DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Ultimate Superman Collection FYE.com $31.21 + tax (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/501893-ultimate-superman-collection-fye-com-%2431-21-tax.html)

Altimus Prime 05-29-07 03:09 PM

What about just going to an FYE store? Is this also the in-store price? Can you do an in-store pickup?

averageguy 05-29-07 03:32 PM

I tried going into the store today and it was 99.99 regular price on sale for 79.99

Phibes 05-29-07 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vermiknid
They just canceled my order. Anybody else?

Not yet...still "processing."

psychopuppet420 05-29-07 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
What about just going to an FYE store? Is this also the in-store price? Can you do an in-store pickup?

I called and asked what the price was its $74.99 in store at FYE and Suncoast.
They won't price match website prices I've asked and tried before.

My experiences with Best Buy is they will not match a website price unless its the same at the B&M FYE store.
My Best Buy actually calls the store to confirm that price and if they have the item in stock.

Misery 05-29-07 03:36 PM

Got my set for $29.78 with discount shipping and coupon code.Also got email saying it's on "backorder".

surfingelectrod 05-29-07 03:36 PM

Backordered.

Sweet Baby James 05-29-07 03:36 PM

It's back down to $31.21, but it's now on backorder.

exharrison 05-29-07 03:49 PM

Mine is still processing....

Bird Boy 05-29-07 04:07 PM

And now it's $8 on Deep Discount. I ordered one just for the hell of it (make a nice gift at some point), even though I have the original release. Highly doubt if DD will honor it though.

-BB

Phibes 05-29-07 04:12 PM

N 4 1 @ DDD :D

WB cancelled mine and has yet to reinstate. I may find myself swimming in them if all these come through! ;)

Phibes 05-29-07 04:16 PM

I wonder if somebody is hacking sites today? Noticed that Hannibal Rising was on DDD's frontpage for $1.91!?! after I completed my Superman Ult. order.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...tegoryId=69324
R-rated version though possibly.

sotra 05-29-07 04:33 PM

OOps....do you think I overdid it? :)

Spiderbite 05-29-07 04:35 PM

Looks like DDD is completely offline right now.

DrPrimo 05-29-07 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Looks like DDD is completely offline right now.

They're probably getting pounded from FW and the like, since pans labyrinth and the fountain (and probably other titles) were super cheap and posted there.

ltrain 05-29-07 05:20 PM

I gave it a shot at FYE.com even though it's listed as backordered. $30.06 after tax and 10% coupon discount. Thanks OP and db27 for the heads up!

reubs82 05-29-07 05:41 PM

Little late on this one it looks like. Oh well. Thanks to the OP for the heads up on this one, though.

6669 05-29-07 05:48 PM

I just got it to work on fye.com, but still backordered.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 05-29-07 06:05 PM

In the unlikely event I get this, $21.21 shipped

Murmur 05-29-07 06:21 PM

With all of the problems everyone is having I decided to stop by my local CC on my way home. Nada. I decide, what the heck BB is just around the corner. I stop in there with a printout of the FYE.com page showing the Superman Collection for $31.21 and find one there (at $99.99). Before even picking the set up I ask one of the clerk if they would match FYE. He told me as long as they were within 20 miles of the store they would price match. So I go back, pick up the set and head to another cashier (the one I originally asked was busy). However, she overheard my conversation and knew what was going on. She scans the set in and comments on the price difference. She checks my printout, verifies the title, upc code and enters the new price. However, she needs an override from a manager because of the price difference. After a few minutes of looking for a manager, she finds one, and explains what is going on. The manager then takes my printout, goes over to another phone and is on the phone for a few minutes. At this point I figured, "I gave it a shot....". The manager comes back, enters a code and wallah!! Out the door for $33.08 after tax. However, with the price drop this set has been taking lately, I should have waited....they may soon be paying us to take it. =)

head dvd nut 05-29-07 06:57 PM

I ordered mine around lunchtime today, still have yet to get a confirmation. I checked the order status and it shows "processing". If i get it, great; if not, that'll make the wife happy(says I spend WAY too much on DVDs).

Sweet Baby James 05-29-07 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bird Boy
And now it's $8 on Deep Discount. I ordered one just for the hell of it (make a nice gift at some point), even though I have the original release. Highly doubt if DD will honor it though.

-BB

It's back up to $74.89!

Spiral Staircase 05-29-07 07:08 PM

My order still says "processing." A temp charge from FYE just showed up on my credit card.

thomkai 05-29-07 07:32 PM

Hmm... I've ashamedly never seen any Superman movies. Is $30 a good deal on this? Seems to be in comparison to other sites. I just don't have a lot of money right now. What to do :/

edit: ah heck, it's a dvd talk collector's series and it's 14 discs. That's like $2.15 a disc, and I think like $6 a movie. I'm in for one! Thanks OP :D

tophrman 05-29-07 08:07 PM

just received an email saying my order has been canceled

mayorofsmpleton 05-29-07 08:22 PM

What reason was posted in the e-mail for the cancellation?

I can't imagine it's the price... because it's still like that on their site... so why wouldn't they fix THAT then cancel orders...?

Weird.