Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

*****NEW $5 Wal-Mart DISPLAY*****

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

*****NEW $5 Wal-Mart DISPLAY*****

Old 07-21-07, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just gonna drop a line and say that my local walmart in lexington ky has like 5 of em. i know there was a bloke a couple of pages back from KY as well, so I hope he sees this.
Old 07-21-07, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know if there's going to be more titles or a display anyime soon? Thanks.
Old 07-21-07, 12:19 PM

The Wal-Mart in East Meadow , NY had at least 10-15 EFNY's in stock last night. It also looked like they just got in a shipment as the display was overflowing.
Old 07-21-07, 01:40 PM

Seems like mostly all the stores are starting to get a lot of copies of EFNY 2 disc.
Old 07-21-07, 02:03 PM

Finally found a copy of EFNY:2 Disc in the bin, only had two copies so picked one up. Also picked up Agent Cody Banks 2 from the bin.
Old 07-21-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 346 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by ThaGoddfather
I'm pretty sure 'Vampires' is widescreen.
Trust me, if it was WS I wouldn't have returned it. I didn't realize a fullscreen only version existed either until attempting to add it to DVD Profiler and noticing the face on the cover differed slightly from the preview pic posted ...it was in the upper left hand corner instead of directly in the center like the regular cover. Then I looked on the back and confirmed it. Must be one of those infamous FS only editions exclusively found at Wal-Mart.

Thanks for the tip on Sideways, BTW.

Last edited by Chad; 07-21-07 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-21-07, 03:03 PM

I didn't know that. Yeah no prob.
Old 07-22-07, 11:49 PM

Thanks for sharing this information regarding the Wal-Mart dumpbins. It's been very helpful. I had not yet noticed the 2 disc set for Escape From New York. After some digging I found a copy.

Funny thing about the dumpbin. I used to work for Wal-Mart. Management required that we keep it disorganized. I don't know if every WM follows this rule or not. I'm guessing the mess must bring out the treasure hunter in most people resulting in higher sales, I don't know. I think it would be so much easier if they were all spined so you could quickly make your way through it but oh well, at least they're only 5 bucks. I'm willing to dig.

Something you may find helpful. I'm sure most of you have noticed a WM associate with a scanning gun at some point. It's primarily used to scan the UPC barcode on a price label or product for inventory and location information. It is possible to just type in a UPC as well. You can probably see where I'm going with this. Let's say you want to know if your WM has any copies of a particular DVD so you don't have to spend all day digging the DB. Just look up the UPC code on the internet, drop the first and last number then give it to the electronics associate ( hopefully a knowledgeable one that won't be confused by this ) so they can look it up.

Not as widely know is another great function called "item locator". That same UPC code can be typed in and not only will it tell how many is in their inventory it can be taken a step farther and can look into the inventory of every WM store in a radius of up to 150 miles.

Keep in mind that the lower the number shown in inventory the more likely it is that they may not have it at all. Especially DVD's, CD's and TV's. DVD's get scattered all over the store. They might actually have the 3 they say they have it's just that maybe one may be sitting on top of a bag of cat food in pets, one might be in someone's shopping cart and they haven't checked out yet, one might be in a returns bin at customer service or just as likely, that last one might have been stolen and it's empty case has been stuffed into some nook or cranny where it might take a day or two to discover.

I hope all this helps. Thanks again and thanks for reading.
Old 07-22-07, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MoistureFarmer
Funny thing about the dumpbin. I used to work for Wal-Mart. Management required that we keep it disorganized. I don't know if every WM follows this rule or not.
Hell no! I alphabetized mine when I worked at one. I kid you not. We had it on a pallet of 8 bookshelves, and I developed a system for doing two layers of all titles (the shelves were deep) spined out and in alphabetical order, with separation for things like the wubbulous world of doctor seuss.

Yes, I am a little insane with my organization sometimes...

Alas, they gave up on it a few months after I left the store.

But, I have around zero regrets about leaving the store, so no big deal.
Old 07-23-07, 10:28 AM
BJ

Originally Posted by Chad
Has anyone been successful in finding W-I-D-E-S-C-R-E-E-N copies of Sideways and John Carpenter's Vampires?
I found a JCV...finally. So yes, they do exist.
Old 07-23-07, 11:06 AM

You won't find any WS Sideways
Old 07-23-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
Hell no! I alphabetized mine when I worked at one. I kid you not. We had it on a pallet of 8 bookshelves, and I developed a system for doing two layers of all titles (the shelves were deep) spined out and in alphabetical order, with separation for things like the wubbulous world of doctor seuss.

Yes, I am a little insane with my organization sometimes...

Alas, they gave up on it a few months after I left the store.

But, I have around zero regrets about leaving the store, so no big deal.
Well, when I FINALLY found the 2-disc EFNY, it was in a Wal-Mart in a nice part of Omaha (west side) and there were probably 8 of them there... and wouldn't you know it, everything was perfectly stacked and layered inside that bin. The first time I had ever seen some sense of order to one of the $5 DVD bins.
Old 07-23-07, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Saw EFNY at Murfreesboro, TN WM. I already have it.
Old 07-23-07, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You won't find any WS Sideways
My Target had several WS Sideways for 4.88 on Sunday. I think the sale runs until Saturday of this week.
Old 07-23-07, 05:45 PM

Has anyone seen any of the $7.50 Transformer ball-bundled display titles in the $5 bin yet? I know they tend to throw the former $4.88 display titles into the bins at times so I'm hoping they do the same with those $7.50 ones.
Old 07-24-07, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by ernestrp
My Target had several WS Sideways for 4.88 on Sunday. I think the sale runs until Saturday of this week.
This is for Wal-Mart. I know Target had it WS for $4.88, I started a thread about it.
Old 07-24-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Dane Marvin
and wouldn't you know it, everything was perfectly stacked and layered inside that bin. The first time I had ever seen some sense of order to one of the $5 DVD bins.
In WA they've started using this little display case shelf thing instead of the bin so none of the titles get all beat up and it's wonderful, mainly cause Wal-Mart is lazy so basically they just stick the titles on straight out of the box and it takes about five minutes to see everything they've got on there since all of the same title are right next to each other.
Old 07-24-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
At the Glenwood Ave. store in Raleigh, NC they moved the dump bin to the front of the store and have it neatly stacked. Near the electronics they have a smaller display with one side showing about 25 movies from the bin. The one on New Bern Ave. is still a giant mess. Both have the EFNY and Running Man 2 discs though.
Old 07-26-07, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Seems like mostly all the stores are starting to get a lot of copies of EFNY 2 disc.
Just found one this morning. Didn't see any more.
Old 07-28-07, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I hate going to my local WalMart, but I had to stop in earlier for a flashlight and a can opener, so I swung by the $5.00 bin.

I didn't stay long, but I did manage to find a Running Man SE, although there is no indication anywhere on the case that it's anamorphic. It does have DTS-ES 6.1, so I'd be shocked if it wasn't.

I didn't see any EFNY SEs, but (sadly) I already have one I paid a bundle for a while back from half.com. Where are these coming from??? How are so many copies of a somewhat sough-after OOP title showing up in WalMart's dump bin. This is really strange to me.

I also didn't see any From Hell 2-discers which I very much want.
Old 07-29-07, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 153 Likes on 131 Posts
Checked once again and although some titles have been added (Club Dread, Escape from LA) but still no EFNY...
Old 07-29-07, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anbody who didn't get the EFNY might try again. I went to one wal-mart and got the last one. Went back two days later and it looked like the DVD's had been gutted.

Went grocery shopping there about a week and a half later and it looked like it had been restocked with 2 EFNY ... so don't give up...
Old 07-29-07, 05:48 PM

Any new displays??
Old 07-29-07, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have like 12 EFNYs at a local wally. it's bizarre. If anyone's desperate...I've never really REALLY shipped much of anything before, but if you just absolutely need it...
Old 07-29-07, 07:37 PM

I made the mistake of not paying enough attention, and picking up the single disc edition of EENY in the $5 bin. At least I think that's the case... I haven't opened it yet, so I can return it if need be. Does the 2-disc version specifically say so on the cover?

Anyways, plenty copies of the version I picked up at WM, but apparently no two disc'ers.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.