Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hot Fuzz 2-disc exclusive at Wal-Mart

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Peep
With the bulk of the extra features (and the extra commentaries only showing up on the HD side). And what's up with these combo discs anyway? I thought that the DVD side was always just one layer - or have they started making them with two layers yet? A one layer standard DVD side would suck.
I thought that the bonuses were only going to be on the HD side.
Old 07-30-07, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by starman9000
I thought that the bonuses were only going to be on the HD side.
It is my understanding that the normal R1 bonuses will show up on the DVD side of the combo disc and that all of the the bonus features (including the extra commentaries) will show up on the HD side.
Old 07-30-07, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Yavin
Anyone know if this two-pack will also be available at Wal*Mart Canada? If so, I'll get it over the Best Buy exclusive.
I work at Best Buy and I am not aware of any exclusive, nor is it in the ad. In the ad they have buy Shaun/Fuzz and get 2 for $20 on them, but that's it.
Old 07-30-07, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bestbuy.ca listed an exclusive Police Hand book here. I'm going to check out a couple of WalMarts here if they have the 2nd DVD.. If not or it's too much, I'll pick it up when I make a trip across the boarder in WA state..
Later
Old 07-30-07, 11:45 PM

my Wal-mart did not have the special 2 disc version..
the lady was actualy helpful & looked thru 2 box's for me.. only had fool & WS..
Her & 1 more guy were there & neither of them knew about a special version..
Old 07-31-07, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That sucks to hear. I hope this isn't going to be rare or anything.
Old 07-31-07, 12:51 AM

My local (smaller) walmart supercenter had only 2 copies of the 2 disc, and they were both fullscreen
Old 07-31-07, 01:07 AM

I had the same problem, except my local Wal-Mart is a giant supercenter. They had 2 copies of the exclusive version, both in full screen. About 10 copies each of the 1 disc version then in ws and fs. They hadn't put them on the shelf yet and were very nice to look for me...but that was all they had.

Wal-Mart's website doesn't yet list this for sale, so I am wondering what chance we'll have to get the bonus disc in widescreen?

Universal, this is totally lame. How many people that are huge fans of this movie would want it in full screen? And why strike an exclusive deal with a company that is going to put TWO COPIES OF IT IN THE STORE? What a waste of time for fans trying to track this down.
Old 07-31-07, 01:26 AM

did they open the boxes early for you? doesn't this not go on sale until tomorrow? or are there at 24-hour wal-marts? there's a 24hr WM reasonably close by... i'm wondering if they'd have them out yet since it's technically not tuesday... but i don't work tomorrow and would like to get a headstart watching all the bonus material if i could get it now.
Old 07-31-07, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Seems many Wal Mart's put these out early, sometimes a few days early for some reason.
Old 07-31-07, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This really sucks to hear. I was looking forward to picking this up tomorrow morning.
Old 07-31-07, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
did they open the boxes early for you? doesn't this not go on sale until tomorrow? or are there at 24-hour wal-marts? there's a 24hr WM reasonably close by... i'm wondering if they'd have them out yet since it's technically not tuesday... but i don't work tomorrow and would like to get a headstart watching all the bonus material if i could get it now.
They start putting the new releases out at Midnight. I had to wait until they wheeled out a giant display for "300" and helped the customers waiting to buy that...and then they went through the other boxes of stuff for me. They had WS copies of the single disc version, but not of the exclusive 2-disc set. The guy helping me said "most of our customers prefer the full screen" as he stood in front of an entire wall of HDTVs.

Last edited by woxyshiv; 07-31-07 at 01:38 AM.
Old 07-31-07, 01:41 AM

I was worried about this exclusive only being packaged with the fullscreen version....that's Wal-Mart's usual M.O. or at least a very lopsided with 20 fullscreen and 2 widescreen.

may have to buy it twice to get all the extras...or just get the R2
Old 07-31-07, 01:44 AM

I'm thinking about returning the FS version and swapping for the WS if the other 2 walmarts only have FS.
Old 07-31-07, 01:44 AM

Just came back from Wal-Mart. I got lucky and found the two-disc version in WS. I almost didn't find the display but they had both full and widescreen versions with the bonus disc. Full outnumbered wide but the widescreen with the bonus disc does exist. I also picked up 300 in Blu-Ray for $24.96, in case any of you were wondering how much it was. Hope you guys get lucky as well. Btw, this was the Salem, NH store.
Old 07-31-07, 01:50 AM

wow, i'm thinking since i'm bored and still up late that i should go try and find my 2-disc ws version right now... don't wanna have to deal with the hassle of trying to exchange the fs version to ws. hmmm...
Old 07-31-07, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
^ Shopping at WM in the middle of the night is actually quite nice. You won't have a probem finding a good parking space and the checkout lines will be quick. Sure, you might run into some "interesting" characters but sometimes it's no different than in the middle of the day...
Old 07-31-07, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My 24 hr Walmart sucked, the dude told me they won't be putting out the dvds til 5 am.
Old 07-31-07, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
^ Shopping at WM in the middle of the night is actually quite nice. You won't have a probem finding a good parking space and the checkout lines will be quick. Sure, you might run into some "interesting" characters but sometimes it's no different than in the middle of the day...

i was surprised at how bustling the place was. just got back from 24hr wal-mart in glendora, ca. i don't usually go on tuesdays, so i dunno if it was because 300 was being released or if it's like this every new release tues, but there were LOTS of shoppers. dvd section had quite a few ppl browsing. most were picking up 300, but i saw some ppl with hot fuzz and others with a bratz movie. the majority were young people (there is a college semi-nearby so that might account for it... bored w/ nothing to do in the dorms?) but there were also families too. because of this, the checkout lines were actually kinda long since they only had 3 cashiers.

anywho, i picked up the 2-disc in WS (woohoo!) and was surprised to see that there were 11 two-packs in FS (yes, i counted) and that there were 17 (including mine and another shopper's) in WS. didn't expect WS to outnumber FSm but i'm glad it did. everything was already moved out from the boxes. they had assembled the large cardboard cut-out so no need to scavenge through unopened shipments or whatnot, which was great since it was only 12:30ish. i thought i'd have to wait for them to unpack everything.
Old 07-31-07, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Checked two Wal-Marts in Eugene, OR and could only find FS two-packs. I checked all around the DVD sections and the stand-ups near the registers. The barcode on the shelf designated FS. The FS movie case also had the UPC code covered with a blank sticker, making it unlikely that I could exchange the FS for a WS.

For those that found a WS two-pack, did they have separate shelf spaces or mixed with FS?
Old 07-31-07, 06:42 AM

Glad to see some of the other Wally Worlds got the WS 2 pack.

When I put the DVD's out tonight, we only got 10 of the FS 2 packs and NO WS. We had plenty of FS and WS single discs, but our area has nothing but FS lovers around it.

We also didn't get a cardboard display for Hot Fuzz, just 300 Firehouse Dogs and Pathfinder.
Old 07-31-07, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
well my 2 WM's only had the FOOLSCREEN version with the bonus disc attached...oh well. atleast CH added the title today so atleast i can get it for cheap.
Old 07-31-07, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i was wandering around walmart last night getting a car battery at about 11:30 hoping they'd sneak some out before I left, but no such luck.
Old 07-31-07, 08:07 AM
Cool New Member

I had three different salespeople at my local Wal-Mart tell me that the bonus disc is only packaged with the full screen version, not the widescreen.
Old 07-31-07, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's a R4 2-disc version of Hot Fuzz available on CdWow for almost half the price of the UK R2 version. JUst FYI. It says TBD for thespecial features though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.