Reload this Page >

4-Disc Die Hard Trilogy $7.50 at Best Buy, $6 at Circuit City w/PM

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

4-Disc Die Hard Trilogy $7.50 at Best Buy, $6 at Circuit City w/PM

Old 07-16-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Come on, who doesn't think $7.50 per movie isn't a good price as it is? Especially if you like them and don't already have them.
Its the thrill of the hunt and bragging rights.

I already have the 6-disk set and was just looking for one for my brother.
Old 07-16-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts
Come on, who doesn't think $7.50 per movie isn't a good price as it is? Especially if you like them and don't already have them.

Lowest price I can find is $10.39 at DD.
How are they different from the 5* trilogy box set? Any new content?
Old 07-16-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo
How are they different from the 5* trilogy box set? Any new content?
Slim cases, only 1 disk of bonus material, mostly promoting the new movie.

I think the 3 movie disks are the same as far as content as the ones in the 6-disk set IIRC.
Old 07-16-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts
My local Wal-mart has the set (no bonus disc) for regular price of $18.88 so I don't think $7.50 a movie is that great, especially when you will likely see this set down the road for $12 to $15 on sale.

I thought that it was mentioned that there was some movie cash in the set for Die Hard 4 which is what I was mainly purchasing it for (and the first movie). The one at my Wal-mart made no mention of movie cash so I didn't pick it up or attempt to price match (especially when I would probably re-buy them eventually on BR or HD in the coming years). Is there a mention of the movie cash on the outside of the sets that have it?

My Circuit City had none but then again, as messy as their movie section was, I don't see how you could find anything you wanted there.

My BB had a sign posted saying it was a price mistake.
Old 07-16-07, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Individually, they're single discs in standard keepcases, I believe.

It's kinda like the Bond movies. They took 'em out of the sets, and took away the second features disc. But there's still a commentary on the disc for each movie.

... heck, at $18.88 I'd consider buying it. But I was at a WalMart last night and didn't see it. I can check another, but even if they have it, the price may be different, as WalMarts often are. Still, $15 (for 2 and 3) is less than $19. I have no need to buy the first movie again. I already saw the new one.

I would think sets with the movie cash would state so on the package. Why some have it and others don't, I dunno. But I'd think all of them should have the bonus disc - that's pretty much the sole reason for this release, isn't it, to tout the new film???

Last edited by Altimus Prime; 07-16-07 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-16-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by cgray
I wholly agree... It isn't that people (me) are too lazy to go through the CC and BB ads... It's just that the weekly ads usually aren't "deal" enough for me to read through them all. It's a lot of time, and I much prefer the biggest deals, misprints, etc. having their own thread. I see I'm not alone.

Of course, I do appreciate all of Speedy's work.

Thanks.....

I got in on this deal but at Wal*Mart which has the 3 Movie set with NO bonus disc for $18.88. IT's also a slightly different cover than the one shown in the Best Buy thread. That alone caused many a furrowed brow at the Wal*Mart in West Haven, CT. yesterday.......

Good deal on Bourne movies coming in tonight's Best Buy posting.....
Old 07-16-07, 03:21 PM

^ Oooo... I'm excited.
Old 07-16-07, 03:48 PM

Just called a nearby WalMart. They don't have the box set. The movie's individually are $9.44.

So I'm stopping at BBuy on the way home. I just can't see $7.50 each for 2 and 3 - which I need and want - being a bad deal.
Old 07-16-07, 04:01 PM

I went to Best Buy, grabbed the flyer, drove over to CC... looked through their titles for like 10 min and couldnt find the set, asked a employee if they had any, he dissapeared for like 5 min, came back with one, went to the checkout... $5.15 after tax for The Die Hard Collection + Free Ticket for DH4. Thanks OP
Old 07-16-07, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, this was an interesting turn of events:

I stopped at a second CC on the way home, grabbed two Die Hard Collections and proceeded to the counter with the BB ad just like before. And once again the girl looked at the ad, didn't believe it and had to go check the BB website. I figured right there I was boned.

She comes back saying how its $34.99 on their site and they cannot match it. Now, after that display of smarts, this is the part that amazed me. She then says, "I think that set was on sale here last week for $9.99 though, so I can match that price if you'd like."

So, without hesitation, I said "that'll work!" and was on my merry way.

I don't know why $7.50 seemed like such an unbelievable price, but not $9.99.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 07-16-07 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-16-07, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Well, this was an interesting turn or events:

I stopped at a second CC on the way home, grabbed two Die Hard Collections and proceeded to the counter with the BB ad just like before. And once again the girl looked at the ad, didn't believe it and had to go check the BB website. I figured right there I was boned.

She comes back saying how its $34.99 on their site and they cannot match it. Now, after that display of smarts, this is the part that amazed me. She then says, "I think that set was on sale here last week for $9.99 though, so I can match that price if you'd like."

So, without hesitation, I said "that'll work!" and was on my merry way.

I don't know why $7.50 seemed like such an unbelievable price, but not $9.99.

Score two for the Snowmaker!!!
Old 07-16-07, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best Buy: Price Correction Sign
Circuit City: No Copies Available
Wal-Mart: No Copies Available

Batting zero in Boardman, Ohio...
Old 07-16-07, 09:15 PM

Success for me here in the ATL.

I brought in the BB ad and went up to the register, verifying i could pricematch there (playing dumb). I handed her the ad and she then checked the BB website (who gives cashiers internet at their registers?!) and saw the price was 34.99. she was, obviously, confused, and i figured i was toast then. she went and spoke to her supervisor who ok'd the transaction (after initially claiming the ad wasn't valid, which i promptly pointed out was still valid). She then came back and proceded to price match the 7.50, with the 10% deal, making the price $5.25 / $5.71 out the door! this did have the ticket in it as well!!!

for people who might want to try, this was at the Akers Mill Circuit City (by Cumberland Mall). There was one more set BELOW the regular action dvds (which are a HUGE mess). might be able to be successful tomorrow if you try! I only took one trying to leave it open for other dvd talkers.
Old 07-16-07, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by vballboy51
She then came back and proceded to price match the 7.50, with the 10% deal
Are my CC stores the only ones that don't do that anymore? My CC stores will only refund you 10% of the difference if you find it cheaper AFTERWARDS.
Old 07-16-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you can easily just buy it right there and then go over to the CS desk to ask for the adjustment.
Old 07-16-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts
Responding to all the posts about this being worthy of a separate thread... The logic being pointed out is that it's difficult to look through the threads that Speedy posts with the weekly ad. I have to disagree a bit. I Don't take the time to read through the whole thread consisting of people offering their thanks and asking for the prices on televisions. Just check the 1st post. This week's Best Buy ad clearly pointed out in the very first post, the Die Hard deal including a note from Speedy indicating the likelihood that it was a price mistake.

Even with all that being said, I don't mind the separate thread. I'd be equally as content with Speedy's weekly sale ads.
Old 07-16-07, 11:56 PM
Cool New Member

Go two sets for the $7.50 at the Best Buy on 86th street and Lexington in Manhattan this afternoon.

Pointed out that the picture matched the set and the manager ok'd it.
Old 07-17-07, 12:10 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts
Bought 3 today at CC, pricematched w/ no problem. Thought about going the route for the extra 10%, but decided to be happy at $7 and change. Used the three tickets tonight. So I've made $3 and have 3 sets of DVDs to ebay or gift. Thanks Speedy and OP!
Old 07-17-07, 01:46 AM
Cool New Member

if I just print out the page from the ad online, would that work?
Old 07-17-07, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Any attempts today?
Old 07-17-07, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I just got back from the CC in West Covina, CA. Absolutely no problem. The cashier didn't even bat an eye and I walked out of there spending a total of $5.68.
Old 07-17-07, 04:54 PM

Picked up two of the three Circuit City had in stock in Champaign, IL. The kid commented that he was supposed to verify availability at BB but he didn't really care.
Old 07-17-07, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone know the difference between this set and the last box set that had all three movies in 2-Disc sets ... specifically regarding the content and options?

I am trying to decide if I should get in on this deal.
Old 07-17-07, 05:06 PM

just got mine from CC for $5.52 out the door. no problem at all.
Old 07-17-07, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by flix1
Anyone know the difference between this set and the last box set that had all three movies in 2-Disc sets ... specifically regarding the content and options?

I am trying to decide if I should get in on this deal.
Slimcases, with disc 1 of the SEs, as well as a bonus disc containing 2 documentaries and some trailers for the new movie. So 4 discs in all.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.