Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

"Ichi The Killer" (2-Disc Blood Pack)...any chance for in-store?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

"Ichi The Killer" (2-Disc Blood Pack)...any chance for in-store?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-07, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got mine yesterday and I agree the packaging pretty much sucks.
The discs difficult to remove, but I think I hate the outer case more. It's cheap flimsy plastic with a big hole in the center. They should have gone the route of "Saw" and at least put the blood pack inside a keepcase.
Old 06-23-07, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I'm gonna write to Media Blasters and complain.
Anyone who happens to do so, would you mind posting a response from them if you happen to get it?

Much like the others, while I found the idea of the package to be cool - the execution was undeniably frustrating and slightly ruined both of my discs. Unfortunately the local Best Buy's around here have a rigid policy regarding returns and even then, this is probably skirting the line on it as far as returns go.

I'm really disappointed, not by the film itself (I'd been waiting for a release like this - without the thought toward kooky packaging - in order to finally see the film) and this ordeal kinda cheapened the enjoyment for me, especially since the actual film disc took the brunt of the beating and skipped a bit throughout.

If any companies out there borrow this exact style, they deserve to be collectively beaten. Putting the discs in a safer and more forgiving package would have been a serious blessing.
Old 12-07-07, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by scott1598
thanks, but what about a image compare to new verison?
Here it is:

http://caps-a-holic.com/vergleich.php?vergleichID=301
Old 07-04-08, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I decided to watch the movie tonight, only to find that some of the "blood" liquid leaked out a little bit. I'm a little worried about putting these discs in any of my players. Has anyone else had any issues with the discs?
Old 07-04-08, 11:59 PM

Hah. I work at BB and was granted an end cap to place my favorite films on and decided to place Ichi The Killer on it - the blood bag edition. After another employee scoped out the picks, he naturally was attracted to the strange looking blood pack. So, I convinced him to pick it up. I'll have to ask him how the package opening went.
Old 07-05-08, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah the packaging is annoying and dumb/gimmicky. Still, the dvd is pretty awesome. The blood pack is basically what finally convinced me to get and watch this movie and I'm glad I did because it ended up being my favorite Miike film.
Old 07-05-08, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I cleaned the discs and they work fine, but now I have them in a white slip inside the blood pack. Love the overall design, still.