Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Costco:Sergio Leone Anthology for $39.99 after $15 instant rebate

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Costco:Sergio Leone Anthology for $39.99 after $15 instant rebate

Old 07-02-07, 08:10 AM

Costco:Sergio Leone Anthology for $39.99 after $15 instant Savings

I posted this in another thread but I think this may be worthy of its own thread.

Last edited by schbee; 07-02-07 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-02-07, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Smokin' price - although rebates suck! Ten bones per film! (plus stamps, photocopying a receipt, and tax on $55)
Old 07-02-07, 09:10 AM

But its an instant rebate, right? I might have to swing by before work today.

I agree, though. Mail-in rebates do suck, particularly if you have to cut up the dvd case.
Old 07-02-07, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If it's instant there's no stamps, copies, extra tax or cutting involved...
Old 07-02-07, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, instant rebate. My bad. Isn't really a rebate though - more like instant savings.
Old 07-02-07, 09:55 AM

Rebate or savings - I think the word "instant" pretty much says it all.

Great price! Thanks, OP!
Old 07-02-07, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the price. A quick rant: my one complaint about my Costco is that they never seem to display the instant rebates of their DVDs in-store. I looked at this set the other day and there was no indication that there was any sale on this.

Things I'm interested in like Band of Brothers for $49.99 or The Simpsons Season 7 for $22.99 (both of which I would buy for a few dollars cheaper), I will never know if they are on sale unless someone like the OP lists them on a site like this.

Thanks again.

Last edited by cornyt; 07-02-07 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-02-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

cornyt: Check your (snail)mailbox!

There is a $20 off coupon for BoB (along with Deadwood S1-3 and The Sopranos S4-6.1) in the latest Costco coupon book. Coupon valid 7/16-8/5/2007.
Old 07-02-07, 04:18 PM
Banned

Thanks to the OP. I was waiting to see if they were lowering the price since there were too many stocked at my local Costcos.
Old 07-02-07, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by RevKarl
cornyt: Check your (snail)mailbox!

There is a $20 off coupon for BoB (along with Deadwood S1-3 and The Sopranos S4-6.1) in the latest Costco coupon book. Coupon valid 7/16-8/5/2007.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-02-07, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wtf? my costco (louisville, CO) didn't have any...

more likely that they're gone, or haven't been there yet? I did see some Sabata Trilogy stuff.

hoping to score on this deal. thanks, op.
Old 07-02-07, 08:49 PM

Thanks for the tip! I wasn't going to get this, but at $40 I couldn't resist. As usual, no sign with the price reduction in the DVD section, but it got taken off at the register. You gotta be psychic to shop at Costco!
Old 07-02-07, 10:20 PM

Yeah, thanks OP! I pulled the trigger on the Leone set before work.

It's too bad that the awesome Costco thread that was a regular feature here in Bargains went away. That saved me (ha, ha) lots of money. I wonder how they got their info for the postings since Costco NEVER posts any info in the store.
Old 07-03-07, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The set is $41.99 at Costco in Bend, OR., and the instant savings is clearly displayed as well.

Last edited by tofferman; 07-03-07 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-03-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Deleted

Last edited by Manzana; 09-09-07 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-03-07, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by ChrisP
Yeah, thanks OP! I pulled the trigger on the Leone set before work.

It's too bad that the awesome Costco thread that was a regular feature here in Bargains went away. That saved me (ha, ha) lots of money. I wonder how they got their info for the postings since Costco NEVER posts any info in the store.

I believe that Blade may have been a part-time Costco worker.
Old 07-03-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have to second cornyt's rant. My Costco also never posts any signs about these discounts. I really don't understand the philosophy behind this. A lower price will encourage more people to buy the DVDs, and they don't want that? People should only find out they're paying less than they expected when they're at the register? If they're going to lower the price, why not actually tell people?
Old 07-03-07, 12:45 PM

Poop. I stuck in the 2nd disc of FISTFUL, watched the 1977 TV prologue, and 4 minutes in it starts freezing and pixilatin' like crazy. Disc has a cloudy spot near the edge that won't buff out. Called Costco and they put another set back for me when I return on Thursday. Nice folks...
Old 07-06-07, 12:53 AM

Does anyone know how long the Sergio Leone Anthology is supposed to be on sale for $39.99 at Costco?

Are most people finding it for $41.99 or $39.99 after instant discount?

Finally, besides the packaging itself, is it correct that the only difference between purchasing all 4 2-DVD SEs by themselves vs. the Sergio Leone Anthology is that TGTBTU in the Anthology is missing some lobby cards and paper inserts?
Old 07-11-07, 11:44 PM

I guess this Sergio Leone Anthology $39.99 deal is over. 6 days ago I asked when this sale ended and got no responses, so I finally had to go there. I took the set to the front where they checked and said it was $56.99 with no instant coupons. Also, they didn't have any of the Searchers/Rio Bravo Ultimate sets supposedly for $29.99. Surprise surprise.

This is consistent with my past Costco experiences where Costco doesn't advertise sales, often doesn't list them in the store, often doesn't have the items in stock when they are on sale, and won't tell you when the sale ends (each time I call membership at the store they tell me they are too busy to help with stuff like whether something is in stock or on sale so I need to come in). So I come in and as usual leave nearly empty-handed (except for some batteries), and it reaffirmed my decision to start a Sam's Club membership (not that they are much better) and to let my Costco membership expire soon. Just my opinions.
Old 07-12-07, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
I guess this Sergio Leone Anthology $39.99 deal is over. 6 days ago I asked when this sale ended and got no responses, so I finally had to go there. I took the set to the front where they checked and said it was $56.99 with no instant coupons. Also, they didn't have any of the Searchers/Rio Bravo Ultimate sets supposedly for $29.99. Surprise surprise.

This is consistent with my past Costco experiences where Costco doesn't advertise sales, often doesn't list them in the store, often doesn't have the items in stock when they are on sale, and won't tell you when the sale ends (each time I call membership at the store they tell me they are too busy to help with stuff like whether something is in stock or on sale so I need to come in). So I come in and as usual leave nearly empty-handed (except for some batteries), and it reaffirmed my decision to start a Sam's Club membership (not that they are much better) and to let my Costco membership expire soon. Just my opinions.
I bought one on 7/10 and the rebate was posted and active (Nashua, NH). Next time I'm there, I'll check if it's still posted and shows an expiration. Maybe, since your store does the "overpricing" ($56.99 instead of $54.99), the rebate isn't applying for some reason.
Old 07-12-07, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I believe based on previous posts you actually have to purchase an item at Costco for the instant discount to come up. Scanning an item to check the price will not show the instant discount.
Old 07-13-07, 10:36 PM

As of Friday night 7/13, this deal is still on. I just bought mine at the West Lake Village Costco.

Just let them ring it up. If you don't get the $15 off, have them take off the purchase. No big deal.

Thanks OP!!