DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   4-Disc Die Hard Trilogy $7.50 at Best Buy, $6 at Circuit City w/PM (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/506489-4-disc-die-hard-trilogy-%247-50-best-buy-%246-circuit-city-w-pm.html)

StephenX 07-15-07 09:03 PM

4-Disc Die Hard Trilogy $7.50 at Best Buy, $6 at Circuit City w/PM

Many may know the 'trilogies' sale at Best Buy this week, but in their weekly ad they had each new 'Die Hard' release at 7.50, and for some reason (probably a misprint or error) put the 4-Disc Die Hard Collection in the ad for 7.50 as well.

I took the ad to Circuit City and price matched and picked up a copy for less than $6 after tax. (CC pricematches, then beats by 10%).

Of course, YMMV, but I would think most B&M stores would honor it, and for $7.50 for the entire trilogy and a bonus extras disc, its a great deal. I'll probably buy a couple more for christmas gifts, as well.

Good luck!

Cardsfan111 07-15-07 09:31 PM

This has been discussed in great detail in the Best Buy weekly sale thread.

scottp120 07-15-07 09:43 PM

I'm going to get it tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me.

ThaGoddfather 07-15-07 09:54 PM

lol

StephenX 07-15-07 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
This has been discussed in great detail in the Best Buy weekly sale thread.

Whoops, guess I should check it more often, lol. Admin/MOD can feel free to delete this.

And Godfather, if the 'lol' is what it sounds like, there should not ONE word from you. You've double-posted your OWN posts. At least mine was negligence to read everything. You just repost your own thread information in it's own thread.

ThaGoddfather 07-15-07 10:08 PM

No, I posted a thread of $5 movies then a new $5 DISPLAY, I didn't think it mattered. Now I know, but at least I took the time and made my posts so everyone would know. I just thought it was funny because everyone have been talking about this. It's all good bro.

StephenX 07-15-07 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by ThaGoddfather
No, I posted a thread of $5 movies then a new $5 DISPLAY, I didn't think it mattered. Now I know, but at least I took the time and made my posts so everyone would know. I just thought it was funny because everyone have been talking about this. It's all good bro.

I was referring to the Die Hard movies in two posts, but at any rate, I guess I should have double-checked the BB post first. My bad.

ThaGoddfather 07-15-07 10:13 PM

Oh, yeah that was dumb but I was just trying to remind people, as were you.

JAYARE 07-15-07 11:47 PM

i got 2 copys at cc for 5.25 each, they had to call bb and make shure they had it in stock though.

HE Pennypacker 07-16-07 06:57 AM

When the deals are this great, I think it warrants its own thread. I'm well aware of Speedy's awesome threads, but good stuff can often get lost in there among all of the other discussion. I'm all for a separate thread promoting the really excellent deals.

JackBurton 07-16-07 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
When the deals are this great, I think it warrants its own thread. I'm well aware of Speedy's awesome threads, but good stuff can often get lost in there among all of the other discussion. I'm all for a separate thread promoting the really excellent deals.

Agreed :thumbsup: Especially if its a misprice or YMMV type deal.

No offense to Speedy (who I see as an asset to this forum), but the
"see the speedy thread" nazis are becoming more annoying than the repost and grammar nazis, imo.

arod1171 07-16-07 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by JackBurton

"see the speedy thread" nazis are becoming more annoying than the repost and grammar nazis, imo.

I agree, also. I never would have known about this since I don't regularly read the Best Buy thread. This deserves its own thread. Thanks to StephenX for the heads up.

RustyOrgan 07-16-07 08:42 AM

Agreed!

C_Fletch 07-16-07 10:02 AM

Agreed. Would have never known about it is it wasn't for this thread. Thanks StephenX!!!

SkullOrchard 07-16-07 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by JackBurton

Amen.

bigt7117 07-16-07 10:15 AM

Is Bestbuy actually honoring this price mistake? Or have they pulled them from the shelves with a sign saying it was a mistake?

Trevor 07-16-07 10:43 AM

Amen. I know that a lot of members here seem to pine for as few threads as possible, and there is a fine balance to be kept, but I am all for separate threads for separate deals.

TheMovieman 07-16-07 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by bigt7117
Is Bestbuy actually honoring this price mistake? Or have they pulled them from the shelves with a sign saying it was a mistake?

Mine did that the first day (didn't pull the sets, but signs were put up).

Altimus Prime 07-16-07 11:43 AM

I also agree that things like this merit their own thread.

Best Buy has a history of doing shit like this. It's not a "mistake" when it happens repeatedly. Just think about how many eyes they have going over those ads before they're OK'd for print. I'll bring up again the Enterprise season sets for $45... Best Buy would not honor the price, but I got a pricematch at WalMart.

That said... I think I may just grab 2 and 3 for $7.50 each. Two movies for $15 ain't bad. I mean, the idea of a three-movie box set selling for $7.50 is rather preposterous. I already have the five star release of the first.

I haven't seen Die Harder in a while. And the last few times I saw it, it was edited - all I remember about it is that elevator scene where the reporter asks the bad guy for a comment and he says, in the "edited for TV" version, "Joke and you." :lol:

cordobes 07-16-07 11:54 AM

I tried to take advantage of this on my lunch break, but BB already posted notices correcting the mistake. I then went to CC, but they have either sold out or pulled their copies off the shelf because there were none to be found.

docdoowop 07-16-07 12:12 PM

Tried a second location and the CC drone said "it's a Best Buy mistake" and they wouldn't honor it. Fug it.

scottp120 07-16-07 12:27 PM

I tried it today and they had a notice posted saying that they made a mistake. Great what a waste of gas, but worth the shot.

Snowmaker 07-16-07 12:37 PM

I went to CC with only about $26 on me. They had one copy of Simpsons S6 in the regular box and 3 Die Hard Collections, so I opted for Simpsons first and the woman PM'd the Simpsons to the BB ad with no problem and I headed out to the ATM.

Went back and I had too smart of a checkout guy at CC this time. He actually went and printed out BB's web listings for each Die Hard and the collection. :(

Then went to BB and they had it posted. :(

So I'll try another CC on the way home.

cgray 07-16-07 12:41 PM

I wholly agree... It isn't that people (me) are too lazy to go through the CC and BB ads... It's just that the weekly ads usually aren't "deal" enough for me to read through them all. It's a lot of time, and I much prefer the biggest deals, misprints, etc. having their own thread. I see I'm not alone.

Of course, I do appreciate all of Speedy's work.

Altimus Prime 07-16-07 12:51 PM

Come on, who doesn't think $7.50 per movie isn't a good price as it is? Especially if you like them and don't already have them.

Lowest price I can find is $10.39 at DD.