Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Circuit City Prices: July 8 - July 14, 2007

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Circuit City Prices: July 8 - July 14, 2007

Old 07-05-07, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Speedy - I heard that CC will have the PS3 on sale for 499.00 in the coming weeks. Have you seen or heard anything about this? Thanks!!!
Actually I have.

It's listed in the new CC ad (7/15 - 7/22/07) I'm working on at that price point.

Couple that with the fact that you can get 5 new Blu-Ray DVDs for free makes for a tremendous deal.

Here's the intel on the 5 Blu_Ray freebies:

Details on How To score 5 Blu-Ray Movies If You're Buying a PS3 Game System:

Hey speedy1961, I think it might be worth highlighting that with any PS3 60gb system purchase (or any blu-ray player for that matter), 5 FREE blu-ray disc movies from select categories will be offered thru the mail via a rebate promotion (receipt dated between July 1st until Sept.30th).

http://www.uwants.com/attachments/da...KlYCq8WthG.jpg

Official website : http://www.bluraysavings.com/

Here's the list of titles (select 1 per category):

Category 1
- The Guardian
- Pearl Harbor
- Invincible
- Chicken Little

Category 2
- Corpse bride
- Phantom of the opera
- Blazing Saddles

Category 3
- Stealth
- Resident Evil 2
- Underworld Evolution
- Stir of Echoes

Category 4
- The Italian Job
- Black Rain
- Babel
- Devil's Rejects

Category 5
- Kiss of the Dragon
- Omen 666
- The Transporter 2
- Species
- Hart's War
- The Last Waltz

Last edited by speedy1961; 07-05-07 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-05-07, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedy1961
Actually I have.

It's listed in the new CC ad (7/15 - 7/22/07) I'm working on at that price point.
Hi speedy, i am looking to buy ps3 over the summer. so should i hold out till the 15th? i'm just worried that if i hold out ill miss the free controller deal(which i could see on there website 2 weeks ago, cant see it now) and still have to pay 599 for it! appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks in advance!

oh and also the link for uwants.com.... doesn't work anymore. it was working last night. I'd have my doubts about it! the bluraysavings website works but the picture quality of the ad is terible! you cant read it!

Last edited by witnessmenow; 07-05-07 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-05-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by witnessmenow
Hi speedy, i am looking to buy ps3 over the summer. so should i hold out till the 15th? i'm just worried that if i hold out ill miss the free controller deal(which i could see on there website 2 weeks ago, cant see it now) and still have to pay 599 for it! appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks in advance!

oh and also the link for uwants.com.... doesn't work anymore. it was working last night. I'd have my doubts about it! the bluraysavings website works but the picture quality of the ad is terrible! you cant read it!

OK..... I fixed the uwants link.

The free controller deal is at Circuit City 7/8 - 7/15/07.

The key to getting the correct form at the blu-ray savings link to to click on the embedded link underneath the order form.

Click on the words: To Print Order Form Click Here

That will open up a legible order form. (It works.... I promise )

So if you buy the PS3 this upcoming week, will Circuit City give a $100 price adjustment the following week?

Well... they should.

But here's where it get's sticky with them:

Price Protection & Unbeatable Price Guarantee

If within 30 days from the date of our offer, you show us a lower, currently advertised price from another local store with the same item in stock, we will gladly refund 110% of the difference between our price and theirs.

Circuit City's Unbeatable Price Guarantee does not apply to services, nor does it apply to special offers or promotions, including rebates, mail-in offers, free-with-purchase offers, limited quantity offers, bundled promotions and special financing. Circuit City's Unbeatable Price Guarantee does not apply to products and services offered by third parties operating in Circuit City's stores.

You may have to call in advance and ask the following:

I want to buy this this week (PS3) to take advantage of the free controller offer but I'm hearing reports that the PS3 will have a price drop soon. If that happens within 30 days, will you refund me the price difference?

Last edited by speedy1961; 07-05-07 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-05-07, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by witnessmenow

Thanks in advance!

oh and also the link for uwants.com.... doesn't work anymore. it was working last night. I'd have my doubts about it! the bluraysavings website works but the picture quality of the ad is terible! you cant read it!
I would take the 100 dollar savings over the free controller offer any day. You have to figure that 100 dollars less plus the savings in tax = 108-110 dollars in savings. Plus the five free blu-rays (lucky!) you get make the deal almost too hard to pass up.
Old 07-06-07, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I would take the 100 dollar savings over the free controller offer any day. You have to figure that 100 dollars less plus the savings in tax = 108-110 dollars in savings. Plus the five free blu-rays (lucky!) you get make the deal almost too hard to pass up.

oh i agree ! ! makes sence to me! the thing i was woried about was if i wait and it ends up that the ps3 doesnt drop ! ill wait till next week when hopefully speedy will put up the next one confirming the price drop. Tax is not an issue , a freind of mine is getting it in delaware. Yeah that 5 blu rays thing does sweeting the deal alright!

which ones do you think i should get?
im thinking the italian job and blazing sadals anyways
any suggestions

thanks for the replies!
Old 07-06-07, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks, speedy. I'm thinking of hitting up the 2 For $12 deal, along with Weeds: SSN 1 for $12.99.
Old 07-06-07, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So from 7/8 - 7/14, you get a free PS3 controller with purchase of the system. Reportedly the "official" price drop of the PS3 will take place on 7/12. Anyone think that you can get the free controller after the $100 price break?
Old 07-08-07, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the Natalie Portman Collection are all in Widescreen? I know Predator in the Arnold set is fullscreen.
Old 07-08-07, 04:37 PM
Cool New Member

You don't have to purchase 2 DVDs listed under the 2 for $12 deal to get them for $6 each. I bought just one of them and it rang in at $6.
Old 07-08-07, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by stingermck
Can anyone confirm if the Natalie Portman Collection are all in Widescreen? I know Predator in the Arnold set is fullscreen.

Ooooh... If only you asked this earlier. I was just there and looked at that set.
Old 07-09-07, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck

I checked it out and it the back of the box says that all of the movies are in Widescreen.
Old 07-09-07, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by eatntae
So from 7/8 - 7/14, you get a free PS3 controller with purchase of the system. Reportedly the "official" price drop of the PS3 will take place on 7/12. Anyone think that you can get the free controller after the $100 price break?
I just got this deal. They were up to date with their information, too, unlike BB who didn't even know about the price drop until now.
Old 07-09-07, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by typecase
I just got this deal. They were up to date with their information, too, unlike BB who didn't even know about the price drop until now.
Are you saying CC now has the PS3 for $499, and you also got the free controller?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see its advertised on their website now.

Last edited by eatntae; 07-09-07 at 01:37 PM.