Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Save Up to 50% on Director's Cut, Special Edition, and Fully Loaded DVDs at Amazon

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Save Up to 50% on Director's Cut, Special Edition, and Fully Loaded DVDs at Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-07, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000095891
Old 07-03-07, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hmm not bad.i wonder if i order A Fish Called Wanda,will iget the slipcase ot it's too late?
Old 07-07-07, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts
This sale doens't seem to be getting much love after all the other recent news/deals.

I'm interested in the Silence of the Lamb's Collector's Edition ($15.49) and Rocky Collector's Edition ($13.49). With the possible exception of the 20% sales in June, I don't see anyone else beating those prices. Of course, someone can correct me if they'd like to, preferably before I pull the trigger on these!
Old 07-08-07, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
This sale doens't seem to be getting much love after all the other recent news/deals.

I'm interested in the Silence of the Lamb's Collector's Edition ($15.49) and Rocky Collector's Edition ($13.49). With the possible exception of the 20% sales in June, I don't see anyone else beating those prices. Of course, someone can correct me if they'd like to, preferably before I pull the trigger on these!
Rocky was 9.99 at BB not THAT long ago...no telling whether they'd do it again (balboa tie in I think) but still a lower price...
Old 07-08-07, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
Amazon's "deals" have been getting progressively bad.
Well, I would say so considering that they have been doing the online equivalent of chasing customers in the parking lot and demanding they give back items that were sold too cheaply.
Old 07-10-07, 01:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well this sale is fucking bullshit. I placed an order for Silence of the Lambs, Rocky, and Patton the other day. Shows on the website that they wont ship until Friday. Would seem they're having a sale for movies that aren't even in stock.
Old 07-10-07, 02:31 AM

good price for TGTBATU but everybody probably owns it by now.

i might do my 1st double-dip ever for that SOTL. i believe the version i have right now is the fullscreen 1-discer. i can justify an upgrade considering it's one of my top 15 movies ever, right?
Old 07-10-07, 07:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, just because I don't want to shill out a bunch of extra money for something I know will take 2 days to get to me with free shipping Amazon goes and holds my order. Sucks to you customer.
Old 07-10-07, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeShaynePI
Man, just because I don't want to shill out a bunch of extra money for something I know will take 2 days to get to me with free shipping Amazon goes and holds my order. Sucks to you customer.
4. Select Super Saver Shipping as your shipping speed. Please note that your order will take an additional 3 to 5 business days to ship.

Seems like they're right on schedule.
Old 07-10-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yea, that's what I experience every time. It's a shame because the free shipping is lightning quick for me once the item actually ships!
Old 07-11-07, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
I went ahead and got Kingdom Of Heaven 4-Disc and Patton 2-Disc for $28.98 shipped. KOH was ok and I liked the cinematography, and I would imagine the Director's Cut will shed some light on a few characters which appeared to have been cut from the theatrical release.

I don't think the sale was entirely bad. But Amazon selected only a small fraction of their entire Director's Cuts and Special Editions to be included in this sale, which did limit my selection significantly.