Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Cheap Titles at DDD

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-07, 04:38 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, one order got filled...for silk stalkings.

I ordered two sets, so if anyone wants to trade for something else, PM me
Old 05-30-07, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
My problem would be that they are lying in that email. The orders were not canceled for any of those reasons. If anything, they should have done what FYE did, and said honestly what happened in explaining why the orders were being canceled. Lying is lying.
They're automated emails. They aren't lying, they're simply allowing their automated system to work. You know why it was cancelled. They know why it was canceled. Why get all worked up about it?
Old 05-30-07, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by PotVsKtl
They're automated emails. They aren't lying, they're simply allowing their automated system to work. You know why it was cancelled. They know why it was canceled. Why get all worked up about it?
I'm not all bent out of shape about it, but its not that big of a deal for them to spend a few minutes writing out an e-mail saying that they had a glitch in a pricing update when they cancel so many orders.
Old 05-30-07, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by exharrison
I'm not all bent out of shape about it, but its not that big of a deal for them to spend a few minutes writing out an e-mail saying that they had a glitch in a pricing update when they cancel so many orders.

Exactly .... its one thing to cancel all the orders and say it was a glitch rather than blaming it on the customer ....
Old 05-30-07, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by exharrison
The point is that that would be a manual process. They would have to manually collect all of the email addresses, manually compose the emails and manually send them out. What's the point? When you're ordering a $50 set for $1 it's pretty clear what happened.

You may not work with ordering systems but when you cancel an order on the merchant side, it automaticaly sends a generic email. That's what you got. Maybe you'll get a more specific one later, who knows.
Old 05-30-07, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The point is that that would be a manual process. They would have to manually collect all of the email addresses, manually compose the emails and manually send them out. What's the point? When you're ordering a $50 set for $1 it's pretty clear what happened.

You may not work with ordering systems but when you cancel an order on the merchant side, it automaticaly sends a generic email. That's what you got. Maybe you'll get a more specific one later, who knows.
They can change which generic e-mail is sent out. I'm not saying they need to manually do anything other than write the e-mail and specify to send that one.
Old 05-30-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My first two orders were filled. Got The Fountain ($2.05) and Pan's Labrynth ($1.81) with free shipping. The rest were cancelled. No complaints here, wasn't expecting anything.
Old 05-30-07, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, surprised some people got some titles shipped from this. Disappointed I wasn't one of them. I had four chances.
Old 05-30-07, 08:03 PM

I had about 9 seperate orders with 1 title in each order. I placed them one at a time as I found them. All but one order was cancelled, silk stalkings season 1 for .98. It was placed somewhere in the middle. I find it weird that it shipped out of all the ones I ordered.
Old 05-31-07, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I just got a shipping notice for a few of the orders I made. Of course it was for the random titles I didn't really care about like Free Willy, but still pretty sweet. Slings and Arrows season 2 and Sliders season 3 is great. I guess I should have made about 5 separate orders for the Superman set.
Old 05-31-07, 02:34 PM

And I'll say again, FYE got it right. If FYE can do it, why not DD?

I didn't make any orders during this incident, just commenting on it.

But when you add in the fact that apparently some are getting orders, and others aren't, this smells rotten.
Old 05-31-07, 11:15 PM

Anyone try contacting them (either via email or phone) to challenge them on just why the order was cancelled (since none of the three reasons given in their email are true)?

I noticed on their website a big banner that states "Satisfaction Guaranteed!" I always found this to be ridiculous business slogan for any retailer, as it's virtually impossible to "guarantee" that any given person will be satisfied.

In this case, for example, what if I'm not "satisfied" unless my cancelled order is reinstated and ships for the price listed when I placed the order?
Old 05-31-07, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Commander Dan
Anyone try contacting them (either via email or phone) to challenge them on just why the order was cancelled (since none of the three reasons given in their email are true)?

I noticed on their website a big banner that states "Satisfaction Guaranteed!" I always found this to be ridiculous business slogan for any retailer, as it's virtually impossible to "guarantee" that any given person will be satisfied.

In this case, for example, what if I'm not "satisfied" unless my cancelled order is reinstated and ships for the price listed when I placed the order?
I did. Just so that they would at least give me the real reason. They stated there was a pricing error and they reserve the price to cancel orders for such a reason which is just fine with me.
Old 06-01-07, 07:30 AM

i can't believe you guys are fussing about them not honouring it.
Old 06-01-07, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by steelpotato
i can't believe you guys are fussing about them not honouring it.
not fussing that they won't honor it…

I am fussing that they did not provide a honest and accurate explanation as to why the order was cancelled.
Old 06-01-07, 08:25 AM

Didn't place any orders during this glitch, but fully agree with those who would like a valid response. It's not hard to have an e-mail handy (like the one they did send out) that simply states "Due to a pricing error..."

It's all just PR. They don't want to outwardly state that a mistake was made on their part.

I don't think anyone's upset the orders didn't go through, only upset that DDD.com didn't admit it was their fault.
Old 06-01-07, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mayorofsmpleton
Didn't place any orders during this glitch, but fully agree with those who would like a valid response. It's not hard to have an e-mail handy (like the one they did send out) that simply states "Due to a pricing error..."

It's all just PR. They don't want to outwardly state that a mistake was made on their part.

I don't think anyone's upset the orders didn't go through, only upset that DDD.com didn't admit it was their fault.
Exactly, I did not ONCE say that I was angry they didn't honor the prices. I just asked them to give me an honest answer. They did, and I am now happy and will continue to buy from them.