Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best price for Farscape volumes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-07, 09:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Region 4 full Farscape set?

Don't know if there would be any interest for this but if you can handle multi-region, the Australian DVD site, EzyDVD, are doing Farscape seasons 1 to 4 and Peacekeeper Wars in a snazzy backpack.

Price would be around $180 including shipping. Out of stock at the mo' but they get them in every now and again.

EzyDVD Farscape Set
Old 07-01-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by starman9000
They are still way overpriced as starbursts, but that is crazy. (and you didn't even get all the extras right?)
That is correct
Old 07-01-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MichelleLee
It hasn't been officially announced yet, but Sony has taken over Farscape's season 1 DVD rights, with the other seasons presumably to follow. That's why ADV are no longer offering season 1 in any form and seem to be trying to clear the rest of their season 2, 3, and 4 stock (Starbursts at $12 and original volumes for $9). The only store still carrying season 1 Starbursts in stock is Exyte, but only when you buy the whole series ($290 USD, free shipping to the U.S. and Canada). Even on eBay, any season 1 Starbursts that come up go for over $100 for the season.

I'm assuming Sony will eventually re-issue the whole series, or at least season 1, but it may take a while. There's a letter campaign to encourage them here. Apparently even NetFlix doesn't have season 1 anymore, so maybe if there's enough demand they'll hurry up.
Interesting... if Sony is taking over the Farscape release, I guess I am glad I got the ADV Starburst sets. Perhaps the Sony ones will be better, or cheaper, but I sure am pleased with the current four disc sets in terms of PQ, AQ and extras.

I suppose that if Sony has the rights to Farscape, it might eventually get released on Blu-ray Disc. But I won't hold my breath until that happens!
Old 07-01-07, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IamHydrogen1
I've been waiting for something like 4 months for my replacement set.
I sent in all 6 starbursts from S1 and S2 - took about 2 months for me. I think i sent a second email later asking what was the holdup.
Old 07-01-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pookymeister
I sent in all 6 starbursts from S1 and S2 - took about 2 months for me. I think i sent a second email later asking what was the holdup.
Yeah, my replacement came like the day after I sent a follow up email. I'm sure it was a coincidence, but it was funny.
Old 07-01-07, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I picked up season 1 as the 11 individual cases, season 2 as 5 2-packs (before starburst). I stopped buying them at that point to wait and see how they would package them better.

Looks like I better pick up season 3&4 before too much longer. I wonder if I should wait and hope they are still available for the next DD sale or get them from ADV...
Old 07-01-07, 11:10 PM

2.2 is $9.99 on the BestBuy instore kiosk. The total for me was around $12 w/shipping+tax.