Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Hot Fuzz 2-disc exclusive at Wal-Mart

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hot Fuzz 2-disc exclusive at Wal-Mart

Old 07-31-07, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please post pics of your widescreen two pack...
Old 07-31-07, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by gmerreighnjr; 12-26-09 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-31-07, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TylerDurden_73
I would but I don't have a camera.
Old 07-31-07, 04:21 PM

I didn't see any WS 2 packs at my wal-mart. Bummer.
Old 07-31-07, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

10 full screen at the walmart i work at, no widescreen so i bought the full and ill do the switcheroo.
Old 07-31-07, 04:26 PM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by TylerDurden_73
If you're calling shenanigans, call shenanigans:

"...OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN"
Old 07-31-07, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My local Sam's Club didn't even have Hot Fuzz for sale. I went back to the Wal-Mart and they were all sold out of widescreen single discs. For whatever reason, they only had stocked 10 or so copies while 300 and Pathfinder got full displays.

Last edited by Rizor; 07-31-07 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-31-07, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually bought both widescreen and the fs 2-pack. Was told buy the manager whose video rep was there that they didn't make a widescreen version of the 2-pack. I took that with a grain of salt....I don't think I'll do the switcheroo, and I'll give it to my brother-in-law who is an action movie fan.
Old 07-31-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
If you're calling shenanigans, call shenanigans:

"...OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN"

Yeah, I am skeptical, But popcorn tree hasn't lied before so why would he start.
Old 07-31-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by JediJones
Anyone have the bar code of the widescreen 2-pack? It's probably expecting too much but I wonder if I can give that to Wal-Mart and have them scan it or type it in to see if any stores in the area have it in stock.
The bar code is: 025195018722

It's on a sticky label over another sticky label on the cellophane wrap of the WS 2-pack.

To the person who wanted a photo -- I'm at work and don't have my camera but if I remember when I get home.
Old 07-31-07, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rizor
My local Sam's Club didn't even have Hot Fuzz for sale. I went back to the Wal-Mart and they were all sold out of widescreen single discs. For whatever reason, they only had stocked 10 or so copies while 300 and Pathfinder got full displays.
Honestly, not even best buy had a lot of copies of Hot Fuzz. First off, the ones on display with the new releases were full screen, and i had to go to the comedy section to find a widescreen version. And they only had four widescreens. Overall, i would say my best buy only had 12 copies of Hot Fuzz in stock.
Old 07-31-07, 04:39 PM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Full Pathfinder display at my Wal-Mart too. WTF?
Old 07-31-07, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Only had 10 Foolsscreen 2 packs at my local Walmart, so I bought the single WS edition. I refuse to even purchase this to do the switcheroo. Somewhere it'll track onto some bean counters spreadsheet and make it seem like FS will sell if it has better extras than WS....THOSE BASTARDS!
Old 07-31-07, 04:53 PM

Anyone know how the features on the HD-DVD compare to the single-disc version off hand?
Old 07-31-07, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
Full Pathfinder display at my Wal-Mart too. WTF?
My Wal-Mart had full displays of:

- 300 (actually two full displays, one at each entrance).
- Pathfinder.
- Hot Fuzz.
- Some direct-to-video animated Bratz film.

The actual DVD section of the store had no single-disc copies of Hot Fuzz available, only the two-packs.
Old 07-31-07, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JoserJerr
Anyone know how the features on the HD-DVD compare to the single-disc version off hand?
According to Universal's website for the HD-DVD:

# Outtakes
# Theatrical Trailers
# The Man Who Would Be Fuzz
# Hot Funk
# Danny's Notebook: The Other Side
# Feature Commentary with Simon Pegg & Edgar Wright
# Feature Commentary with The Sanford Police Service - Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Jim Broadbent, Rafe Spall, Kevin Eldon & Olivia Colman
# Feature Commentary with The Sandford Village People - Kenneth Cranham, Timothy Dalton, Paul Freeman & Edward Woodward
# Feature Commentary with The Real Fuzz - Andy Leafe & Nick Eckland
# Fuzz-O-Meter
# Storyboards
# Inadmissible: Deleted Scenes with Filmmaker Commentary
# We Made Hot Fuzz
# Speculative: Video Blogs
# Art Department
# Friends & Family
# Cranks, Cranes & Controlled Chaos
# Here Come the Fuzz
# Return to Sandford
# Edgar & Simon's Flip Chart
# Simon Muggs
# Sergeant Fisher's Perfect Sunday
# Photographic: Galleries
# Hearsay: Plot Holes and Comparisons
# Special Effects: Before and After
# AM Blam: Making Dead Right
# Dead Right (1993)
However, the back-cover of the HD-DVD is exactly the same as the DVD, and lists The Fuzzball Rally 30-minute documentary that is exclusive to R1, but it's nowhere listed on any specs sites for the HD-DVD.

The R1 DVD only has the commentary with Wright and Pegg, Fuzz-O-Meter, The Man Who Would Be Fuzz, Hot Funk, Danny's Notebook: The Other Side, The Fuzzball Rally, Deleted Scenes, Outtakes, and Trailers.
Old 07-31-07, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
According to Universal's website for the HD-DVD:

However, the back-cover of the HD-DVD is exactly the same as the DVD, and lists The Fuzzball Rally 30-minute documentary that is exclusive to R1, but it's nowhere listed on any specs sites for the HD-DVD.

The R1 DVD only has the commentary with Wright and Pegg, Fuzz-O-Meter, The Man Who Would Be Fuzz, Hot Funk, Danny's Notebook: The Other Side, The Fuzzball Rally, Deleted Scenes, Outtakes, and Trailers.
Many thanks. I also saw this link.

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/hotfuzz.html
Old 07-31-07, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Unfortunately, there was only a single copy of the twin-pack, which, of course, was available only in full-frame.

In all, there were very few copies of even the single-disc available either.
Old 07-31-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

OK, I borrowed a camera at work -- here's photos of the WS 2-pack from WalMart:

Old 07-31-07, 05:42 PM

Is this likely to be rare (in which case I get 2, one to save unopened to help support me in retirement)........
Old 07-31-07, 06:02 PM
Cool New Member

Switched it out

The people at wal mart didn't ask to see anything just told me to get a excat copy.

Now i have it in widescreen...WOOO
Old 07-31-07, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
The confirmed extras of the HD DVD. This is the one I'm buying.

* Audio Commentary with Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright: The Co-Writers sit down and chat with us in this feature-length commentary. Boy oh boy was this one enjoyable. Both Pegg and Wright have a high level of wit that is clearly shown here. Pegg and Wright speak on the homage to Bad Boys II and Point Break as well as the cast and sets.
* Audio Commentary with the Sanford Police Service: Participants include Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright, Jim Broadbent, Rafe Speall, Kevin Eldon and Olivia Colman. This one, as well as the following commentary, kind of served as a good vs. evil commentary. Here you had the good side of the law speaking, almost in character it seemed, about their talents and what it was like making the film.
* Audio Commentary with the Village People: Participants include Kenneth Cranham, Timothy Dalton, Paul Freeman and Edward Woodword. As I mentioned above, this one kind of serves as the evil commentary, which adds a funny twist to the commentary. I found myself enjoying the comments made here a tad bit more, mostly because of the humor and talent of Mr. Dalton.
* Real-Fuzz Commentary with Andy Leafe and Nick Eckland: With my fourth time through the film, I’ll be completely honest and mention that I didn’t get completely through this one. The comments I did here by the two real-life officers served as more of a factual commentary more than a humor commentary. I suppose this one is necessary for the die-hard fans, but I suppose I was a bit turned off by it after watching three funny commentaries.
* Theatrical Trailer: Here the film’s trailer is shown.
* Outtakes: Here we get a few funny outtakes.
* The Man Who Would Be Fuzz: A funny homage to Sean Connery and Michael Caine as Simon Pegg and Nick Frost play the two characters from an obvious film.
* Hot Funk (TV Version): This one runs as a “clean” dialogue feature with a few clips from the TV version of the film.
* Danny’s Notebook: The Other Side: This one shows us the ideas and themes that Danny had (Danny is the character played by Nick Frost).
* Fuzz-O-Meter: This one basically runs like a trivia track throughout the course of the film giving us information about the film and the making.
* Storyboards: Here storyboards are presented for all 27 chapters of the film.
* Evidence Room: Deleted Scenes: Here we get 22 deleted scenes that run about 20 minutes in length. Just like the film, a majority of the scenes are absolutely hilarious with constant laughs and smiles.
* Making Of: Conclusive: Here we get the film’s making of, which was a great watch. Even though the standard stuff is dealt with, it felt like something more, quite possibly because of the enjoyment of the film.
* Speculative: Video Blogs: Including here are 13 different mini features that chronicle the making of via interviews from the sets during periods of the film.
* Forensic: Featurettes: Here we get 3 different features; the first being Return to Sanford, which shows us the real town of Wells that stood in for Sandford in the film. The second feature, entitled Edgar & Simon’s Flip Chart shows them reading a flip chart of the town so we can see how much of the chart made it into the final product. The final feature, entitled Simon Muggs is sort of like more outtakes with Simon Pegg laughing after each take.
* Galleries: Here we get a variety of photo, poster and basic promotional kits used for the film.
* Heresay: Plot Holes/Comparisons: This one is broken down into two separate areas. One for Plot Holes and one for the film’s special effects with the Special Effects looking at 8 different sequences with a before-and-after look at each sequence.
* Falsified: Dead Right: This one runs 10 minutes and is entitled “Edgar’s 1st Cop Movie”. Optional commentary is available for Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright
* Easter Egg: Fence Jump: A little Easter Egg here with a few takes of the hilarious fence jump clip.
Old 07-31-07, 06:20 PM

Waterworks Wal-Mart outside of Pittsburgh was totally out of 2-packs (and I think only had FS to begin with), and was totally sold out of WS.
Old 07-31-07, 06:21 PM

Anybody come across the WS set in Maryland?
Old 07-31-07, 06:25 PM

Plenty of the Widescreen 2packs (around 10-20 copies, price was $19.96) at the Walmart on Rainbow & Spring Mtn for those in Vegas.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.