DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   request? 4$ Off Coupon for Fantastic Four EE (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/503938-request-4%24-off-coupon-fantastic-four-ee.html)

davethomasowns 06-18-07 12:11 PM

request? 4$ Off Coupon for Fantastic Four EE

Not sure if this is even allowed, so if not, please delete and I apologize. But I was wondering if anybody could scan the "4$ Off the new Fantastic Four" dvd coupon. It came with the Home Theater Demo disc which containted the infamous 10$ off Fox coupon.

The reason I ask is that potentially we could get the extended edition dvd with movie cash for $6, seeming how Best Buy has it listed for $9.99 right now. So with that and the coupon, then the free movie cash, that would make a great deal!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1490739

EDIT---------
Here's the coupon:
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6...stifourtr0.jpg
------------

Thanks in advance,
Shane

thursdaynighter 06-18-07 12:37 PM

Wow, $10 with the movie cash?! Great deal.

ppawuk 06-18-07 12:50 PM

I can e-mail a large PDF to one of you if you can post it. I'm a newbie as far as posting files is concerned. Sorry.

davethomasowns 06-18-07 02:47 PM

You can email it to me and I'll post. [email protected]

Thanks

danganet 06-18-07 07:05 PM

I posted in another thread:

While walking around the tv section looking at the sweet plasmas I notice stacks and stacks of "Fox Best Buy Exclusive Home Theater Demo Disc", I picked up one, shook it, something was shuffing around in it. I walked up to the checkstand and I asked, "Do I need a receipt?" He scanned it, came up not in system. So I walked out with it.

Once Outside I opened it and it had 5 coupons:

$2 off Borat
$3 off Night At The Museum
$5 off one of four Fox Blu-Ray discs
$10 off Fox tv
and

$4 off Fantastic Four EE

All expire 8/31

davethomasowns 06-18-07 07:27 PM

Yeah, I read that is was the disk that contained the coups. I simply made this thread to talk about the possible $6 price of FF EE if stacked. Any possibility you could scan the Fantastic Four coupon and post for us?

Thank you,
Shane

ppawuk 06-18-07 07:48 PM

It's on the way to you davethomasowns.

davethomasowns 06-18-07 08:02 PM

Thanks ppawuk!

Here is the $4 off coupon:
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6...stifourtr0.jpg

So the coupon stacked with Best Buy's price of $9.99 gives us Fantastic Four Extended Edition plus movie cash for FF Rise, for $5.99.

Great deal! I love bestbuy these last few weeks!

Shane

hellmutt 06-18-07 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by ppawuk
It's on the way to you davethomasowns.

Thanks to both of you from me, too!

kenbenobi 06-18-07 08:50 PM

Sweet. You guys rock! Now I just gotta find this sucker in stock...

davethomasowns 06-18-07 09:12 PM

Went to my local BB tonight and unfortunately it is out of stock. For those of you who can't find it in stock, you can however have it rainchecked. It creates it for the $9.99 price. The coupon is good through August, so if you can't find it in stock, definitly raincheck it incase the $9.99 is indeed a mistake. BTW, I'm pretty sure the stores will get more in stock this week. Mine has 19 coming on Wed.

Thanks,
Shane

davron 06-18-07 10:11 PM

The Free Movie ticket will not work @ AMC movie theaters.

davethomasowns 06-18-07 11:11 PM

Although moviecash always says it will not work at AMC, I have never had a problem using it at several different AMC theaters. All of the previous tickets, 300 and Final Destination 3 for example, excluded AMC but yet they still took them for me!

Shane

Manzana 06-19-07 12:06 AM

Deleted

Manzana 06-19-07 12:11 AM

Deleted

Jtnguyen12 06-19-07 12:56 AM

my local BB no longer take photocopies coupon :(

davethomasowns 06-19-07 08:46 AM

Yeah the photocopy situation is still up to discretion of the store, but this coupon's UPC should work now and prompt the discount on it's own, making it easier than them using it as a Manufacturer Coupon or getting an override.

Thanks
Shane

kenbenobi 06-19-07 11:11 AM

Thanks, davethomasowns and ppawuk. I was successful in buying one for $5.99. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me buy two. They took the 2nd one away, and it was the last copy they had. So my friend may be screwed, but at least I got my bargain! :D2:

FYI, the cashier thought it was the coupon from last week, and called a manager, saying she didn't think they could take it. But he came over and said it was a different coupon, so she could go ahead with one copy. But I do bet this coupon won't last the week. Maybe 2 more days, I'm guessing... He took the coupon away, and I bet he's gonna phone in about it...

davethomasowns 06-19-07 11:44 AM

Hopefully the coupon will last. I am sure it will make a lot less of an impact than the Fox coupon did, seeming how this is only for one particular title compared to hundreds. Also a lot more people knew about the Fox coupon.

Good luck to all,
Shane

Snowmaker 06-19-07 11:50 AM

Wish I has seen this coupon before I bought it. :(

I'll try for another one after work.

ppawuk 06-19-07 01:02 PM

The coupon worked perfectly for me in Parma, OH. I had two copies of the coupon and the DVD (one for me and one for my brother). Grand total $12.88 for two. They had about six copies in stock today when yesterday they only had one, so they are getting more in every day.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Snowmaker 06-19-07 05:37 PM

Worked for me on the way home. $6.35 out the door.

Now I just need to take back the earlier one I paid $9.99 for and also the one my wife got me the week of release for my birthday Friday.

Thanks OP!

SterlingBen 06-19-07 05:48 PM

I'm breaking my no Best Buy rule and trying th photocopy today

Peep 06-19-07 05:59 PM

Thanks, OP! The DVD rang up at $9.99 and they scanned the coupon with no problem. The total ended up ringing up as $6.48 and, since I had a $5 gift card, it really only cost me $6.48!

DVDgoil 06-19-07 06:09 PM

Coupon worked great for me at lunch...$5.99! The woman at the register did look at the copy a little longer than I would have liked.

I also got a price adjustment for X-Men 5.1 steelbook while I was there.

Thanks OP!