Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '07

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '07

Old 06-07-07, 10:40 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 521 Likes on 458 Posts
Originally Posted by yellowjacket621
When I placed the order, everything was in stock with plenty of copies, but on my order status page, Last Exile Vol. 1 LE, Paranoia Agent Vol. 3, and R.O.D. the TV Vol. 4 say "On Order from Manufacturer." Yet on the site, ROD Vol. 4 shows 485 copies in stock and Paranoia Agent Vol. 3 shows 158 copies.

What's going on?
The counter shows how many possible units TRSI can acquire from Geneon Ent. TRSI basically will have to get these allocated copies from Geneon to their warehouses in order to fulfill these orders. This is not very uncommon with these types of abundance sales for later orders.
Old 06-07-07, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WTK
The counter shows how many possible units TRSI can acquire from Geneon Ent. TRSI basically will have to get these allocated copies from Geneon to their warehouses in order to fulfill these orders. This is not very uncommon with these types of abundance sales for later orders.
I placed one order within about 10 minutes of the sale going up and my second a day later and I have this same issue. But i'm patient so it doesn't bother me I have about 5-10 years of stuff to get through anyways.
Old 06-07-07, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
  • Chobits: I found the series fairly entertaining. If you liked any of the CLAMP series such as Angelic Layer you may like this. The series does include plenty of off-color humor and innuendo.
  • Demon Lord Dante: I don't know anything about this series!
  • Licensed by Royalty: It's in my backlog, but from what I have heard, the series has been compare to the James Bond series.
  • Master Keaton: It's in my backlog as well. I don't know too much about the series, but the creator is the same as the one that created Monster so expect a heavy dose of drama.
Thanks alot for the advice! You too Sweet baby James! Looks like i'll have to check out chobits! I have to say, that dvdtalk is the only forum like this that i really frequent and I can't thank all of you guys enough. Everyone is always friendly and eager to help each other out. Truly a sense of community. This has for some time been the first place i turn whenever i need info on a release, tips on what to buy, and especially when there are great sales. And i want to thank everyone who takes the time to keep this anime thread going. you guys are doing a great job. thanks again!
Old 06-07-07, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I can vouch for Chobits. It's one of the top CLAMP shows out there and I like CLAMP shows. It also features an excellent dub(Crispin Freeman is great as always) and very catchy opening and closing songs. Definitely recommended!
I do not watch dubs at all. But man everyone was on point for the dub CHOBITS.
Old 06-07-07, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
Okay, thanks. So will they wait until everything is in-stock before shipping, or will they send out what they have first?
Old 06-07-07, 12:56 PM
WTK

Okay, thanks. So will they wait until everything is in-stock before shipping, or will they send out what they have first?
I'm almost certain that the order won't be shipped out to you until all of the titles in the order are ready to go!
Old 06-07-07, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WTK
I'm almost certain that the order won't be shipped out to you until all of the titles in the order are ready to go!
Yeah, I don't think that they like to do partials during these liquidation sales. Fortunately for me, my entire order shipped out yesterday.
Old 06-07-07, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Droses
Hey, does anyone have anything good/bad to say about chobits, Demon Lord Dante, Licensed by Royalty, or master keaton? Any of these that someone feels i can't live without? at these prices i don't want to miss out on anything.
Thanks!
I liked L/R quite a bit, it has a sort of Lupin-esque feel to it without quite so much wackiness. The music is great and I thought the dub was really pretty good. The story is decent, nothing that will knock your socks off though. Overall, I'd recommend it if you like Lupin or spy type series.

Last edited by murray731; 06-07-07 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-07-07, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
So how long do you think it will take? I was considering a second order if ROD 7 w/box comes back in stock, but if my first order is going to take a couple of weeks to ship, then I don't know if it's worth it.

And do you think I'm screwed on Last Exile vol. 1 LE? It was in-stock when I bought it (I placed my order early because I wanted to make sure I got it), but now it's sold out.
Old 06-07-07, 01:36 PM

Thanks alot for the advice! You too Sweet baby James! Looks like i'll have to check out chobits! I have to say, that dvdtalk is the only forum like this that i really frequent and I can't thank all of you guys enough. Everyone is always friendly and eager to help each other out. Truly a sense of community. This has for some time been the first place i turn whenever i need info on a release, tips on what to buy, and especially when there are great sales. And i want to thank everyone who takes the time to keep this anime thread going. you guys are doing a great job. thanks again!
I totally agree! Everyone is super kind. Everyone is so helpful and make me feel welcome. Thanks Everyone!

And do you think I'm screwed on Last Exile vol. 1 LE? It was in-stock when I bought it (I placed my order early because I wanted to make sure I got it), but now it's sold out.
You should be fine, you payed for it, so as I see it they really have no choice but to send it to you. Of course, I haven't had much experience with it before though, I only took part in one other Abundance sale.
Old 06-07-07, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So how long do you think it will take? I was considering a second order if ROD 7 w/box comes back in stock, but if my first order is going to take a couple of weeks to ship, then I don't know if it's worth it.

Don't sweat it. Shawne is excellent about fulfilling orders, so you should be fine regarding Last Exile. I'm not going to lie to you, it might take a couple of weeks for them to ship out your order. However, once you receive the magical brown box containing 25 DVDs that you only paid $100 for, you'll know that it's worth it! The waiting will be easier in the future once you have amassed a backlog.
Old 06-07-07, 03:48 PM

Hey, does anyone have anything good/bad to say about chobits, Demon Lord Dante, Licensed by Royalty, or master keaton? Any of these that someone feels i can't live without? at these prices i don't want to miss out on anything.
Thanks!
Chobits was alright. I read the manga first, which was better written and sequenced, so the anime ended up falling short. Dante is terrible and a waste of time. Not to mention it's edited. I have heard good things about Master Keaton. L/R looked uninteresting to me, but if you like that sort of crime/spy series it may be worth looking at.
Old 06-07-07, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Bear1116
Chobits was alright. I read the manga first, which was better written and sequenced, so the anime ended up falling short. Dante is terrible and a waste of time. Not to mention it's edited. I have heard good things about Master Keaton. L/R looked uninteresting to me, but if you like that sort of crime/spy series it may be worth looking at.
Thanks for the input mr bear!
Old 06-07-07, 04:15 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was a little strapped for cash when the righstuf special started.

I picked up:

Heat Guy J Vol. 1-7
Captain Herlock 1,3,4 LE

Got Herlock Vol. 2 from DD with the 20% for $15.00

Not too shabby!
Old 06-07-07, 05:59 PM

Anyone else notice that ROD 7+box says "In stock and available" but "Quantity: 0"?

Is that normal? Shouldn't that be "Backordered" or something when they don't have any left?
Old 06-07-07, 06:19 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Closeout Items from RightStuf.com

Ongoing:New:
Old 06-07-07, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

The Gantz sets are a good deal, although RS did sell them for $24.99 at one time. The Noir thinpak for $39.99 is a great deal(I've never seen it any cheaper).
Old 06-07-07, 08:39 PM
WTK

For those who don't know already, Fuse Television will start airing anime starting tomorrow (Ergo Proxy and Tenjho Tenge). Next Monday, the Sci Fi Channel will air Ghost in the Shell: SAC - Solid State Society.

Fuse Television - Premiers Friday, June 8th @ Midnight EST | Official Website
  • Ergo Proxy @ 12:00AM/E 9:00PM/P | Promo
  • Tenjho Tenge @ 12:30AM/E 9:30PM/P | Promo

Sci Fi Channel (Ani-Monday) - Premiers June 11th | Press Release | Official TV Schedule
  • June 11th | Ghost in the Shell: SAC - Solid State Society @ 11PM EST
  • June 18th, 25th / July 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd | Noein @ 11PM EST
  • June 18th, 25th / July 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd | Tokko @ 11:30PM EST
  • June 19th, 25th / July 2nd, 9th | Macross Plus @ 12AM EST
  • July 16th, 23rd | Street Fighter II V @ 12AM EST
  • July 30th | Highlander: Search for Vengeance @ 11PM EST
  • Black Jack: the Movie | TBA
  • Blood: The Last Vampire | TBA
  • Read or Die (OVA) | TBA
  • Ninja Scroll (Movie) | TBA
Old 06-07-07, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ason12
I totally agree! Everyone is super kind. Everyone is so helpful and make me feel welcome. Thanks Everyone!

You should be fine, you payed for it, so as I see it they really have no choice but to send it to you. Of course, I haven't had much experience with it before though, I only took part in one other Abundance sale.
Well, they don't actually charge your card until they're ready to ship. I've had a few cases where my title were cancelled because the allocation number was off. In those cases, they just didn't ship me the item.. But this with sale, I would assume they would contact you to make a switch before shipping your order out..
Later
Old 06-07-07, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
For those who don't know already, Fuse Television will start airing anime starting tomorrow (Ergo Proxy and Tenjho Tenge). Next Monday, the Sci Fi Channel will air Ghost in the Shell: SAC - Solid State Society.

Fuse Television - Premiers Friday, June 8th @ Midnight EST | Official Website
  • Ergo Proxy @ 12:00AM/E 9:00PM/P | Promo
  • Tenjho Tenge @ 12:30AM/E 9:30PM/P | Promo

Sci Fi Channel (Ani-Monday) - Premiers June 11th | Press Release | Official TV Schedule
  • June 11th | Ghost in the Shell: SAC - Solid State Society @ 11PM EST
  • June 18th, 25th / July 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd | Noein @ 11PM EST
  • June 18th, 25th / July 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd | Tokko @ 11:30PM EST
  • June 19th, 25th / July 2nd, 9th | Macross Plus @ 12AM EST
  • July 16th, 23rd | Street Fighter II V @ 12AM EST
  • July 30th | Highlander: Search for Vengeance @ 11PM EST
  • Black Jack: the Movie | TBA
  • Blood: The Last Vampire | TBA
  • Read or Die (OVA) | TBA
  • Ninja Scroll (Movie) | TBA

Awesome! Thanks so much, I had no idea.
Old 06-08-07, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

FYI - since I saw it in the list there - Blood: The Last Vampire is getting an American live-action remake and the star is being played by the Korean hottie who starred in "My Sassy Girl" -- now going by the westernized name of Gianna Jun.
Old 06-08-07, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Don't sweat it. Shawne is excellent about fulfilling orders, so you should be fine regarding Last Exile. I'm not going to lie to you, it might take a couple of weeks for them to ship out your order. However, once you receive the magical brown box containing 25 DVDs that you only paid $100 for, you'll know that it's worth it! The waiting will be easier in the future once you have amassed a backlog.
Okay, thanks for the reassurance. I'll have about 2 years of stuff to watch between my DDD orders and this, so I can probably afford to wait a little while.
Old 06-08-07, 11:21 AM

did anyone here actually get a copy of rod 7 ltd. ed. w/the artbox? I didn't even see it listed when i placed my order, and later on in the day, i saw it listed, but with 0 availible. I was wondering if anyone actually lucked out and got a copy.
Old 06-08-07, 11:32 AM

did anyone here actually get a copy of rod 7 ltd. ed. w/the artbox? I didn't even see it listed when i placed my order, and later on in the day, i saw it listed, but with 0 availible. I was wondering if anyone actually lucked out and got a copy.
I supposedly have one reserved for my order. I had it in my cart shortly after the sale started. The first thing that I did when the sale showed up was to sort the items by the price from high to low, then started adding to the cart from there. Since there wasn't much in the way of artboxes last time I figured it was an easy way to get stuff I didn't get before. The inventory was in single digits when I got mine, so there weren't many available.
Old 06-08-07, 12:46 PM

At least if it shows with 0 stock and isn't removed, they will probably get a few more in sometime before the end of the sale. If that happens and I'm lucky enough to get it, I'll have to make a 10 order to go with the two 25's I've already got!

I am going to be so poor (in a good way)!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.