Requested- Best Buy coupon $10 off any Fox TV on DVD

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Requested- Best Buy coupon $10 off any Fox TV on DVD

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-07, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I scored The Simpsons Season 9 for $4.99 after this coupon and a Reward Zone certificate. Combined with some old gift cards, I ended up paying nothing.

My cashier called over a manager to manually apply the discount. The looked at the paper really quickly, said, "Oh, yep," typed in a number and I was good to go.

Thanks, DVDTalk!
Old 06-14-07, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 741 Likes on 543 Posts
Only snag I got was one cashier looked at it carefully and said, "one per household." So she only let me use one coupon. But it's ok. I made a nuber of trips to surrounding Best Buys and I still ended up getting the complete Shield series for $50. Thanks!
Old 06-14-07, 05:03 PM

Coupon worked for me here in Fresno. They had the sign up that the coupon from the internet wouldn't work this week with the sale. Still wanted to give it a shot, so I walked up with The Rolling Stones dvd set, 24 seasons 3-5, and Firefly. I got a casher that was training someone, so they rang up the Stones set with the first 24 set, then told me that the rest had to be rang up one by one. So he rang the coupon up and it didn't work so he hit the F7 button to override it. So he starts to ring my other sets up and this woman starts to get mad that it's taken so long with me and no other cashers are open, the manager walks by and she gets him to come over and wants to know why the casher is taken so long. He tells her that he's training someone, but see's the damn coupon, and I think the gig is up. He comes over and asks how many of the sets has he rang up with the coupon and he tells him three that he has one more set to go, but also tells him whats up that the coupon won't ring. Manager tells him that the coupon isn't supost to work and isn't supost to be vailted blah blah blah, stop taken the coupon, but to ring me up for my last set since he's rang me up for the rest of them. So I paid and made a mad dash out of the store as fast as I could.
Old 06-14-07, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I guess I won't bother going back tonight for more. It sounds like I might get away with scoring 1 more set, but probably not more than that. I got 9 total (2 the first day, then 3, then 4), so I can't complain. Although I wish I had more balls to try for a bunch at once like some people did. I never tried more than one in the same transaction...
Old 06-14-07, 05:33 PM

It didn't work at my nearest Best Buy today either (Greenwood IN). I was attempting to get Angel Season 2 & 3 (already have 1). I got in one line, the only one that was open. But then the supervisor opened the next register and waved me over. He took one very brief look at it and already knew it wasn't good on their sales prices this week. So I left with just Angel Season 2 for $20..

Ah well. I may consider keeping the coupons and using them next month instead. $22.99 still ain't that bad for a season. *shrug*
Old 06-14-07, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Was going to try at Council Bluffs, IA store but they had a generic sign somebody typed up and printed off basically stating they were wise to this whole charade. It said they will not honor any other coupons with the Fox TV DVD deal if the coupon states that the offer is not valid with any other sales or coupons. So I didn't even want to bother with it.

Still picked up Big: EE and Porky's SE for $19.98 and got the free $5 GC with it...
(and also Fant 4: EE with movie cash).
Old 06-14-07, 05:45 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 681 Likes on 457 Posts
Went to three different BBs today, and the deal is all but dead here. Two of the stores had the signs up, one of them telling me that they won't take printed coupons. The third store (I drove there looking for a specific DVD, not for this deal), didn't have the sign up so I tried using it.

The coupons scanned, but did not take the $10 off, but the cashier rung them in as manufacturer coupons and I picked up a couple Simpsons seasons to complete my set and a blind buy on Wonderfalls.
Old 06-14-07, 05:57 PM

Overall, I think this has been a fun week for us dvd hunters!
Many thanks to the poster who share this info initially!!!!!!
Old 06-14-07, 06:22 PM

Deal now dead in Chula Vista, San Diego(Mira Mesa) and San Diego(Mission Valley). I think the problem came when the cashiers had their drawers counted out at the end of the night and saw stacks of coupons, most of them obvious copies. As soon as I saw the cheeky Filipino family having each of their 6 kids using one coupon each, I knew the end was near. Was fun while is lasted.

Final outcome:

X-Filess S1(BB-blind buy)
Arrested Development S1
American Dad S1-2(BB)
Family Guy Vol 1,2,4(BB)
Prison Break(BB)
Old 06-14-07, 06:55 PM

scored again today. all 5 seasons of 24 for under $50 dollars.
final tally 5 seasons of 24 and 9 seasons of x-files total $140 dollars.
Old 06-14-07, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pmoney316
There's still a 10% coupon out there, it's not a great deal, but you get a few dollars off. And I'm sure, some cashiers haven't figured it out, and get nervous against the customer, so they'll just discount it.
Yep, this coupon still worked. Got a couple more sets for $18 each
Old 06-14-07, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Denied.

Best Buy - San Bernardino, CA.
Old 06-14-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dead in Southern Maryland.
Old 06-14-07, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll head to Circuitcity this week & get CC pricematch with BB deal... then combine with $15 off coupon. Hope i can get 7 box set under $110
Old 06-14-07, 08:36 PM

Dead deal or not, some of these sets pricematched at CC are still a great price. I reckon I'll be making a trip to CC this weekend for some of the sets I missed.
Old 06-14-07, 08:43 PM

I tried to use the coupon on the Shield season 5 today and it came up as no discount on the screen. Cashier told me the coupon wasn't valid on that item. Line was crowded so I didn't even bother asking for a manager. $19.99 for season 5 is still a pretty good deal to me.
Old 06-14-07, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Dizzarn, I should have jumped on this earlier. I think I was one of the first people to view this thread too, since there were not any replies when I first saved the coupon image. Anyway, good to see so many got in on this rather amazing deal. Thanks for passing along the coupon and the info OP! What a great community we have here.
Old 06-14-07, 09:55 PM

Almost went back today but saw the posts and figured i should be satisfied with the bootie i have already acquired. A grand total of 15 boxsets. 162.15. Epic bargain, big smile on my face.
Old 06-14-07, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dylonius
Almost went back today but saw the posts and figured i should be satisfied with the bootie i have already acquired. A grand total of 15 boxsets. 162.15. Epic bargain, big smile on my face.
Damn! I think that's the record for this thread.
Old 06-14-07, 10:35 PM

Fairfax, VA and Bailey's Crossroads, VA - DENIED
Old 06-14-07, 10:39 PM

Lol my procrastination killed my chance of getting this deal, to think I looked at this thread when there was no replys and still did not take advantage of it. It's probably a good thing since Im broke but damn x-files and 24 would of been nice to have.
Old 06-14-07, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Signs, schmigns!

My local BB had the signs up, but I got the deal anyway. Cashier had to have a manager approve it, but it was no problem. Will try again at another store tomorrow to get the rest of what I want if it's in stock. Thanks OP.
Old 06-14-07, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Damn! I think that's the record for this thread.
No, someone posted earlier in this thread stating that he or she bought I believe 38 box sets.
Old 06-14-07, 11:48 PM

On my way home from work earlier today I swung by Best Buy and blind bought Firefly(list price 40.99) for $4.43 after the discount to 19.99 + $10 off coupon + 10% off Father's day weekend coupon + the $5 Gift card from Big:EE and Revenge of the Nerds earlier in the week!
I was amazed they applied everything but the trainer and the trainee on the register just worked though entering each one while I stood there with my poker face on getting one hell of a deal.
Thanks OP!!!!!
Old 06-14-07, 11:49 PM

I went back to my Best Buy (Sarasota, FL) twice today (morning and evening). Got 2 X-Files season sets both times.

So far every time I've gone the cashiers successfully applied the $10 coupon a different way. First time it scanned and worked (bought Prison Break S1 as test run). Second time scanned the coupon and didn't work, so cashier used the 'manufacturers coupon' price override thingy (had two coupons for S1 & 2 of X-Files). Last time I went cashier called manager over to do a price over-ride (had 2 coupons for S3 &4 of X-Files), but was told by the manager I could only use 1 coupon at a time (I didn't care much, $30 for 2 seasons is still a good deal)

Tomorrow I go to work at the B&N two stores down from BB. I will take a bunch of coupons and run next door before and after work and during my 3 breaks. Should have all 9 seasons by the end of the day.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.