DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Is this expired now?
Old 05-24-07, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by tanman
Is this expired now?
Is what expired? I posted a code for Barnes & Noble (thanks to LASERMOVIES) that worked for me (R4J6J7P - members; A9B3H6J - non-members). Dunno if the non-members code works, though.

Speaking of Circuit City, are any DVDs available for in-store pickup? Seems like all the DVDs can only be shipped...

Last edited by TheMovieman; 05-24-07 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-24-07, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well this arrived via UPS today.............loose disc and the Flags case broken in two spots. Just when you think you find a great deal. What's strange is the Letters 2 disc has the first disc with the extra flapper thing holding it in while the Flags 2 disc has them seperated, one on the left where the booklets go and the other in the standard right side. Flags also was the only one with a sticker to remove and was shrink wrapped by itself. Yeah it looks like the upper right hand side of the box took a major hit enroute. Luckily the disc looks OK, no scratches, and it still fits back into the holder even though 2 of the pieces are broken. This was my first online order from B&N, has anyone else had packaging problems with them?
Old 05-24-07, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I ordered the Superman 14-disc set from them with no loose discs or damage at all. Could be you got some bad luck and someone either at UPS or the BN distribution dropped the package...
Old 05-24-07, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ericmylad
Well this arrived via UPS today.............loose disc and the Flags case broken in two spots. Just when you think you find a great deal. What's strange is the Letters 2 disc has the first disc with the extra flapper thing holding it in while the Flags 2 disc has them seperated, one on the left where the booklets go and the other in the standard right side. Flags also was the only one with a sticker to remove and was shrink wrapped by itself. Yeah it looks like the upper right hand side of the box took a major hit enroute. Luckily the disc looks OK, no scratches, and it still fits back into the holder even though 2 of the pieces are broken. This was my first online order from B&N, has anyone else had packaging problems with them?

With the exception of one order I've had everything arrive in excellent shape from B&N. The only order I ever had a problem with was with one of the latest James Bond box sets. One of the DVD cases was broken, and the disc was loose and scratched. Fortunately since I live near a B&N store I was able to easily exchange it for a replacement. If you live near a brick and mortar store I would suggest returning it for a new copy.
Old 05-25-07, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Is what expired? I posted a code for Barnes & Noble (thanks to LASERMOVIES) that worked for me (R4J6J7P - members; A9B3H6J - non-members). Dunno if the non-members code works, though.

Speaking of Circuit City, are any DVDs available for in-store pickup? Seems like all the DVDs can only be shipped...

Hm...I tried both of the codes but it isn't pulling the sale price up. It just states that the code is expired. I haven't tried the members code with a member number in it though.

Does anyone know if you can only tie one account per member number or can you just put a member number in the box. I have one available to use but don't want to tie it to my account.
Old 05-25-07, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not a BN member, but I picked it up with one of the 10% off one item coupons they sent me yesterday. It was $33.05 with tax and free shipping.
Old 05-25-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well that was fast, ordered it yesterday afternoon, and it got delivered around 9 AM
Old 05-25-07, 09:29 AM

I've gone back and forth on this set so many times. Someone convince me to get this. I love war movies, but I haven't seen either, $35 for a blind buy, how are the special features.

Also, June 1, the AAA discount goes up to 10% for 15 days. What are the odds this set is still $34.99 by then?
Old 05-25-07, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lordwow
I'm not a BN member, but I picked it up with one of the 10% off one item coupons they sent me yesterday. It was $33.05 with tax and free shipping.
And I ordered it Wednesday and it's scheduled for delivery on Tuesday... No big deal, but interesting that one takes almost no time and others a few days longer.
Old 05-25-07, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
And I ordered it Wednesday and it's scheduled for delivery on Tuesday... No big deal, but interesting that one takes almost no time and others a few days longer.
I generally get stuff about a day earlier now that I'm in the city than when I lived in the suburbs. But ya, this shipped out of NJ yesterday afternoon and was at my door at about 9 AM.
Old 05-25-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lordwow
I generally get stuff about a day earlier now that I'm in the city than when I lived in the suburbs. But ya, this shipped out of NJ yesterday afternoon and was at my door at about 9 AM.
Nice. Mine shipped from Nevada (I'm in Oregon), so maybe it'll get here Monday. I looked at the shipping track and it was "Rescheduled" (whatever that means) but departed this morning (from Nevada).

What I love is the billing info was received 5/23 (10:01pm), Origin Scan 5/24 (2:56pm), Departure Scan 5/25 (3:45am). Like I said, not a big deal waiting the weekend but I'm glad I didn't have to pay anything for shipping (of course, I shouldn't complain too much since it took DD nearly a month to get me a DVD I ordered from them).
Old 05-25-07, 04:18 PM

Just got mine today. This "Commemorative Collector's Edition" is nothing more than mere bundling of the three individual titles with a paper-thin slip-case thrown in. No booklet of any sort in any of the titles. If one does not care for owning the A&E documentary Heroes of Iwo Jima (the local library might carry it) and is not in a hurry to own the two feature films, the two two-disc feature film titles probably can be had for less than half the current the price of this Collector's Edition in a year time.
Old 05-25-07, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by tanman
Hm...I tried both of the codes but it isn't pulling the sale price up. It just states that the code is expired. I haven't tried the members code with a member number in it though.

Does anyone know if you can only tie one account per member number or can you just put a member number in the box. I have one available to use but don't want to tie it to my account.

You can only tie 1 account to the BN membership.

Additionally, from the information that I have, the A9B3H6J code EXPIRED 5/20 while the other R4J6J7P should not expire until 5/27. Now it may be limited to member only online so you would have to use it only with a member-tied account.
Old 05-25-07, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I ordered mine late on 5-23-07 so since I live in NYC I'm supposed to get same day shipping.

Problem was they didn't tell me it was out-of-stock locally so they shipped it out of Nevada on 5-25-07 and I should get it on 5-31-07.

Oh well, no big deal, I won't have time to watch it until after June 2nd anyway.
Old 05-27-07, 12:13 AM

Got one on Thursday. Thanks for the post!
Old 05-27-07, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Though I did not get this deal , I did buy Letters at the local store .
I must say it is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time .

I hate subtitles but I barely noticed them after a few minutes .

You feel like your involved in the events while watching the movie , which is hard for me to get into that feeling .

Both of these movies are top notch , anyone on the fence about them needs to jump off .

/end of movie review .