DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Circuit City Prices: May 27 - June 2, 2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/501017-circuit-city-prices-may-27-june-2-2007-a.html)

Groucho 05-21-07 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I wonder why they are selling Mario Party 8 $10 cheaper than SRP. Typo?

I was wondering the same thing.

Also, this is interesting:

Guaranteed In Store Wednesday 5/30/07 at 2 PM or receive a $20 Gift Card // Offer valid this week only for select video game New Releases on the advertised release day from 2 PM until the close of business // In store only
Sounds like somebody could come into the store at the end of the day, check all the titles covered by this guarantee, and if any are sold out collect a $20 gift card!

Judremy 05-21-07 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Sounds like somebody could come into the store at the end of the day, check all the titles covered by this guarantee, and if any are sold out collect a $20 gift card!

Nope, people tried that on digg a few weeks ago when Super Paper Mario came out and the guarantee is that they will get a shipment of them and that the shipment will be there by 2 PM. Doesn't say anything about how many there will be or that you are guaranteed a copy.

speedy1961 05-21-07 12:01 PM

I wonder why they are selling Mario Party 8 $10 cheaper than SRP. Typo?

Thanks speedy.

No typo by me.... whew!

"Save $10 >>>> $39.99 >>>> Reg. $49.99"

Michael Corvin 05-21-07 12:42 PM

Cool. I didn't think so as you are always right on. Just unusual for a first week release... and a high profile one at that.

Michael Corvin 05-21-07 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho

Nope. People on the net have been bitching about that. There is a fine line apparently. As long as they have some in stock at the guaranteed time, they aren't required to give you a gift card. Meaning, if they sell out after 2pm you are S.O.L.

So to even have a chance at the gift card you have to be there at 2. I've read people have had success with it, but heading out to CC during the workday doesn't seem worth it for a possible chance at $20.

speedy1961 05-21-07 01:30 PM

Cool. I didn't think so as you are always right on. Just unusual for a first week release... and a high profile one at that.

I suspect that they're:

A) Trying to get back in the good graces of the buying public

B) Trying to take it directly to Best Buy that weekend. So far, the CC ad looks a LOT stronger than the Best Buy one.

Karman 05-21-07 01:57 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like retailers are all of a sudden clearing their shelves of Star Wars discs? First Costco and now this. Hummm....

sakurajade 05-23-07 10:29 PM

Me and my Dad love Circuit City's $9.99 CD sales, so we'll definitely be heading over there on Sunday. Thanks speedy!

Roger Lococco 05-24-07 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Yes...... buy it so you too can see it all it's awfulness ;) (and I won't be alone in owning it!).

I believe there's additional Rosario nudity in it,well worth 10 bucks,I'd say.:clap:

Goldberg74 05-24-07 09:06 PM

I'll be there for a copy of Mario Party 8! :up:

BMan100 05-26-07 03:00 PM

Holy moly, The Mummy: The Franchise Collection & The Riddick Trilogy for $20? Don't have these films... YET. That's a deal!

greatmuta3 05-26-07 03:07 PM

What $19.99 free games are listed when you buy Forza Motorsport 2?

cloudspear 05-26-07 05:14 PM

can u tell what the out the door price for Buffalo Technology AirStation G54 Router will be tomorrow? thank you very much

FangsFirst 05-26-07 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Care to elaborate?

I wasn't going to at first, since I was going to chance holding off until Sunday, but I bought it in advance to be safe. It was my local store's copy of Beast Wars Season 1, which does not SEEM to be OOP, but it is ridiculously expensive at Amazon (and 3rd parties claim it IS oop), DD doesn't list it, and other sites are similarly expensive.

(I was still under the impression it was OOP, hence not wanting to tip off anyone in my area who could then swipe the last copy)

PS: I also probably would've responded after your post, but I only just saw it :S

speedy1961 05-27-07 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by cloudspear
can u tell what the out the door price for Buffalo Technology AirStation G54 Router will be tomorrow? thank you very much

$49.99 + Tax = Out Door Price

$20 Mail In Rebates are available.

speedy1961 05-27-07 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by greatmuta3

None

See your local store for what's available

RustyOrgan 05-27-07 05:51 PM

...picked up a bunch of the $10 games

BMan100 05-28-07 10:53 AM

Went to Circuit City early yesterday and they had a lot of The Mummy: The Franchise Collection but only one of the The Riddick Trilogy. Got them both! Thanks again!

speedy1961 05-28-07 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by BMan100
Went to Circuit City early yesterday and they had a lot of The Mummy: The Franchise Collection but only one of the The Riddick Trilogy. Got them both! Thanks again!

Mine was the same way!

Good to hear you scored!

Xbox69 05-29-07 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by greatmuta3

It does say $19.99 Xbox 360 game. Do those even exist? I always thought the lowest MSRP (usually after a price drop) 360 game was $29.99. :hscratch: None are pictured or listed.

About the "guaranteed" time. It does state guaranteed in-store 2 p.m.. Does not mention by 2 p.m. I guess if the game arrives before, like at 12:30 or 1 o'clock, they wouldn't be able to sell it, right? BB's ad states by 2 p.m. No guarantee, just availability. They could conceivably have them in at noon and sell out which would qualify as by 2 p.m.

Just something else to think about before tomorrow.

speedy1961 05-29-07 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Xbox69
It does say $19.99 Xbox 360 game. Do those even exist? I always thought the lowest MSRP (usually after a price drop) 360 game was $29.99. :hscratch: None are pictured or listed.

About the "guaranteed" time. It does state guaranteed in-store 2 p.m.. Does not mention by 2 p.m. I guess if the game arrives before, like at 12:30 or 1 o'clock, they wouldn't be able to sell it, right? BB's ad states by 2 p.m. No guarantee, just availability. They could conceivably have them in at noon and sell out which would qualify as by 2 p.m.

Just something else to think about before tomorrow.

The folks over at CAG have been listing known $19.99 XBOX 360 games in my duplicate thread over there.

They are not supposed to start selling their "guaranteed" games until 2 PM.

lordwow 05-29-07 02:57 PM

The big $19.99 game I can think of is Table Tennis, but there are a few other ones that are mediocre at best.

Also: Arcade Unplugged is $19.99

devilshalo 05-29-07 04:25 PM

Thanks Speedy.. picked up Gangs of London and Loco Roco for my PSP.

scarredgod 05-30-07 01:56 PM

i found none of the 9.99 video games at my cc store. there was no bin and none on the racks.

we asked the guy for resident evil 4 and he looked in the rack and said we dont have and wont be getting it!? sale started yesterday, what do you mean not getting it, so i asked him to look it up on the computer. he said we cant do that anymore, its a new system. so CC cannot look up their in-stock inventory anymore? is this really true?

so i asked for a raincheck and they said, they dont give them on movies and video games, so i asked for a manager and finally they gave in and gave me a raincheck.

i doubt they will be getting Resident Evil 4 in, i dont see it stocked at bb or walmart anymore either, but it felt like a small victory. would rather have the game though.

wilky61 06-02-07 04:04 PM

i just stopped by circuit city on this last day of the sale, bought these for $10 each. very pleased with this purchase:

blood diamond
star wars IV: a new hope (2D LE)
star wars V: empire strikes back (2D LE)
star wars IV: return of the jedi (2D LE)