DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   interesting sale at Kmart (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/502548-interesting-sale-kmart.html)

Steve 06-04-07 08:31 PM

interesting sale at Kmart

didn't see this posted anywhere.

1) all James Bond remastered films (w/DTS) $6.99
2) 3 Disc specials for $12.99
a) El Mariachi/Despardo/Mexican
b) 3 disc director's cut of Hellboy !
c) 3 disc version of Black Hawk Down

hope this helps someone.

docdoowop 06-05-07 04:26 AM

Dunno about *all* Bond films. I could only find two Connery titles, "From Russia With Love" and "You Only Live Twice".

Trevor 06-05-07 06:31 AM

Great sale, but I can never find the advertised DVDs at Kmart. Insert Rainman quote here.

But good for pricematching at least, if you can find the flyer in the store.

gryffinmaster 06-05-07 07:21 AM

No idea what the regular price is of that Hellboy set at Circuit City, but that might be a nice little deal. Granted, not like the Sam's deal a few months back, but still great for those without a Sam's or a membership there.

Originally Posted by Trevor
Insert Rainman quote here.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...an-Posters.jpg

"You know, K-Mart is actually a decent, respectable store with occasional good deals on storage, DVDs, furniture ...

... I mean, K-Mart sucks. Definitely."

Wildo1966 06-05-07 08:41 AM

Raymond...You are absolutely correct, K-Mart does suck! I went to the last K-mart in my area this morning to see their new release dvds...I was not able to see any of them because the electronics supervisor does not come in until 9 AM. Not one other person could help me with the dvds, I asked the CS desk if they ever wonder why their store has no customers and I also asked why they bother opening at 8 AM when there is practically no one working there....I then walked right next door to Walmart and bought everything I was looking for...

Autolycus 06-05-07 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
... I mean, K-Mart sucks. Definitely."

Couldn't agree more.

During their Easter sale of Biblical epics (Ben-Hur 3-disc for $10.00, etc.), I went to three K-Marts trying to find the advertised specials.

Not one of the stores had any of the advertised DVDs and the sales people were not even aware of the sale.

Gas costs too much to waste going to a store that can't even bother to stock their advertised items.

Trevor 06-05-07 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Autolycus
Couldn't agree more.

During their Easter sale of Biblical epics (Ben-Hur 3-disc for $10.00, etc.), I went to three K-Marts trying to find the advertised specials.

Not one of the stores had any of the advertised DVDs and the sales people were not even aware of the sale.

Gas costs too much to waste going to a store that can't even bother to stock their advertised items.

Exactly, which is why I don't even bother to look for the items at Kmart anymore. I just cruise by and get their flyer, then pricematch at CC or BB, getting it for an extra 10% off with their pricematching policy.

Remember, never buy the item where it is the cheapest, buy it at the most expensive place that pricematches. :)

whotony 06-05-07 06:47 PM

is this in the add this week

Steve 06-05-07 06:49 PM

don't know if this is advertised. but was in the DVD section that was open (not behind glass)..

starman9000 06-05-07 08:15 PM

Hellboy was advertised, I was surprised to actually find it there, but it looks like they actually stocked their ad titles for once. They also had a big display for the 6.99 Comic book titles.

Maxflier 06-05-07 09:53 PM

I looked through the flyer and didn't see Hellboy in it, they didn't have it in the store I went to anyways.

Spiral Staircase 06-05-07 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I looked through the flyer and didn't see Hellboy in it, they didn't have it in the store I went to anyways.

It is on page 7 on the top right in my ad. The KMart near me had about a half dozen of them. The cashier was surprised that it was on sale.

Altimus Prime 06-05-07 10:47 PM

I think these Bond movies for $6.99 at Kmart should be highlighted in a thread titled "Deals better than the DD 20 percent off sale." Along with it would go Pirates of the Caribbean for $10 at Target.

Anywho...

I don't have any Bond movies - it's a glaring omission in my "collection" - and am tempted to get some with this deal. At a Kmart, IIRC, I saw From Russia With Love, Never Say Never, World is Not Enough, Moonraker and Man with the Golden Gun. Oh, and one of the Timothy Dalton movies I've never seen or will ever see.

If I can decide on a couple I'd want the most, I'll go PM at BBuy just out of spite. ;) They'll probably have more to choose from.

Maxflier 06-06-07 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by starecase
It is on page 7 on the top right in my ad. The KMart near me had about a half dozen of them. The cashier was surprised that it was on sale.

Ok, I see it now. Didn't realize it was $12.99, I thought someone had said it was $6.99 in another thread. Oh well, might still pick it up if I can find it.

Maxflier 06-06-07 10:29 PM

Well I came up empty at K-Mart, but I did find 1 copy of Hellboy at CC. I had them pricematch and I guess she took an additional 10% off instead of just off the difference because they actually charged me $11.79 for it. That's a pretty solid deal for a nice 3 disc set I guess.

mifuneral 06-06-07 10:50 PM

That's an awesome price for the Hellboy DC for those who don't already own it.

Altimus Prime 06-06-07 11:39 PM

Has anyone tried pricematching at another store? I'm wondering if the others will pricematch on any individual Bond title, or be sticklers and only pricematch the ones pictured in the ad - World is Not Enough, From Russia with Love and Moonraker - despite the fact Kmart does have other Bond titles in the sale and the ad reads "additional titles available."

I picked up Man with the Golden Gun and Moonraker today. Those have always been two fav Bond films of mine. I appreciate Connery, but the first Bond I was introduced to was Roger Moore.

I'm thinking of picking up a couple more, if I can find them at a Kmart or pricematch somewhere - considering You Only Live Twice and Spy Who Loved Me. Live and Let Die is a distant third.

I thought Brosnan was a good Bond, but I lost interest in the series after the first two of his films. Tomorrow Never Dies interests me because of the media mogul villain, but that's about it.

And no, the big collections weren't made for me. I'm not that into Bond.

nothingfails 06-07-07 01:44 AM

the one thing I dislike about the Bond DVD's is that there are no extras on the movies like there are on the special box sets where each movie gets a 2 disc set. But what if you don't necessarily want to own Moonraker to get Goldfinger?

Altimus Prime 06-07-07 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by nothingfails
the one thing I dislike about the Bond DVD's is that there are no extras on the movies like there are on the special box sets where each movie gets a 2 disc set. But what if you don't necessarily want to own Moonraker to get Goldfinger?

What? Goldfinger is in Vol. 1. Moonraker is in Vol. 4.

But if your idea is that with the volume sets, you end up with movies you want and ones you don't, then I agree, and that's why I'm buying a few of the ones I like this way for $6.99 each. Getting just what I want, spending less money. You still get the restored image, and commentaries. I can live without the extras.

Jim 06-07-07 10:57 AM

Remember, never buy the item where it is the cheapest, buy it at the most expensive place that pricematches. :)

This should be in a sticky at the top of the forum, or the forum's motto, or something like that. It's the reason why Circuit City has been getting my business lately.

Infrared Sight 06-07-07 11:53 AM

I was looking at the bond single releases(1 disc) at best buy the other day and I noticed that on the back where it lists the specs, it just said widescreen and then gave the ratio underneath. It doesn't say anywhere on the package that I can find about being anamorphic. Am I missing something? No way these are not anamorphic cause they did the frame by frame restoration on them right?

wildman1037 06-07-07 01:03 PM

OR, ..buy it at the place that pricematches and gives you the most Reward Zone points. ;)

clappj 06-07-07 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Infrared Sight
I was looking at the bond single releases(1 disc) at best buy the other day and I noticed that on the back where it lists the specs, it just said widescreen and then gave the ratio underneath. It doesn't say anywhere on the package that I can find about being anamorphic. Am I missing something? No way these are not anamorphic cause they did the frame by frame restoration on them right?

They are indeed Anamorphic and will look the best they ever will...until they're released on BR-DVD that is. ;)

kenbenobi 06-07-07 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Well I came up empty at K-Mart, but I did find 1 copy of Hellboy at CC. I had them pricematch and I guess she took an additional 10% off instead of just off the difference because they actually charged me $11.79 for it. That's a pretty solid deal for a nice 3 disc set I guess.

10% off would have made it $11.69. It is more likely the regular price at CC was 24.99, thus $11.79 would indeed be 10% of the difference ($12 difference, thus an additional $1.20 off)...

Maxflier 06-07-07 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
10% off would have made it $11.69. It is more likely the regular price at CC was 24.99, thus $11.79 would indeed be 10% of the difference ($12 difference, thus an additional $1.20 off)...

Yes, it was $24.99 at CC, I guess I really need to brush up on my math skills.:o