Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Monster Squad at F.Y.E. $7.99 After MIR

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 07-26-07, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered Monster Squad for $14.99 with a $7.00 mail in rebate at FYE.com (It is currently Backordered) making it $7.99 after rebate. I also saw it at Sam's Club for $12.99 if you don't like rebates.
Old 08-31-07, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by bipartite
I ordered Monster Squad for $14.99 with a $7.00 mail in rebate at FYE.com (It is currently Backordered) making it $7.99 after rebate. I also saw it at Sam's Club for $12.99 if you don't like rebates.
I decided to try to go for the deal and send in my rebate information early this week. I got an email with the tracking number and when I checked on the rebatesHQ website and it said Invalid because of "The Monster Squad Missing UPC".

I left the print out of the voucher at work, but does have a copy of it? I don't remember it mentioning cutting out the UPC code. All I remember was the printed rebate form, the packing slip and a copy of the email order confirmation..

After this, might not deal with FYE rebates anymore.
Later
Old 08-31-07, 09:36 AM

They pull this crap every time. You just need to call up their phone number and complain, say you sent in everything it asked for and then they correct it in their computers--then a few months later you finally get your check.
Old 08-31-07, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by kyle
They pull this crap every time. You just need to call up their phone number and complain, say you sent in everything it asked for and then they correct it in their computers--then a few months later you finally get your check.
Yeah, I just did that after I posted and the CS said they updated it. Going to check online tomorrow to see if that actually happened..

Now waiting on the 300 rebate offer update.. In fact, the only reason why I even went to try the FYE was to try to get the bonus DVD and Monster Square was filler for free shipping.
Thanks
Old 08-31-07, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by johnsun
I decided to try to go for the deal and send in my rebate information early this week. I got an email with the tracking number and when I checked on the rebatesHQ website and it said Invalid because of "The Monster Squad Missing UPC".

I left the print out of the voucher at work, but does have a copy of it? I don't remember it mentioning cutting out the UPC code. All I remember was the printed rebate form, the packing slip and a copy of the email order confirmation..

After this, might not deal with FYE rebates anymore.
Later
Yea they've pulled the same BS with me. Saying i didn't include a UPC when the form didn't ask for it.
Old 08-31-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I always nip it in the bud when a rebate doesn't ask for the UPC. I include a little note with my rebate stating that this rebate doesn't require a UPC. I've never had one delared invalid.
Old 08-31-07, 11:23 PM

After I cleared it up with Monster Squad and got an email that my 300 rebate was approved with no problems, the check status page gave me the option to get a $10 debit card at FYE instead.. Does anyone know how long I have to accept it and if I do opt for the debit card, does it expire?
Thanks