Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '07

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '07

Old 06-15-07, 01:27 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 521 Likes on 458 Posts
Dads & Grads Anime Sale @ ADVFilms.com

Up to 75% off select products! Free Gifts with purchase. Sale ends June 18th.

All Sales are Final. Unless otherwise noted, defective products may be returned within 14 days of purchase, for EXCHANGE or IN STORE-CREDIT ONLY. NO REFUNDS. A 10% restocking fee may apply. Shipping charges are NOT refundable.

Products offered through this sale are clearance and close-out items. As such, product bar codes will be reconfigured, replaced or physically altered (including by means of cutting, punching or drilling). Some products may be open box. Some products may be delivered without full retail packaging. Except as expressly provided otherwise, products are sold as-is.

SHIPPING AND HANDLING:
ADV Films ships items to all 50 states and Canada. After packing is complete, most orders will be sent via FedEx.
Most DVD orders will be processed and shipped within seven (7) to ten (10) business days. *Exceptions are noted below.
Please be aware that all credit cards are charged as soon as your order is submitted. If a product is sold out or becomes unavailable, your credit card will be promptly refunded (some banks may take up to ten (10) business days to reflect this refund).

*EXCEPTIONS INCLUDE:
1. ALL SALE ITEMS. Please allow 1 - 4 weeks for processing and shipping due to high sales volumes.
2. Out-of-Stock Items.
3. Newtype USA magazine; please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
4. ADV Manga; please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery from printer.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us HERE.
Old 06-15-07, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay i tried placing an order with them adv films and got some sort of error protocol message and then i saw the charge for the order on my CC but i didn't get an order number or annything ... I tried calling the 800 number on their website got through to someone who didn't know how i called them and she gave me an extension number to call when i did i got voice mail with yet another ext to call if the call was urgent called that ext and got another voice mail ;(
Is this site okay to order from I am kinda worried now I tried emailing and my message got rejected for some reason or the other ...

well i will try again later

is this a normal occurrence...
Old 06-15-07, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
Fill This Bag & Get 20% MORE for Your USED DVDs/CDs/Video Games Trade-In

The trade-in paper bags were found by the entrance display rack of which they place their store ads. The paper bag also states "Is your bag overflowing? Grab another bag. Any bag and we'll still honor the deal."

We reserve the right to refuse USED DVDs, CDs, or Games not forund in our database. All trades are subjected to store manager's approval. No dealers. Promotional items not accepted.

Quantities are not limited. A State Driver's License, State I.D. or either valid photo I.D. is required for each person trading the used product. Trade-in offer not valid online. Offer expires 7/18/07.
Is this Suncoast exclusive too? I have some things to trade in but they don't hardly give you anything at FYE. Also, how many does "fill it up" mean? It looks like it can hold 5-7 DVDs to me.
Old 06-15-07, 03:55 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by qtwerp
Is this Suncoast exclusive too? I have some things to trade in but they don't hardly give you anything at FYE. Also, how many does "fill it up" mean? It looks like it can hold 5-7 DVDs to me.
I don't know whether if it's Suncoast exclusive or not. The closest FYE is too far for me to go to normally. If you have some trade-ins I would call FYE to see if they are running such a promotion....and the paper bag is about half size a regular grocery paper bag.
Old 06-15-07, 03:56 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
okay i tried placing an order with them adv films and got some sort of error protocol message and then i saw the charge for the order on my CC but i didn't get an order number or annything ... I tried calling the 800 number on their website got through to someone who didn't know how i called them and she gave me an extension number to call when i did i got voice mail with yet another ext to call if the call was urgent called that ext and got another voice mail ;(
Is this site okay to order from I am kinda worried now I tried emailing and my message got rejected for some reason or the other ...

I believe something like this happened during the last sale. I guess the only thing that I can suggest is to call/email again when possible!
Old 06-15-07, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
I believe something like this happened during the last sale. I guess the only thing that I can suggest is to call/email again when possible!
hopefully i get through next time... I called the number again got the voicemail and left a message so hopefully someone calls back.

thanks
Old 06-15-07, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN

Wow. ADVfilms.com just seems to get worse as time goes on...

They STILL haven't fixed the checkout errors? That's been a problem..for what...the last 5 sales? What is shipping this time? $20?
Old 06-15-07, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ndolger
Wow. ADVfilms.com just seems to get worse as time goes on...

They STILL haven't fixed the checkout errors? That's been a problem..for what...the last 5 sales? What is shipping this time? $20?
shipping was 9.00 for FEDEX ... i was ordering two items. ;( their CSR doesn't seem to know what is going on when i had spoken to the woman she was so surprised it seems to get a call she had to ask another person I could hear in the background who i should call ... even though when i called the 800 # I pressed 1 for the help i was supposed to get ;( very bad...
Old 06-15-07, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
....and the paper bag is about half size a regular grocery paper bag.
Ick. Too big for me to even care about then. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-15-07, 06:46 PM

It says in the description you can bring in your own bag. Just a shame that Suncoast is closed here as all the FYE's in this county screwed up the deal last time they did this (you're supposed to get 45% extra for store-credit or 20% for cash).

I hear there is a FYE in another county that was doing the deal right last time, I wonder if its worth the trip. The TRSI geneon sale has a bunch of boxes for $4 that FYE will now pay $16-20 for.
Old 06-15-07, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bezerker
It says in the description you can bring in your own bag.
It says that if you fill up the bag, then you can use another bag. So you still need enough to fill up the one they give you. Otherwise, you could bring in the tiny bags from drug stores that you'd be lucky to fit 3 DVDs in...
Old 06-15-07, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bezerker
It says in the description you can bring in your own bag. Just a shame that Suncoast is closed here as all the FYE's in this county screwed up the deal last time they did this (you're supposed to get 45% extra for store-credit or 20% for cash).

I hear there is a FYE in another county that was doing the deal right last time, I wonder if its worth the trip. The TRSI geneon sale has a bunch of boxes for $4 that FYE will now pay $16-20 for.

no they don't...maybe ONE of those boxes will go for just under $16...so your sadly mistaken...believe me...i've checked EVERY price on those boxes and what FYE will pay for them...
Old 06-15-07, 09:49 PM

Besides, wouldn't it be just as easy to ebay them if you were looking to make a profit from it? Then you wouldn't have to worry about store credit.
Old 06-15-07, 09:51 PM

I was updating my list of DVDs that are coming out that I want and when I checked Deep Discount for their price on Saiunkoku, I noticed that they have an awesome discount right now on the Volume 1 + Box version.

Story of Saiunkoku Volume 1 + Box - $13.77

It's actually cheaper than the regular disc.
Old 06-15-07, 11:16 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by sailor_moon
I was updating my list of DVDs that are coming out that I want and when I checked Deep Discount for their price on Saiunkoku, I noticed that they have an awesome discount right now on the Volume 1 + Box version.

Story of Saiunkoku Volume 1 + Box - $13.77

It's actually cheaper than the regular disc.
Thanks! I'm preordering this and see what will happen!
Old 06-16-07, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I guess it takes a one on one experience for people to learn never to buy directly from ADV.

Well 10 more days left till I can be free from desire, the desire to spend money on Geneon DVDs from Right Stuf (he hasn't got me yet, nor has DeepDiscount)
Old 06-16-07, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by qtwerp
It says that if you fill up the bag, then you can use another bag. So you still need enough to fill up the one they give you. Otherwise, you could bring in the tiny bags from drug stores that you'd be lucky to fit 3 DVDs in...
Trust me, you don't need to fill up the brown bag completely. Most stores wont even know about the deal until you show them. The bag does say "Any bag and we'll still honor the deal.".

And my bad about the prices, seems every box on the geneon sale gets $10-15 minimum. With some EB/Gamestops doing Buy 2 Get 3 free on used dvds, this could be a great way to make some credit.
Old 06-16-07, 07:43 AM
WTK

Updated!
Old 06-16-07, 02:23 PM

Damn! Ghost in the Shell got fixed....

If anyone got a second copy, I would be more than happy to buy it from you.

Last edited by Ason12; 06-16-07 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-17-07, 07:29 AM

Not exactly anime related, but a good way to rack up some credit @ FYE (or any other Transworld store).

Best Buy has Pinky & The Brain Season 1 for $7.50. FYE (or any other transworld store) pays either $13.80 cash or $16.67 credit for it. Store pickup is available (my Best Buy & FYE are across the street from each other, so this should be ez!)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1537165

And before i get flamed, i know some people are going to hoard on this (probably including myself, lol). The set has been out for almost a year, and people have had plenty of time to pick it up for themselves; im just trying to get you guys the best deals (whats more of a bargain than free cash?!).
Old 06-17-07, 07:39 AM

Seems like a lot of trouble just to make a few bucks.
Old 06-17-07, 09:12 AM

For a 122% gain for crossing the street, seems pretty easy to me. Each store has a limit of 5 of the same dvd set (AFAIK) so in one trip you could turn $37.50 into $83.35. With that $83.35 you could buy almost 6 geneon dvds (more than 6 if you get ones less than $30 each) for a grand total of $6.25 per dvd.

Its not quite as good as the games that Best Buy has for $2 that FYE pays $29 for (1,350% gain); but its an easy way to make some credit for the B1G1 Geneon sale.
Old 06-17-07, 09:29 AM
Defunct Account

Quick question Bezerk: How do you know FYE's payment rate for used DVDs? I couldn't find anything on their site. I've got a lot of discs that I'd liek to trade in, but I hate going in and discovering that they're only giving $1 for some decent movie.
Old 06-17-07, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by videophile
Quick question Bezerk: How do you know FYE's payment rate for used DVDs? I couldn't find anything on their site. I've got a lot of discs that I'd liek to trade in, but I hate going in and discovering that they're only giving $1 for some decent movie.
I think he uses Secondspin.com they seem to have the same buyback pay structure.
Old 06-17-07, 12:07 PM
Defunct Account

Thanks Drahksenzu, I didn't realize that.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.