Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Seinfeld, Family Guy, Futurama, King of Queens and others $10.99 after MIR at FYE B&M

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Seinfeld, Family Guy, Futurama, King of Queens and others $10.99 after MIR at FYE B&M

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-07, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by db27
As promised, here you go

Awesome post. Thanks.
Old 05-30-07, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollow Man
I had almost the same problem when I asked about rebates, so I walked out of the store. Especially the answer I got was that the rebates were $10, which is not what the original poster stated.

So my question is this: are the Seinfeld sets $24.99 with a $13 rebate, as the OP said, or is the rebate only $10, which is what the FYE employee, who made me feel like a dumbasss for even asking, told me?

-HM
Seinfeld S7 was stickered at 49.99 and she wouldn't believe me until we scanned it and the rebate printed out. She showed me this huge paper booklet that was supposed to show all the sales for that store and went into an explanation that our store was an urban store or not or a free standing or maybe a Suncoast deal, etc., to explain why she was so sure. I think the problem is not the employees so much as the central management. Anyway, got the $14 rebate and the 23.99 price. So, keep trying.
Old 05-30-07, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Got Futurama 1-3 (already had 4).
To verify, I can send in the UPC attached to the little paper episode listing, or the one on the back plastic? I'd much rather do that than cut up the box.
Old 05-30-07, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dtcarson
Got Futurama 1-3 (already had 4).
To verify, I can send in the UPC attached to the little paper episode listing, or the one on the back plastic? I'd much rather do that than cut up the box.
YES

You may send any version of the barcode including the price sticker that says "our price" or the paper piece you speak of, or cut your box (which is crazy!)
Old 05-30-07, 08:30 PM

Uh, was in a hurry so I sent in my rebate already for Seinfeld S7 and as I was putting the DVD box away, noticed that I was holding S8. There is going to be a rebate (at least on line for preorder) for $24, so now I have to go back and get S7 and send the rebate to the office since it will look like I am getting two season 7 rebates. The thing is, is that the clerk gave me this box because the S7 was a little bent and I was looking for another--so she just grabbed this box and showed me it wasn't bent and then took it to demagnitize it and popped it in my bag. I am surprised. Too bad I didn't notice it--oh well, can't return it since the sticker is gone. I think they both must be gray or something. So, I got the preorder price without having to do the rebate.
Old 05-30-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mekeez
Uh, was in a hurry so I sent in my rebate already for Seinfeld S7 and as I was putting the DVD box away, noticed that I was holding S8. There is going to be a rebate (at least on line for preorder) for $24, so now I have to go back and get S7 and send the rebate to the office since it will look like I am getting two season 7 rebates. The thing is, is that the clerk gave me this box because the S7 was a little bent and I was looking for another--so she just grabbed this box and showed me it wasn't bent and then took it to demagnitize it and popped it in my bag. I am surprised. Too bad I didn't notice it--oh well, can't return it since the sticker is gone. I think they both must be gray or something. So, I got the preorder price without having to do the rebate.

I imagine they will let you return it, since they were legally not supposed to let you buy it yet! Doesn't come out till the 5th.
Old 05-30-07, 08:49 PM

i just called sunday matane (owned by transworld entertainment just like fye and sam goody) and they said that the oliver stone collection was on sale for 34.99 but there was no rebate. what do you think i should do? i could do the return for the same item at a different store like F.Y.E. and possibly it would work.
Old 05-30-07, 09:26 PM

I imagine they will let you return it, since they were legally not supposed to let you buy it yet! Doesn't come out till the 5th.
All I see is that it would be trouble for her when she was trying to do a good job. It comes out the same (although I wasn't going to be getting S8 so soon) since I won't be getting a rebate on it. The only reason to try to return it is to wait another year or two for a better price. This way it is out of my hair until I have to wait for S9 to come down in price. It was an error that neither of us saw. BTW I have been to the Soup Nazi while he was still actually open, but last weekend went to one of the franchises in NYC and had the lobster bisque, fruit, chocolate, and bread and it was good. Surprised me, too.
Old 05-31-07, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JAYARE
i just called sunday matane (owned by transworld entertainment just like fye and sam goody) and they said that the oliver stone collection was on sale for 34.99 but there was no rebate. what do you think i should do? i could do the return for the same item at a different store like F.Y.E. and possibly it would work.

If I were placing bets, those employees of saturday matinee have no clue about the rebate sale which seems to be a widespread lack of communication from poor mgmt in stores. Go buy it ring it up, if it doesn't print out, return it.

I believe ALL TWEC stores are running these rebates.
Old 05-31-07, 09:21 AM

If I were placing bets, those employees of saturday matinee have no clue about the rebate sale which seems to be a widespread lack of communication from poor mgmt in stores. Go buy it ring it up, if it doesn't print out, return it.

I also was told there was no rebate after the Suncoast clerk was surprised these were even on sale. Said, no it wasn't until the rebate slip printed. I told her there were even more tv collections on sale. Said "thanks" would look into it.

BTW the rebate is 13 or 14 depending on the price of the item in a given store--they all come out to a 10.xx net
Old 05-31-07, 07:22 PM

i just went into fye and asked them to print the rebate and they did. 13 movies for $10 is a great deal.
Old 06-02-07, 12:35 PM

Simpsons 1,2,3

I was in FYE last night and the list they showed me did not have Simpsons S1,2,3 or Will&Grace S1,2,3 or King of Queens 1,2,3,4 on it. DB27's list has these on it. Does anyone know for sure if these are part of the rebate ? Has anyone gotten the rebate on one of these ?

On the plus side, last week when I was picking up sets from the table, they had Simpsons 8, 9 there. When I noticed no rebate printed out for those two (I had a total of 12 so did not notice right away), I went back and they corrected the prices down to $8.99 for me (BSP).
Old 06-02-07, 04:25 PM

My $7 rebate for Barnyard which I sent out around the holidays arrived a couple weeks ago. Funny, then the place was called Wherehouse when I sent it out and now it's FYE.

Last edited by danganet; 06-02-07 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-03-07, 12:02 AM
Cool New Member

This might be a stupid question, but since it is a mail-in rebate I'll ask it to all the old pros here.

When writing the address down on an envelope, do you include all of the info up to the P.O. Box number (such as DVD REBATE, TWEC, etc) on one line or spread it out over a couple? Just want to make sure before I email it out myself. Thanks!
Old 06-03-07, 12:45 AM

I had two lines written above the PO Box. I did that once before for a FYE rebate with no problems.
Old 06-03-07, 02:30 AM
HTN

Even though some of the titles are old transfers and movie-only editions, I'm surprised the Oliver Stone set isn't receiving more discussions. The last time this set went on sale back in Dec. 2006 during their Deal of the Day for $15AR, it was sold out online by mid-afternoon the same day.
Old 06-03-07, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by williamjf
I was in FYE last night and the list they showed me did not have Simpsons S1,2,3 or Will&Grace S1,2,3 or King of Queens 1,2,3,4 on it. DB27's list has these on it. Does anyone know for sure if these are part of the rebate ? Has anyone gotten the rebate on one of these ?

On the plus side, last week when I was picking up sets from the table, they had Simpsons 8, 9 there. When I noticed no rebate printed out for those two (I had a total of 12 so did not notice right away), I went back and they corrected the prices down to $8.99 for me (BSP).

King of Queens 1-7 and Will & Grace 1-4 are both part of the deal. The rebates will print automatically. Did you attempt to purchase them? You got lucky with the Simpsons 8 & 9 for $9.99. They are not part of the rebate deal, only seasons 1-6.
Old 06-03-07, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently a "no go" at Suncoast... I bought MANY of the titles on this page, and after I paid, there were NO rebates that printed. And as stated above, several titles were $34.99 or more. I'm still going to keep Futurama and Simpsons seasons and a few other things, since with my Backstage Pass and it being my birthday, I got them for $16 each (and had a gift card). But most of my stuff is going back...
Old 06-03-07, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mekeez
I also was told there was no rebate after the Suncoast clerk was surprised these were even on sale. Said, no it wasn't until the rebate slip printed. I told her there were even more tv collections on sale. Said "thanks" would look into it.

BTW the rebate is 13 or 14 depending on the price of the item in a given store--they all come out to a 10.xx net
Are you saying the rebate slip DID print for you at Suncoast? If so, what did you buy? I bought 13 items from the above list, and no rebate printed...
Old 06-03-07, 09:53 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by ltrain
King of Queens 1-7 and Will & Grace 1-4 are both part of the deal. The rebates will print automatically. Did you attempt to purchase them? You got lucky with the Simpsons 8 & 9 for $9.99. They are not part of the rebate deal, only seasons 1-6.
Thanks. I will give them a try. On the Simpsons 8 & 9, they decided that since they had them on that table they would give them to me for $9.99.
Old 06-08-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Are you saying the rebate slip DID print for you at Suncoast? If so, what did you buy? I bought 13 items from the above list, and no rebate printed...
I drove 30 minutes to the nearest FYE and bought my 13 titles there, and returned the other ones to Suncoast. $165 in rebates! They better not lose this one in the mail! I scanned a PDF of the form and UPC's as proof...
Old 06-09-07, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mailed in 3 separate rebates for 3 sets on May 28th and received e-mails stating they were all received and approved this morning, June 8th. No complaints from me! Also I just pealed off the yellow FYE sticker and stuck that on the rebate form. No box cutting.
Old 06-09-07, 08:34 PM
Cool New Member

how are guys sending in your rebate? i got family guy v3 and v4 and only one rebate form printed out with 2 receipt. should i send rebate for v3 and v4 in one envelope or v3 in one envelope and v4 in another separate envelope?
Old 06-09-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Both should be listed on your rebate form. Just tick them both off, fill out your details, scan both UPCs (stickers) and the rebate form, put it in an envelope, address it, stamp it and mail it.
Old 06-10-07, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Im glad the clerk peeled off the sticker for me and placed it on the rebate form... I was worried I would have had to cut the box to my Oliver Stone Collection to get my rebate...

10 bucks for all those movies, you cant beat that

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.