Requested- Best Buy coupon $10 off any Fox TV on DVD

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Requested- Best Buy coupon $10 off any Fox TV on DVD

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-07, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Much thanks to the original poster. This is one of the best deals I've stumbled across online in a long, long time. I was able to pick up seasons 2-5 of The Shield at my local Best Buy. The guy didn't question the coupons at all. Infact, he acted like he'd seen them before. I printed out four of the coupons and all scanned perfectly, and I was out the door with each season for $9.99. It's a great price to try a show you're curious about watching.
Old 06-14-07, 01:44 AM

just got back from a road trip to atlanta to see RUSH (but that is for another thread)... but on the way I stopped at 3 best buys! in nashville, I used a coupon a box set with no problem... then in chattanooga I used another with no problem... then in atlanta I used one with no problem, then took my purchase out to the car and went back in with another and went to a different cashier and got another with no problem! GREAT deal! might try more on thursday after I recover from the drive!
Old 06-14-07, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Question: Where did this coupon originate from? Was it a mailer to certain homes or was it an insert inside a FOX TV DVD?

Out of all those FOX sets, the only one I'm interested in is Tru Calling season 1. I may get House 1 and 2 if that 19.99 deal is available in So. Cal. (I'm puzzled why some are getting it marked down since it's a Universal set) I already have all seasons of The Shield and 24. Buying anything else beyond my favorite shows just because they are cheap will be frivilous spending.
Old 06-14-07, 04:57 AM

Man, it's a good thing I didn't jump the gun and order any TV boxsets from DD.
Old 06-14-07, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I picked up X Files Season 7 today. I just went for one today after picking up 8 sets the last two days. Should I even bother with the X Files Seasons 8 and 9? I heard that they weren't that great.
For $20 total? Yeah, I would...they arent great, but there are some decent standalone episodes, and its worth it just to have the entire series.
Old 06-14-07, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Question: Where did this coupon originate from? Was it a mailer to certain homes or was it an insert inside a FOX TV DVD?
It was in a Demo DVD for Best Buys Home Theatre Systems.
Old 06-14-07, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Do you think that Best Buy will do anything to previous buyers when they realize what is going on? How did you all pay for your sets? Did you use a Reward Zone card as well?
Old 06-14-07, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Do you think that Best Buy will do anything to previous buyers when they realize what is going on? How did you all pay for your sets? Did you use a Reward Zone card as well?
No.

Credit Card.

Yes.
Old 06-14-07, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
No chance in hell Best Buy would try to go back and charge you the difference.
Old 06-14-07, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by speedy1961
No.

Credit Card.

Yes.
Ditto.

Ditto.

Ditto.
Old 06-14-07, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess this is a good thread to share the ultimate Best Buy screw-up that I happened to be on the right end of the stick for (maybe the one time I've been lucky in my life).

My company started a program where if a location did exceedingly well for a quarter, the employees would receive a $500 Best Buy gift card. After an amazing quarter, my location did indeed get these cards. So I go to Best Buy and pick up a $400 digital camera as well as some DVD's and CD's to fill out the rest of the card. The guy rings my stuff up and its $512 bucks. He scans the card which says $500 on the cardboard holder it came in however it rings up as $1000! The guy said "I don't know why its coming up as $1000, but here." He hangs me another gift card for $488.

I checked with my company and it was indeed Best Buy's screw up. They were supposed to have 2 cards for $500, a total of $1000. Instead they put $1000 on both cards, one for me and one for my coworker.
Old 06-14-07, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Time to buy 50 fox box sets and really put the screw to them
Old 06-14-07, 09:11 AM

Tried to use just one last night. Came up perfect. Cashier didn't even question it.
Old 06-14-07, 09:30 AM

Picked up X-files season 2 and Millennium season 1 at the Timonium BB in Maryland. The cashier said they might not work since it says not good with other deals, but he would try it anyway. It went through and I got my dirt-cheap season sets! I'm thinking about going back for the rest of the X-files, but I don't think I'd watch them over and over enough to make it worth it, even for 10 bucks a pop.

edit: I should mention this was yesterday the 13th, not today.
Old 06-14-07, 10:12 AM

I was at the Timonium MD best buy yesterday and was debating what to get I wanted wonderfalls, point pleasant and dark angel season one and 2 but was to nervous to try using the coupon. ahh maybe ill try today
Old 06-14-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DarthMarino
I guess this is a good thread to share the ultimate Best Buy screw-up that I happened to be on the right end of the stick for (maybe the one time I've been lucky in my life).

My company started a program where if a location did exceedingly well for a quarter, the employees would receive a $500 Best Buy gift card. After an amazing quarter, my location did indeed get these cards. So I go to Best Buy and pick up a $400 digital camera as well as some DVD's and CD's to fill out the rest of the card. The guy rings my stuff up and its $512 bucks. He scans the card which says $500 on the cardboard holder it came in however it rings up as $1000! The guy said "I don't know why its coming up as $1000, but here." He hangs me another gift card for $488.

I checked with my company and it was indeed Best Buy's screw up. They were supposed to have 2 cards for $500, a total of $1000. Instead they put $1000 on both cards, one for me and one for my coworker.
Congrats! That's a nice bonus. I was expecting this to be a story on how you screwed over Best Buy, but it totally wasn't. You and your co-worker must be very pleased...
Old 06-14-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Congrats! That's a nice bonus. I was expecting this to be a story on how you screwed over Best Buy, but it totally wasn't. You and your co-worker must be very pleased...
Nah, I didn't screw Best Buy. They did that to themselves. I was just glad to take advantage of their costly mistake ($1000 between the two of us).
Old 06-14-07, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by bearkiss
just got back from a road trip to atlanta to see RUSH (but that is for another thread)... but on the way I stopped at 3 best buys! in nashville, I used a coupon a box set with no problem... then in chattanooga I used another with no problem... then in atlanta I used one with no problem, then took my purchase out to the car and went back in with another and went to a different cashier and got another with no problem! GREAT deal! might try more on thursday after I recover from the drive!
Which ATL store?
Old 06-14-07, 11:25 AM

worked for me last night in atlanta just north east of the city - right around the 285 loop - cobb parkway... went to 2 different check outs... both seemed friendly enough but somewhat oblivious to their surroundings (which worked out great for me!)... and at the time they had shield season 5 (which the nashville & chattanooga stores did not have!)
Old 06-14-07, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was about to get Tru Calling with the coupon just now, but talked myself out of getting it. With the wife losing her job, $10 makes a difference.

I saw the show when it was on and loved it, was mad when it was cancelled, but I don't think I need to own it. Almost then got X-Files S6, but I really want to stop at 5.
Old 06-14-07, 11:42 AM

well you can see how tired I am from the drive last night... as all in atlanta know - the cobb parkway store is north WEST of town near the 285 loop not north east - sorry!
Old 06-14-07, 12:04 PM

Avoid Reston, Va Best Buy!

Stopped by the Reston, VA Best Buy earlier today. Returned two slim-line X-Files reissues (picked up the Collector's version at a diff. location). The chick doing my return looked at my receipt funny. And then she went and spoke to another CSR for a second before returning and processing my refund ($20 cash). I went over to the FOX DVD section and saw that they had several memos taped up talking about the coupon and the Shield. I was going to try my luck anyway but noticed that the CSR who had handled my return was talking to a White Shirt and they were both looking right at me. Fuck it. I left. I'm going to try another location or two later on this evening but I would suggest AVOIDING RESTON BEST BUY!!

Last edited by RustyOrgan; 06-14-07 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-14-07, 12:05 PM

Went to the Warwick RI store last night after work:

I knew I wanted to grab 24 s3-5, American Dad s2, and X-Files s4, so I printed out 5 coupons on glossy stock and figured I'd give it a try.

I opened with "I have coupons for these, but I don't know if you'll need to do multiple or one will work on the whole transaction." The cashier studied the coupon for a minute and said, "Oh, it says 'Only One Per Household' so I can only take one."

With nothing to lose, I responded, "I'm actually staying with a friend right now, so I technically don't have a household. So, really, that doesn't apply to me."

He paused, considered it, and said, "You can use two of them."

I don't know how that added up to him, but that was fine with me. I grabbed American Dad and X-Files, and I'll try for the 24s at the Attleboro MA location tomorrow.
Old 06-14-07, 12:10 PM

Game over in Baton Rouge. In the FOX Section, there's now a sign saying the coupon cannot be combined with the 19.99 sale. (You can use either/or, but not both).

So my total damage this week stands as follows:
House MD II
Shield MD V
X-Files MD III
X-Files MD IV
X-Files MD V
X-Files MD IX (fat version)

Almost 100 hours of TV for $60? Thank you Best Buy. And Thank you OP!
Old 06-14-07, 12:11 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by Oakland
With nothing to lose, I responded, "I'm actually staying with a friend right now, so I technically don't have a household. So, really, that doesn't apply to me."
He paused, considered it, and said, "You can use two of them."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.