Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Simpsons set + T-shirt $21.47 Wal-Mart YMMV (including Season Six in normal box)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Simpsons set + T-shirt $21.47 Wal-Mart YMMV (including Season Six in normal box)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-07, 09:36 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local Wal-Mart has each season of the Simpsons packaged with a "Simpsons: The Movie" T-shirt for $21.47. It doesn't look like there is any movie cash included, but they do have Season Six in the regular box (not the Homer Head packaging).
Old 07-17-07, 12:33 PM

What's the deal with the homer head season six anyway? Why was that one so prevalent when the other ones (marge, lisa, bart) weren't? I personally have seasons 1-8 and the homer head is the only head version I have also.
Old 07-17-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Because the Homer head was the first of the seasons to use the "head" packaging, when negative word got out, Fox resorted to the dual packaging scheme that we see now. Dunno what they plan to do with seasons 11 and beyond (are we gonna get Apu head packaging?)
Old 07-17-07, 12:40 PM

Negative why? Because people just didn't like them?
Old 07-17-07, 12:41 PM

Because it didn't match the box standard that Seasons 1-5 established.
Old 07-17-07, 12:43 PM

I can see that. My homer head definitely stands out compared to the rest in the collection!
Old 07-17-07, 12:58 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what does YMMV mean?
Old 07-17-07, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Imail724
Excuse my ignorance, but what does YMMV mean?
Your Mileage May Vary
Old 07-17-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by videoguy
What's the deal with the homer head season six anyway? Why was that one so prevalent when the other ones (marge, lisa, bart) weren't? I personally have seasons 1-8 and the homer head is the only head version I have also.
Season six in the Homer head is so prevalent because originally it was released only in the Homer head packaging. If you didn't like that you had to mail away for a replacement case (that also sucked). It's just shown up in stores in a real case within the last couple weeks.

Originally Posted by Simpson Purist
Dunno what they plan to do with seasons 11 and beyond (are we gonna get Apu head packaging?)
I'm expecting another radical redesign in the package. They'll keep doing that every five seasons so by the time you have the entire series the collection is such a mess and so ugly together on a shelf you won't be able to stand looking at it.

So what's this shirt look like? I do want to get this new season six just for the decent packaging. If it's a nice shirt I might be able to justify it.
Old 07-17-07, 01:41 PM
Cool New Member

It's basically this image on the front of a white shirt.

Old 07-17-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
what a way for them to get free advertising
Old 07-17-07, 07:56 PM

My local WM had a section devoted to them. Took down the $7.50 summer movie section before I could finish buying some of them, and I don't know where they put them now.

Anyways, the last two or three seasons were $24.xx or $25.xx here.
Old 07-21-07, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Saw these last night for $21.84 I think it was. It looked like the season sets were not shrink-wrapped separately within the shrink-wrap that holds the T-shirt box to the DVD box.

I know there are some like myself that usually likes to leave the shrink-wrap on their cases and just cut the side open.
Old 07-21-07, 10:03 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
So walmart has the free shirts, BB has them for 9.99 after coupon, and only CC has them (all seasons) with movie cash.

I guess the way to go would be to try to get CC to honor the BB sale price and/or coupons. Anyone have any luck?
Old 07-21-07, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
So walmart has the free shirts, BB has them for 9.99 after coupon, and only CC has them (all seasons) with movie cash.

I guess the way to go would be to try to get CC to honor the BB sale price and/or coupons. Anyone have any luck?

Which coupon are you using at Best Buy to get them for $9.99?
Old 07-26-07, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Kmart has them with movie cash and on sale this week. I picked up the properly boxed season 6 with movie cash there for $19.99. I think it's worth upgrading the box at that price and trading in my old Homer Head set used.
Old 07-27-07, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I picked up season 9 tonight. I must be honest when I say I wonder how the hell they managed to mass package the shirt into a donut ring ....
Old 07-29-07, 12:03 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Saw these last night for $21.84 I think it was. It looked like the season sets were not shrink-wrapped separately within the shrink-wrap that holds the T-shirt box to the DVD box.

I know there are some like myself that usually likes to leave the shrink-wrap on their cases and just cut the side open.
It appears that way but THEY ARE actually sealed separately. I just bought season six today. And yes seasons 8 & 9 are $25, but the rest are $21. Great buy!
Old 07-29-07, 12:07 AM
Cool New Member

Also does anyone know when this deal ends?
Old 07-29-07, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
Season six in the Homer head is so prevalent because originally it was released only in the Homer head packaging. If you didn't like that you had to mail away for a replacement case (that also sucked). It's just shown up in stores in a real case within the last couple weeks.

I'm expecting another radical redesign in the package. They'll keep doing that every five seasons so by the time you have the entire series the collection is such a mess and so ugly together on a shelf you won't be able to stand looking at it.

So what's this shirt look like? I do want to get this new season six just for the decent packaging. If it's a nice shirt I might be able to justify it.

Do you really stare at your DVD cases all the time? Maybe I am in the minority, but I have purchased Case Logic Binders and take all of my DVDs out of their cases. What once took up excessive shelf space is now handles by 6 binders (about 500 films).

J
Old 07-29-07, 10:15 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by TM63975
Which coupon are you using at Best Buy to get them for $9.99?
There is a whole thread in the bargain forum about the Fox coupons.