Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

The One and Only Free Movie Cash and Ticket Guide

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The One and Only Free Movie Cash and Ticket Guide

Old 12-08-07, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chris_sc77
The tickets should be in the new releases of Omega Man, Logans Run , and Soylent Green, (Also possible The LAst Man ON earth not sure about this one though.)
I saw several copies of Soylent Green with I am Legend tickets at a PA Best Buy recently. Soylent Green had different cover art from the older release but otherwise I didn't detect any differences in the features. This might deserve its own thread because this is the first time I can remember that one of these free ticket offers hasn't been advertised or promoted, not even getting a special display in the store. The movie's opening in only 6 days.
Old 12-09-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by sillymonkey
are the national treasure tix only in the target release of pirates 3?
According to the sticker on the case, they are a Target exclusive.
Old 12-09-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trevor
Anyone still have free tickets for No Country for Old Men? They expire today. Note that I have been able to use these to purchase tickets for future shows.
I wish I had thought of that. I had 3 of these tickets, and never got to use them. The movie didn't open in my area until I left town on a business trip. Then I tried to use them on the road, but I kept working late and the stupid theater didn't have shows later than 7pm (but Fandango kept saying they did, so I wasted 2 trips to the theater!) So I have no intention on seeing this movie anymore, since I am bitter...

Anyway, I did get to see Awake for free. I had an Enchanted ticket, but had missed the showtime by 30 minutes. The cashier was nice and said I could see another movie if I wanted, so I saw Awake. Glad it was free...

Then I used a Mr. Magorium pass to see Enchanted for free on a different night... This week I need to see Hitman, before that expires. Glad the Golden Compass passes don't expire for a while...
Old 12-10-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've got a free moviecash ticket for Atonement which I got in Pride & Prejudice SE. Unfortunately it expires Dec. 23rd. It opened in 32 theaters on the 7th & is expanding the 14th (according to boxofficemojo) to 100 theaters. If it doesn't go wide on the 21st it's fucking useless. Why put out moviecash for a film only for 3 weeks when it's not scheduled for wide release? Maybe a week from Friday on the 21st it'll go wide but there are five major movies coming out on Dec. 21 so I sincerely doubt it.
Old 12-10-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
I've got a free moviecash ticket for Atonement which I got in Pride & Prejudice SE. Unfortunately it expires Dec. 23rd. It opened in 32 theaters on the 7th & is expanding the 14th (according to boxofficemojo) to 100 theaters. If it doesn't go wide on the 21st it's fucking useless. Why put out moviecash for a film only for 3 weeks when it's not scheduled for wide release? Maybe a week from Friday on the 21st it'll go wide but there are five major movies coming out on Dec. 21 so I sincerely doubt it.
Same exact thing happened for No Country for Old Men... All 3 of my tickets were wasted...
Old 12-11-07, 06:31 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
What I've done in similar instances is to go ahead and use the voucher before it expires, even if I have no time to see the movie right then. I either use the voucher to buy a ticket on a future date when I'm free, or just buy a random ticket and not use it.

Going back to the theater with an old but unused ticket always gets me in. I just explain that I bought a ticket in advance but then couldn't make it, and they always let me in.
Old 12-11-07, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great point. Only problem is they won't take the movie cash until the movie begins to play here. So far it's in only 32 theaters (going to 100 Friday). If it widens the 21st I'll have 3 days to use it (& I will). Only problem is that there are five major wide releases opening the 21st & I highly doublt we'll get Atonement before the movie money expires.
Old 12-11-07, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
The tickets should be in the new releases of Omega Man, Logans Run , and Soylent Green, (Also possible The LAst Man ON earth not sure about this one though.)
I received an "I am Legend" ticket when I bought the latest release of Outland.
Old 12-17-07, 11:15 PM

Does anyone know if there will be any National Treasure 2 free movie cash in any dvd releases?
Old 12-18-07, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by thursdaynighter
Does anyone know if there will be any National Treasure 2 free movie cash in any dvd releases?
There was one in the At World's End 2 Disc DVD at Target only
Old 12-18-07, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Same exact thing happened for No Country for Old Men... All 3 of my tickets were wasted...
I'm sort of glad then that i didn't have time to pick up the movies that had free tickets for no country for Old men. I would have seen this movie 3 or 4 times. I've already seen it a couple of time for free. Awesome movie.
Old 01-05-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Don't forget the Golden Compass Hollywood Movie Money expires 1/6/08 ...tomorrow's your last chance.
Old 01-05-08, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chad
Don't forget the Golden Compass Hollywood Movie Money expires 1/6/08 ...tomorrow's your last chance.
Used all 5 of mine already! And didn't see Golden Compass once. Oops!
Old 01-05-08, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by thursdaynighter
I was wondering why didn't they put one in the new 2 disc national treasure.
Old 01-05-08, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by johnbook
I was wondering why didn't they put one in the new 2 disc national treasure.
Disney really screwed up with the National Treasure 2 disc release. If they had wanted to sell a ton including getting a lot of people to double dip they would've a) had a major sale price on it. NO one had it for less than $19.99, b) put movie cash in the National Treasure nationwide and c) gave double points for Disney Movie Rewards like they did with Underdog. Had their marketing dept. done that they probably would've sold a shitload more dvds.
Old 01-06-08, 12:24 AM

I'll keep it updated

Originally Posted by Trevor
If no one one else volunteers I guess I could do it.

Send me your code from post one so I can keep the same format.

But again, I'm all for someone else taking the 'job'.

I'd like to keep this thread up-dated. I check this thread regularly so I'd be happy to move items to the first page and keep it updated. So who's got the keys? Trevor? Michael? Let me know.
Old 01-06-08, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by DiscGuy
I'd like to keep this thread up-dated. I check this thread regularly so I'd be happy to move items to the first page and keep it updated. So who's got the keys? Trevor? Michael? Let me know.
Awesome. No one around here has any more power or say than anyone else (except the mods), people just start doing things and sometimes they catch on, sometimes they don't.

You might just want to start a new thread, as many find that these types of threads work best if the first post is updated. I had earlier asked MC for the formatting code he used in post one, but never got it. You could design your own, or get his if you want to keep the same format.

Again, these are just my personal opinions on how to do things, anyone here is welcome to do whatever they please.

I'd love it if you took over and kept it updated. I think a lot of us here check the thread regularly, and I link to it in the weekly exclusive/freebie threads as well.
Old 01-06-08, 04:09 AM

I'm O.K. with the format that Michael picked. I thought I would keep it and just move forward by editing the first post in this thread. No need to start a new "one-and-only" thread....let's just start updating this one.

But how do I get permission to edit post #1 ??? Can it be reassigned to me?

Any mods listening in that can help?
Old 01-06-08, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by DiscGuy
But how do I get permission to edit post #1 ??? Can it be reassigned to me?

Any mods listening in that can help?
That's not possible.
Old 01-06-08, 05:49 PM

I was able to take this weeks Circuit City ad to Best Buy and price match I, Robot at 4.99 and get a free ticket to "In the Name of the King".
Old 01-06-08, 07:22 PM

The above comes in a slimcase with a preview DVD (trailer and highlights), $7.50 value, good 1/11/08 to 2/18/08. Free with purchase of 28 different action type movies: Die Hard, Speed, The 300 Spartans, X2, Road House, Transporter 1 and 2, Bandidas, Commando, Daredevil, Day After Tomorrow, Ed Scissorhands, Escape to NY, I Robot, Kiss the Dragon, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Man on Fire, Ong Bak Warrior, Predator, Romeo is Bleeding, Space Camp, Stone Cold, Terminator, True Lies, Walking Tall, Willow, Xmen.
Old 01-06-08, 08:50 PM

New Thread !!!

In order to keep this list updated, I am starting a new thread.

The new thread should look very familar. The tickets table remains with only slight changes to the format. (I moved the Expiration column and cleaned up some of the formatting.)

Please use this new thread for updates and discussion.

Last edited by DiscGuy; 01-06-08 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Added link to new thread