Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

$10 off $30+ order via PayPal @ Comedy Central Online!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 07-05-07, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my e-mail:

There are no more fireworks or hotdogs but you can still enjoy A SALE!! Free yourself from the burdens of high prices and get $10 off your order of $30 or more by using the code FIREWORKS* when you check out with PayPal.

*Code limited to one per person and valid for PayPal orders only. Comedy Central reserves the right to cancel orders deemed abusive.
Link to their DVD section

Plus, you can do a search for "free shipping" in the DVD section and get about 25 items that ship free. (Tried to link to the results, but it didn't work.)

Enjoy!

Last edited by bwsmom; 07-05-07 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-05-07, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Viacom returns.
Old 07-05-07, 07:16 PM

This is the new deal they came up with? We lose free shipping, we lose the no minimum, we lose non-DVD purchases, and we lose the 'and-next-time-too' part. The loss of free shipping hurts the most. Unlike the Viacom's last deal, this one isn't even worth trying to use more than once. I'll pick up the Simpsons Season Ten, but only because that's the one title coming out this summer that I'm not willing to wait for DD's 20% off sale in November to buy. Everything else can wait for a better deal at DD (or elsewhere if Google Checkout throws their hat in the ring again - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another $20 off $50 from them again).

Thanks for the head-ups, though...

Last edited by Dogbert; 07-05-07 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-05-07, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm trying to take the high road here, but that post makes it pretty tough to do. You're serious, right? Words fail me.
Old 07-05-07, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dogbert
...we lose non-DVD purchases...
Umm.... I don't recall seeing anywhere that you couldn't use the code on things other than DVDs.... did I miss something?
Old 07-05-07, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by hilts

I'm trying to take the high road here, but that post makes it pretty tough to do. You're serious, right? Words fail me.
What's wrong with my post? Viacom's last sale (at MTV) had all those things. If you think I'm complaining about not being able to get unlimited things for free as some people did, read my post again. I did note that this deal isn't even worth considering trying to use more than once, but that was just to show how much worse this one is. What I'm complaining about is mainly the loss of free shipping, which the promo at MTV specifically said would stack. My other complaints, including the limit of one instead of two uses and the lack of a minimum amount are also complaints comparing the official terms of the MTV deal to the CC deal. Once again, this is NOT about the inability to use it unlimited times.

Originally Posted by bwsmom
Umm.... I don't recall seeing anywhere that you couldn't use the code on things other than DVDs.... did I miss something?
Sorry, my bad. Comedy Central doesn't carry games as MTV did, which was the difference that I had noticed.

Last edited by Dogbert; 07-05-07 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-05-07, 09:55 PM

^^^This a Comedy Central deal, not MTV.
Old 07-05-07, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by sandman007
They're both owned by MTV Network though. They may be slightly different, but they are both operated by the same division of the parent company.
Old 07-06-07, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dogbert
This is the new deal they came up with? We lose free shipping, we lose the no minimum, we lose non-DVD purchases, and we lose the 'and-next-time-too' part. The loss of free shipping hurts the most. Unlike the Viacom's last deal, this one isn't even worth trying to use more than once. I'll pick up the Simpsons Season Ten, but only because that's the one title coming out this summer that I'm not willing to wait for DD's 20% off sale in November to buy. Everything else can wait for a better deal at DD (or elsewhere if Google Checkout throws their hat in the ring again - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another $20 off $50 from them again).

Thanks for the head-ups, though...

Sounded like pretty strict terms yeah, but also their prices weren't that great to begin with. By the way, if you don't mind dealing with fye.com they have Simspsons season 10 for $31.49 (use 10% off coupon) and free shipping. Probably comes out to almost the same as using this deal.
Old 07-06-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by sandman007
Both Viacom companies.
Old 07-06-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Both Viacom companies.
Hell if you buy anything from Comedy Central, it states your paypal account will be charged by MTV. They don't even hide it.
Old 07-06-07, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by sotra
Sounded like pretty strict terms yeah, but also their prices weren't that great to begin with. By the way, if you don't mind dealing with fye.com they have Simspsons season 10 for $31.49 (use 10% off coupon) and free shipping. Probably comes out to almost the same as using this deal.
Thanks for the suggestion, sotra. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 10% off coupon is for new customers, right? Their site search isn't working right now, so I can't verify this, but I'm guessing I'll get hit with tax too if I went with FYE. Plus, for some reason, many sites (including Amazon) are charging more for the regular packaging (the head boxes don't fit my shelf, so I tend to stick with the regular boxes).
Old 07-06-07, 10:35 AM
Banned

thanks a bunch. I got strangers with candy, and reno season 3... I had no idea they had strangers so cheap to begin with.
Old 07-06-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am trying to buy the package deal of South Park Seasons 7 & 8 for $37.99.

When you bring up the product page it says free shipping, but it shows shipping as $7 in my cart, and now I'm up to the checkout page and it still says $7. I tried to change shipping method, but can't get it to give me free shipping.

Can anybody help?
Old 07-06-07, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like none of the multi-season packages are working for free shipping - yuck.

EDIT: I e-mailed them about it. Will post if they update.

Last edited by DamingR; 07-06-07 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-06-07, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

SCTV volume 1 $41.79!! Yow!
Old 07-06-07, 11:27 PM

I didn't see anyone mention it but this puts Strangers with Candy: Complete Series (3 Seasons) at an excellent price. It should be $14.99 and it has free shipping. Too bad I already have the individual seasons.
Old 07-07-07, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

But..

The whole Strangers with Candy series is only $24.99. That's a great price. Why would anyone want to buy the individual seasons?!?
Old 07-07-07, 12:53 AM

Thanks OP! Picked up Strangers With Candy complete series and Star Trek V for $25.87 shipped.
Old 07-07-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DamingR
Looks like none of the multi-season packages are working for free shipping - yuck.

EDIT: I e-mailed them about it. Will post if they update.
Ryan,

Thanks for your interest in our product.
We'd love to tell you more about it,
but unfortunately what you see on the site is all the information the supplier
has given us.

Sorry we don't have more detailed info for you!

Sincerely,
Comedy Central Shop Customer Support
Old 07-07-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DamingR
Ryan,

Thanks for your interest in our product.
We'd love to tell you more about it,
but unfortunately what you see on the site is all the information the supplier
has given us.

Sorry we don't have more detailed info for you!

Sincerely,
Comedy Central Shop Customer Support
Unbelievable! Not surprising though.