Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Fox $10 Off @ Best Buy Works On The Simpsons & Arrested Development!!!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Fox $10 Off @ Best Buy Works On The Simpsons & Arrested Development!!!

Old 07-20-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
The ironic thing being that your friend was trying to "scam" Best Buy.

That whole scenario reminds me of the Target box set misprice snafu of a couple of years ago where people were being detained in the store by security after they'd already paid for their sets, not to mention those who had the cops called on them by bastard managers (again, after they'd already paid for the sets and were walking out, receipt and dvds in hand). I realize there's a lot of pressure on managers to keep up with the latest "scams" (misprices, mis-applied coupons, etc.), but it's no excuse, EVER, for a manager to behave in such a fashion as described above or as in the Target cases. We're far too litigious as a society for them to think their behavior isn't going to backfire on both them and their companies.
Old 07-20-07, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Success at the Best Buy in Cary, North Carolina. Picked up Simpson's Season 7 & 8 for $10 each. I thought season 9 was $19.99 too, but it was like $29.99 or something. I was hoping to get the free movie ticket but that was only in season 9. They had the stupid homer head still for season 6 so I still haven't picked that one up.

When I got in line the cashier asked me if I had a million copies of the coupon. I said No, these are the only two (which is true..this was my first time trying it) and he said he didn't care. He said a guy came in with a stack of about 15 and bought 15 sets and he rang them all up on the same ticket. Crazy. The kid was probably about 17 yrs. old or so and was pretty nerdy. My guess is that some Best Buy stores just don't care since Fox is paying them and some stores are just jerks.
Old 07-20-07, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Miami Joe
This worked out great as I needed to get the 4 episode 24 season 6 disk for a gift which was priced at $9.99.
I tried this during the last BBY FOX Week with The Simple Life ($7.99) but was told by the manager that the purchase had to be AT LEAST $10.00 in order for the coupon to apply. I nearly went with the "show me where it says that on the coupon" rebuttal, but had he continued reading, he might have found the "no copies" line.
Old 07-21-07, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Miami Joe
Worked Friday morning at about 10am scanned in with no problem. This worked out great as I needed to get the 4 episode 24 season 6 disk for a gift which was priced at $9.99. Cashier spent a little time looking at it and I thought she was going to deny it, but then I mentioned that "it should scan properly" and she went ahead and scanned it without a word, receipt printed zero due, she put 24 in the bag and without any $'s spent, I was on my way! Sweeeet. Thanks all.
(and yes I do feel bad about giving someone the beginnings of 24 Season 6 as I know I'm just setting them up for a disappointing remaining 20 or so hours- haha)

Why was 24 S01 priced at $9.99?
Old 07-21-07, 09:37 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 369 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by chard31
Why was 24 S01 priced at $9.99?
The way I read it, it was the single disc 4 episode preview of season 6 that is regularly priced at $9.99 and therefore free after the coupon.
Old 07-21-07, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I finished getting the rest of the X-Files today. I figured out that Im paying $.45 cents an episode. $1.80 a disc. Not too bad I say. I of course based this off getting S1 blind and really digging it. I hope the whole series doesnt let me down.

However my sister and dad have now seen S1 and theyre really getting into the show.
Old 07-21-07, 09:05 PM
Cool New Member

BB scanned two Fox coupons for me for AD S1&2 without incident. Grabbed the weekly flyer & went across the street to CC and got a PM copy of the DHC dvd. Two nice deals in the space of 15 minutes. Wondering if there might yet be at least one more Fox deal available between now and coupon expiration. Anyway good to know it's scanning once again without override like towards the end of the June deal.
Old 07-21-07, 09:18 PM
Cool New Member

Printed out on glossy and took it to the Humble TX Best Buy and picked up Arrested Development S1 for a whopping $6.33. I pussed out and didn't take more than one so as not to cause suspiscion. It'll make a good gift for somebody though.
Old 07-21-07, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 179 Likes on 133 Posts
It worked out well that I had 5 coupons printed out from the last deal that I hadn't used---hadn't thrown 'em away, but had left them in my car. Stopped by Best Buy and got X-Files seasons 2-6 without any problem (he had to ring up each one up separately---kept thinking my credit card might decline one based on the repeated charges).

I still haven't watched season 1 from the first sale and the X-files is a blind buy for me (although I'm fairly confident I'll like it). Seem to recall several mentioning in this forum that the show went downhill the last few seasons so I may stop at season 6 regardless.
Old 07-22-07, 03:47 PM

Looks like you can still try this for the time being on Arrested & X-Files, because AD is still $14.99 each and X-Files is still $19.99 each on Best Buy's website.
May be a little difficult to get them to pricematch their own website (if the prices don't show up in stores) AND use the $10 coupon, but it's worth a try.
Old 07-22-07, 08:53 PM

Picked up all three seasons of Arrested Development today using the coupons in two separate transactions: each rang up at $14.99.

Great deal I say!
Old 07-22-07, 09:42 PM

Has anyone by any chance tried using these on King Of The Hill (if it's even possible) at regular price? I'd pick up the seasons for $14.99 if it worked. I may just try it.
Old 07-23-07, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by pepsiguy
Has anyone by any chance tried using these on King Of The Hill (if it's even possible) at regular price? I'd pick up the seasons for $14.99 if it worked. I may just try it.
Seems like it would work, unless it is a copy of the coupon maybe, but an original coupon should work fine.
Old 07-23-07, 12:59 PM

Would it be possible to price match King of the Hill and Futurama which are on sale at Circuit City and then use the coupon? That would be a great deal!
Old 07-23-07, 01:50 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by HoolieMan
Would it be possible to price match King of the Hill and Futurama which are on sale at Circuit City and then use the coupon? That would be a great deal!
it will depend very much on your cashier. They aren't supposed to allow you to use the coupon for sale items.

several posters have suggested looking for male cashiers who appear to be 17-20. They probably care the least.

Good luck!
Old 07-23-07, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by HoolieMan
According to Best Buy's policies, they don't price match competitors, so good luck
Old 07-23-07, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ason12
According to Best Buy's policies, they don't price match competitors, so good luck
What? They do pricematch competitors.

But to pricematch and then subtract the coupon also, I doubt it.
Old 07-23-07, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ason12
What information are you basing this information on? Here is what I just found on their site, which is the same as it's been for years:

Store Price Guarantee
Two more great reasons to buy with confidence.

If you are about to make a purchase at a Best Buy store and discover a lower advertised price offered by a local retail competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.

Already bought? We'll refund you the price difference, plus an additional 10% of that difference up to 30 days after your purchase (14 days on select categories*, 60 days for HDTVs purchased from 6/3/07 through 9/29/07).

Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect.

Exclusions apply. For full details, please see our store price guarantee policy. Price matching policy may vary between stores. See store for complete details.
Old 07-23-07, 04:06 PM

Oops! Appears I was looking at the Online Price Match policy, sorry!
Old 07-24-07, 09:38 PM

Anyone in Southern NH try this at the Nashua Best Buy?

I'd like to pick up Arrested Development as I've never seen the show but heard many good things about it.
Old 07-24-07, 11:23 PM
Cool New Member

I'd like to pick up Arrested Development as I've never seen the show but heard many good things about it.

Deal is dead they are no longer on sale..sorry
Old 07-25-07, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by rampageric77

Deal is dead they are no longer on sale..sorry

You sure about that?

BB web site is still showing AD for $15 per season...

Going there today so I'll know for sure later...
Old 07-25-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Deal is still alive as of 7/25 in Dublin, CA.

After 12 transactions, 6 days later, I now own X-Files Seasons 1-9 and AD Seasons 1-3.

wow, fantastic deal. I remember buying (then selling) the first 3 seasons of X-Files for around $95 used each, and thinking that was a great deal. I love the new slim line cases and box covers.
Old 07-25-07, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts
Folks at Hazell Dell WA BB aren't taking the coupons. This one gal was reading my coupon, for like a minute or two. Really anal about the what the coupon said. She says, "It says you can only take $10 off the regular price. And it's only good for one purchase. Oh and per household. So, even if you had someone living in your home, they wouldn't qualify using another coupon." Finally I couldn't keep quiet anymore and said, "Oh really. So, uhh, just how would you know if I made one purchase and then my roommate came in with a coupon and purchased something. You mean to tell me you guys have a way of knowing if he lives with me? That's pretty cool if you do!"

She didn't think it was funny. I left.
Old 07-25-07, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 122 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor
The way I read it, it was the single disc 4 episode preview of season 6 that is regularly priced at $9.99 and therefore free after the coupon.
Which itself comes with a $10 off coupon for 24 S6 whenever it comes out. Just a head's up for those wanting yet another $10 off coupon (albeit more specific).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.