DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   $3.99 at Blockbuster Video (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/507116-%243-99-blockbuster-video.html)

Steve 07-22-07 10:25 PM

$3.99 at Blockbuster Video

Surprised to see a decent selection of $3.99 PVD at BBV.
saw

History of Violence (Great film - great price)
Saw II
3 Extremes (picked up - heard too much about it not to get it at that price)
Exorcist Prequel (I couldn't resist comparing it to Harlin's version - which I really liked!)
and others...

ThaGoddfather 07-22-07 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Steve
Surprised to see a decent selection of $3.99 PVD at BBV.
saw

History of Violence (Great film - great price)
Saw II
3 Extremes (picked up - heard too much about it not to get it at that price)
Exorcist Prequel (I couldn't resist comparing it to Harlin's version - which I really liked!)
and others...

What's BBV?

SkullOrchard 07-22-07 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by ThaGoddfather
What's BBV?

Blockbuster Video

alfonsosoriano 07-22-07 11:54 PM

I saw some $3.99 DVDs at the store in town but nothing that good! I'll have to keep an eye out.

pie-crust 07-23-07 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Knives
I thought it was for Ball Buster Video! :O

thats what i thought too.

I've checked the ballbusters around here, and they are all way over priced, at least when compared to other bbv's in my hometown.

sinizine 07-23-07 04:28 AM

I work at one. There's a ton of stuff, but most of it's kind of lame. I'll try to remember a few of the decent titles and report back.

gryffinmaster 07-23-07 07:27 PM

Three ... Extremes is worth $4 purely for Park's installment, "Cut". Chan's "Dumplings" is straight odd in a compelling way (undoubtedly the weakest), and Miike's "Box" is assuredly worth a viewing or two. Can't beat it for that price. :up:

sinizine 07-24-07 12:18 AM

Mostly lame stuff. At least, the couple that are worth buying I already own, like A History of Violence. Some stuff others might like though, like the Forgotten and Paparazzi. Mostly direct to video stuff. Saw a couple Wesley Snipes ones.

sinizine 08-11-07 02:24 AM

This was just updated this week, with some actual decent stuff like Thank you for Smoking, the Proposition, and Kinsey.

RustyOrgan 08-11-07 05:15 AM

Woa! I'd be in for Thank you for Smoking and the Proposition - already own Kinsey..

Spez 08-11-07 07:54 AM

I've seen The Final Cut and North Country in the $3.99 section too.

Sabrett 08-11-07 12:43 PM

Saw Sahara, Flightplan, Stepford Wives, and some others..

islandclaws 08-11-07 01:50 PM

Maybe I'll go check my local BB on my lunch break. I can't pass up Three... Extremes for $4.

groovrbaby 08-11-07 09:10 PM

Syriana, Saw II, Big Momma's House 2, Bewitched to add a few

asianxcore 08-12-07 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by sinizine
This was just updated this week, with some actual decent stuff like Thank you for Smoking, the Proposition, and Kinsey.

Thanks!

I might have to pick up The Proposition sometime soon.

Gambit 08-12-07 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Three ... Extremes is worth $4 purely for Park's installment, "Cut". Chan's "Dumplings" is straight odd in a compelling way (undoubtedly the weakest), and Miike's "Box" is assuredly worth a viewing or two. Can't beat it for that price. :up:

Not to sidetrack this thread, but a question about this movie.
I think they thought "Dumplings" was the strongest since they ended up making a 90 minute full-length feature out of it.
Anyway, since you put "Cut" as the highest, could you explain the ending to me? I've watched it a couple times and I still don't get it.

Spoiler:
That was his wife that he killed at the end, right? Who was he talking to then?

JAYARE 08-14-07 01:12 PM

just bought the poseidon adventure (1972) 2 disc special edition for 3.99. SWEET DEAL!!!!!