DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Fox $10 Off @ Best Buy Works On The Simpsons & Arrested Development!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/506480-fox-%2410-off-%40-best-buy-works-simpsons-arrested-development.html)

pepsiguy 07-16-07 06:45 PM

Hooray, I was able to get the last season of the X-files I was missing from last time around. Score. :D

Coupon scanned automatically.

Peep 07-16-07 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by JB7
You guys are getting the $10 off the SALE price right? Also you are using more then 1 coupon at a time correct?

The chick I had said she had to take the discount off regular price. I was like WHAT? She said, "That is what the coupon says". :rolleyes: So instead of paying the $19.99, I would be paying more just to use the coupon. I just left and guess I will try again. That was after she told me it was 1 coupon per person, per house hold. UGH!!

That is what the employees are supposed to do. It's a real YMMV as to whether or not they do so or if they let you use multiple coupons at once.

The coupon also clearly says "no copies", so they may choose to not even honor it on normal MSRP.

We can't really fault them for asking us to abide by the rules of the coupon.

JB7 07-16-07 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Peep
We can't really fault them for asking us to abide by the rules of the coupon.

I don't fault them, just wish they would be consistant. With all the positive results people have been having, I was just shocked. Who knew a blond could be that smart! hehe

dczyz 07-16-07 09:27 PM

Southlake texas worked fine for arrested development. Coupon scanned, and after clicked total the computer screen sent up a message about the $10. So $5.40 out the door.

Peep 07-16-07 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by JB7
I don't fault them, just wish they would be consistant. With all the positive results people have been having, I was just shocked. Who knew a blond could be that smart! hehe

I hear you.

RustyOrgan 07-17-07 08:01 AM

Any idea if this is still active as of TUES?

Michael Corvin 07-17-07 08:06 AM

I was wondering as well. I was too lazy to head out last night.

hotwls13 07-17-07 08:51 AM

Coupon worked great for me last night on AD S2. Bought that and a pack of gum. I used a $5 RZ cert, so it cost me $1.xx OTD. :)

MScottM 07-17-07 10:22 AM

Picked up two complete sets of Arrested Developement last night. One for me and one for my brother. Coupons worked fine. $15 for 3 season sets. Thanks OP.

docdoowop 07-17-07 11:36 AM

Second trip...second season of "Arrested". $5.32 OTD.

RustyOrgan 07-17-07 04:28 PM

heh - Tried to pick up SIX copies of Arrested Development Season 1 - Coupon wouldn't scan, cashier had to key in manually. Before she would let me pay she called over the lane manager to confirm that the coupons were valid. Dude canceled the transaction. Said they were 'photocopies' from 'some website.' I think i lucked into a new cashier. Oh well. Wouldn't try Fair Lakes, VA..

gmerreighnjr 07-17-07 05:57 PM

OvPark/Olathe,Kansas folks--walked into the 95th & Quivira BB but they only had copies of seasons 1&2 left--gave one coupon to my wife and we checked out seperatly w/o a problem

Drove over to the College & I-35 store in Olathe (i haven't shopped at the 119th & Metcalf store since i went in looking for a Superchunk cd and the guy came back and told me Supertramp hadn't put out an album since 1986) and picked up a copy of season 3 w/ slipcase w/o a problem

thanks for the heads up everyone....i LOVE this place :)

speedy1961 07-17-07 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by gmerreighnjr
OvPark/Olathe,Kansas folks--walked into the 95th & Quivira BB but they only had copies of seasons 1&2 left--gave one coupon to my wife and we checked out seperatly w/o a problem

Drove over to the College & I-35 store in Olathe (i haven't shopped at the 119th & Metcalf store since i went in looking for a Superchunk cd and the guy came back and told me Supertramp hadn't put out an album since 1986) and picked up a copy of season 3 w/ slipcase w/o a problem

thanks for the heads up everyone....i LOVE this place :)

Stick around lad.... We're glad to have you!

DxXpac0069 07-17-07 06:56 PM

went to west Wichita store here in KS. Was denied by cashier on AD season 2 even after the cashier called over the manager who said and I quote "Oh hell, I don't care." But did score season 1 at east for $5 and some change at the east Wichita store...the only season they had.

Peep 07-17-07 07:48 PM

So, are the coupons still scanning automatically or not? It seems like they weren't for RustyOrgan and I couldn't tell for sure about anybody else who posted today.

RustyOrgan 07-17-07 08:46 PM

I think it was a poor xerox - i've had them scan in the past. No manager override required either.

RustyOrgan 07-17-07 08:47 PM

Checked out Reston, VA and was denied. "A memo was circulated about not accepting photocopied coupons. And besides, the items are already on sale." A friend tried Fair Lakes, VA and was denied for the same reasons. Bummer.

Mikael79 07-17-07 09:29 PM

I was able to get the discount here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It scanned in perfectly and didn't require an override.

bwsmom 07-17-07 10:04 PM

Confirmed working at SE 82nd in Portland/Clackamas. Went there today and picked up S2 for a co-worker of mine who's still marveling at my bargain-shopping prowess! rotfl Of course, I was too chicken to try two coupons at once, so I'm headed to Gresham tomorrow to see if I can get S3 for him. Will report back, one way or another....

Droog 07-17-07 10:42 PM

Got all 3 seasons of AD, and went back later in the day to snag Simpsons 9 + movie ticket. The cashier was very nice and offered to ring them the AD seasons separately for me, I think it was the first time he'd seen the coupon. I really wish I'd gotten in on the deal last month, but hopefully Family Guy will be on sale before the end of August.

brocklanders 07-17-07 11:07 PM

Guys like Rusty Organ are the reason that these deals get cancelled...total abuse. Trying to buy and resell by obviously buying 6 at the discounted price.

Michael Corvin 07-18-07 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by brocklanders
Guys like Rusty Organ are the reason that these deals get cancelled...total abuse. Trying to buy and resell by obviously buying 6 at the discounted price.

Exactly. Always gotta have one abuser.

At any rate I picked up one of each season of AD. Worked like a charm. Cashier even put them all in one transaction. :up: Thanks OP.

JakeNeff 07-18-07 07:21 AM

I scored two Simpson's seasons. Didn't care to push my luck with more than that.

basaro 07-18-07 08:11 AM

Grabbed the last 3 X-Files seasons I needed last night at two different stores because of stock limitations at the first store. Neither had the simpsons s6 in the regular box, so i didn't get that but at least I now have the complete X-Files for only $89.91!

Coupons just scan automatically, no manager override needed. Cashier just needs to hit subtotal and then enter when the coupon popup appears, just like any other coupon usually works there. Can do as many as you want in one transaction.

The guys behind me in line commented on how good a deal it was and we struck up a little conversation with the cashier too. Everybody seems to be loving it and everyone is using them, no problems. :)

RustyOrgan 07-18-07 09:56 AM

Oh God - Give me a fucking break!