DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

cdconnection.com July sale

Old 07-01-07, 12:30 PM

cdconnection.com July sale

Looks like some fairly decent prices. I compared a few titles from my wish list to other etailers, the sale prices beat them all, including DDD. Runs through the month of July.

http://www.cdconnection.com/html/sale1&s=0
Old 07-01-07, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Never heard of em personally, but even with the prices a dollar or so cheaper for some titles, you instantly lose anything with the shipping charges.
Old 07-01-07, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pilot
Never heard of em personally, but even with the prices a dollar or so cheaper for some titles, you instantly lose anything with the shipping charges.
Ditto that.
Old 07-01-07, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

FWIW, I seem to recall that cdconnection.com was the first web-site selling CDs (or really anything) on the web (versus a few pre-web stores that were really low volume). I seem to remember the company going through a lot of different hands during the dotcom and dotbomb years too. A google groups search shows people talking about it at least as far back as 1994.
Old 07-02-07, 01:47 PM

Hmm, forgot about those shipping charges. It does kind of negate the savings.

Anyway, as far as reputability, I've been ordering CDs from them for years. Never had a problem. Good prices, and they accept PayPal.
Old 07-02-07, 03:11 PM

In Ohio we have a bunch of B&M stores of Cdconnection. Don't know though if they are affiliated with the site. been a while since I've been to one of their stores. If they are affiliated and the sale is at the stores too, would make for some nicely priced dvd's.
Old 07-02-07, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Am I missing something, because the prices don't seem that low on the few titles I checked, DD seems cheaper already w/o factoring in shipping.
Old 07-03-07, 08:12 AM

The only thing I'm finding with CDConnection is that they appear to have a few OOP titles 'in stock' (well - the one's that I've been looking for).

With regards to their shipping prices - its a bit of a 'gamble' (even for me looking at shipping to Australia !!). Their shipping prices appear to be based on 'weight' of the DVD = there's no real logically reasoning behind 'increases' when you add more items to the basket (for example - the T2 Extreme Pack added something like $4 to my shipping costs - and a single DVD may add $1.60. Maybe someone else could explain who it works !!!!!)
Old 07-03-07, 10:12 AM

They have a pretty good selection of CDs. Thanks for pointing out this site.