looking up the difference).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.