DeepDiscount.com 20% Off Sale June 1 - June 17th Part II

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DeepDiscount.com 20% Off Sale June 1 - June 17th Part II

Old 06-04-07, 04:27 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmikester1
Originally Posted by Councelor
I got one better, I have some unopened DVDs from 800.com's 3 for $0.99 sale that I haven't opened yet!
I've heard so much about that sale. When did it happen?
I think the BlackCapTen is right, around 1998-9. 800.com was a shining star, very much the DDD of the last century (with inferior management as evidenced by their quick death, but was also the one "free ship" etailer of the time), who came, flared, then burnt out and died. Now circuit city owns the domain, dunno if they bought out 800, or just the domain.
Old 06-04-07, 04:56 PM

Sorry, if it was already posted, but has someone made a list of the most popular titles this time around?
Old 06-04-07, 05:01 PM

Received my first order today also. Only problem is that they forgot to include one of the DVD sets I ordered (it does show on the packing slip).

I sent a nice email to DDD, but can anyone tell me if they have had this problem before and what the outcome was?
Old 06-04-07, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by tasog37
Something odd I just found: I was planning on ordering Eraserhead, but when you click buy now, it says this product is no longer available. Does anybody know what's up with that? Are any other titles doing that?
If I recall, it was either last November's or June's sale that certain titles were removed (not available) during the sale because some distributors asked to have them not be included. I think both Eraserhead and the Lynch short films were some of them, along with some Media Blasters discs.
Old 06-04-07, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by k_lodge
Received my first order today also. Only problem is that they forgot to include one of the DVD sets I ordered (it does show on the packing slip).

I sent a nice email to DDD, but can anyone tell me if they have had this problem before and what the outcome was?
I've called customer service in the past and gotten immediate, no questions asked help. They are very good about it.
Old 06-04-07, 05:15 PM

OK, I placed my first order today (NCIS Season 3), but I am curious about something.
Last night I had the new Einstein book and the Goodfellas blu-ray in my cart and the discount was applied to both. Today it just seems to work on the disc. Are there some books that it works on? Is this an intermittent thing? I don't guess I should have hesitated.
Old 06-04-07, 05:22 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by k_lodge

Sometimes items from DDD ship from different warehouses and the shipments are split up.
Old 06-04-07, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mgoblue7
OK, I placed my first order today (NCIS Season 3), but I am curious about something.
Last night I had the new Einstein book and the Goodfellas blu-ray in my cart and the discount was applied to both. Today it just seems to work on the disc. Are there some books that it works on? Is this an intermittent thing? I don't guess I should have hesitated.
The coupons aren't supposed to work on books/cds. It seems they fixed the glitch.
Old 06-04-07, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mgoblue7
It appears it was a glitch. The coupon says no books or CDs, but the website was allowing it anyway. Looks like they caught on & 'fixed' it.
Old 06-04-07, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by old-boo-radley
Sometimes items from DDD ship from different warehouses and the shipments are split up.
But then it wouldn't be on that packing slip.
Old 06-04-07, 05:40 PM

This doesn't look good...my order that was only books (using a 20% coupon) shows them all listed as 'backorder' in my order status. The titles I checked showed that they were in stock. Looks like the order may end up being canceled.
Old 06-04-07, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by dmikester1
I've heard so much about that sale. When did it happen?
I record my on-line purchases by date received and I show that I received the 3/$1 movies on 12/5/1998.

The good old days; reel.com, DVD Express, lots of coupons, free shipping.
Old 06-04-07, 06:16 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

My one and only order,

NYPD BLUE-4TH SEASON $ 17.69 In-stock
FRASIER-9TH SEASON $ 23.42 In-stock
Old 06-04-07, 06:32 PM

has anyone else who ordered on May 31st not received shipping confirmations for anything in their order? I'm assuming mine was perhaps too large an order to do quickly but they are also usually pretty good at shipping things quickly
Old 06-04-07, 06:37 PM

Don't post too much around here-- mostly a lurker. But, I just wanted to ask, if we had a book order that's now listed as back ordered, it looks like the odds are it'll be cancelled, right?
Old 06-04-07, 06:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DoubleDownAgain
But then it wouldn't be on that packing slip.
You may be right. I heard that items would be on the same packing slip and still come from a different place.
Old 06-04-07, 06:50 PM

Be weary on the tv shows. I went to Target today and they got bunches of sets (movie 3 packs as well) for $12.99 to $26.99. Most the tv series were $16.99 (Simpsons seasons sets, Firefly, 24 S1) to $19.99 (Including That 70's Show S6 and American Dad V2 which both just came out last month!)
Old 06-04-07, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by arock99
has anyone else who ordered on May 31st not received shipping confirmations for anything in their order? I'm assuming mine was perhaps too large an order to do quickly but they are also usually pretty good at shipping things quickly
You should be able to look it up on their web site. Just go to the bottom of screen and click on one of those things like account or track orders. Put in your email address and password.....

Old 06-04-07, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SF4Nynah
Don't post too much around here-- mostly a lurker. But, I just wanted to ask, if we had a book order that's now listed as back ordered, it looks like the odds are it'll be cancelled, right?
I sure hope not.
Old 06-04-07, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by SF4Nynah
I've ordered books from them before this sale and they've been backordered but I still received them. It just seems like they're a little slower to get books in stock than they are to get in DVDs. Still working out the kinks I guess.

I wouldn't worry about your order being canceled just yet. But I just can't believe it took them so long to figure out the mistake.

Last edited by sailor_moon; 06-04-07 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-04-07, 07:22 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
First order...I will be placing a small second order tomorrow

DVD : FARSCAPE-STARBURST EDITION $ 13.42
DVD : SKY HIGH (WS) $ 11.22
DVD : MARY HARTMAN MARY HARTMAN-V $ 17.94
DVD : BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25TH CEN $ 15.86
DVD : STAR TREK-VOYAGER 5TH SEASO $ 78.07
DVD : QUICK CHANGE $ 6.62
DVD : BATMAN BEYOND-3RD SEASON $ 15.02

Once again, thanks to DD for the incredible sale (and shame on those of you who are picking on them for providing their loyal customers with a deal!)
Old 06-04-07, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I had ordered The Wheelman by Duane Swierczynsk using the DVDTALK code and My order details show in "processing" but at the bottom it shows that is on "Back order". If I add it to my cart then it shows in stock. I have a feeling it will be canceled. I may call them tomorrow and check on the actual status. I was going to order The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing but 20%codes are no go. May still order Boglehead's since DD is $3+ cheaper than Amazon. The Wheelman is also ~$3 cheaper.
I looked at my CC and it is NOT showing the Pending $$ anymore, leading me to believe that the order will be cancelled. No shipping confirmations either.
Old 06-04-07, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've got most of my books on "order" and a few backordered, so who knows what will happen. It'll be a bummer if they cancel the book orders, though.
Old 06-04-07, 08:17 PM

For anyone that was thinking about ordering BOSOM BUDDIES, looks like there is a Complete Series box coming in September:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...uctId=18362610

Don't know if it will have any special packaging or extras, but since it comes out the same day as Season 2 it might be worth holding off.
Old 06-04-07, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Super56K
This doesn't look good...my order that was only books (using a 20% coupon) shows them all listed as 'backorder' in my order status. The titles I checked showed that they were in stock. Looks like the order may end up being canceled.
I'm not sure what to make of the book situation.

Of the 20+ "in-stock" books I ordered, only 5 of them displayed "In-stock" with the rest "On-order" according to the order confirmation. However, the online order status now shows that a few more books have been put into the "Open" category rather than "Backorder" but nothing has shipped so far.

While they may indeed decide to cancel everyone's discounted book orders, I kinda believe that that the prevalence of backordered books is simply an indication that DD doesn't have anything remotely resembling a real-time stock counter for the book department. Perhaps they only stock a limited selection of popular stuff but still list the books in their distributor's system as "in-stock" until a customer order generates a query that updates DD's system with a book's actual stock status at the distributor? Ehh... just spitballin

Last edited by grivet; 06-04-07 at 08:50 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.