Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

extra 20% off crime & justice dvds at aetv (homicide complete series $96.65 shipped)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

extra 20% off crime & justice dvds at aetv (homicide complete series $96.65 shipped)

Old 05-16-07, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

link
Old 05-16-07, 11:58 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you find something else on sale and use Mastercard, you can get free shipping (which amounts to around $6). I added Highway to Heaven Season 1 for $11.99...know a flea market dealer I can trade or sell it to for $20+ in cash or merchandise. The way I figure it, you can just subtract $6 from the cost of the "filler item" to make it a real bargain (since you would have been out that much for shipping anyway). Ended up getting both for around $102 (Homicide was a little over $90...and this for seasons that used to sell individually for over $50 during DDD's semiannual 20% off sales!!!).

Fantastic deal on Homicide Set. The one I just ordered is for a gift since we already have it. It's the complete series + the concluding tv-movie and includes the Law & Order crossover episodes. All the seasons are packaged in a neat "filing cabinet"...very sturdy design and looks great on top of a bookcase.

Highly recommended. Thanks to the OP for the link (I had already gotten the 20% email & placed my order before checking here).
Old 05-16-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nuts. Just bought it from them for 101.32 shipped...
Old 05-16-07, 01:39 PM

reminder to everyone from the last post. A & E has possibly the best customer service i've dealt with. i bought it when it was "cheap" back at $130 shipped in the beginning of march from them. at the last price drop (around the 105 mark), i was able to call CS and they refunded me the $26 price difference. their return policy is 60 days, and i'm assuming you can do it within that time. if you have bought it recently and are willing to spend a few minutes on the phone, its worth a shot.

the first person i tried turned me down, but i called back later that night (and possibly a different shift) and the CS person did it for me right away!
Old 05-16-07, 03:58 PM

My order was cancelled

I placed my order and recieved a confirmation email. I checked my email a few minutes later and found this waiting for me.

--Thank you for your interest in A&E Home Video and The History Channel.

Unfortunately, Item # AH76122 - HOMICIDE 35PK DVD MEGASET, is no longer available for purchase. This may be due to a variety of reasons, most likely due to rights, clearance issues, or availability from the manufacturer. I have notified our technical team to remove this item from our online store.

Since this was the only item in your order, your order has been canceled and your credit card has not been billed. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards,

Ed
A&E Home Video
Customer Care Team--

Was this a price mistake or something? I seem to remember this set around this price before.
Old 05-16-07, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by borristheblade
I placed my order and recieved a confirmation email. I checked my email a few minutes later and found this waiting for me.

--Thank you for your interest in A&E Home Video and The History Channel.

Unfortunately, Item # AH76122 - HOMICIDE 35PK DVD MEGASET, is no longer available for purchase. This may be due to a variety of reasons, most likely due to rights, clearance issues, or availability from the manufacturer. I have notified our technical team to remove this item from our online store.

Since this was the only item in your order, your order has been canceled and your credit card has not been billed. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards,

Ed
A&E Home Video
Customer Care Team--

Was this a price mistake or something? I seem to remember this set around this price before.
That Sucks when they do this. Fye.com has done something like this to me before.

Old 05-16-07, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by vballboy51
reminder to everyone from the last post. A & E has possibly the best customer service i've dealt with.
Based on past experience, i'd have to strongly disagree. Wish I could remember the name of the fella who had an attitude..
Old 05-16-07, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had the nicest person in the world when I did call previously. Might try to get the $5 if I'm not feeling too lazy or it doesn't get removed.
Old 05-17-07, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Weird that it was cancelled. I just got an email with an offer for it.

For those looking for a filler item, God or the Girl is back down to 4.99.
Old 05-18-07, 04:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by starman9000
Weird that it was cancelled. I just got an email with an offer for it.

For those looking for a filler item, God or the Girl is back down to 4.99.
Yeah, that's what irritates me...when you get an email saying it's no longer available but it's still offered on their website for more people to mistakenly order. At least (according to the shipping email), they're not charging shipping for my filler item which I ordered to avoid shipping charges & I wanted it anyway for $11.99 (wish I had seen the Criss Angel set for $25 which expired yesterday, though).
Old 05-18-07, 12:44 PM

Just a heads-up: they have the Homicide Complete Series back in stock. I ordered one a couple of hours ago (because I noticed it was now coming back up when I searched for it, and showed IN STOCK status), and decided to call them to see if they did indeed get some more stock in. The guy said that they definitely did get more in, and verified my order while he was at it. I tried to get him to tell me how many more they had, but he said he couldn't give me an exact number.. he did go look in his system though, and said that they had 'quite a few' in stock now.. so if you want it, go get it!
Old 05-18-07, 01:21 PM

Hi,
I got this also:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting A&E Home Video and The History Channel.

Please accept our apologies for the error!

There was some issues with the copyrights to the HOMICIDE 35PK DVD MEGASET and we did have to discontinue the item from sale. This is why your the order was canceled.

We have since obtained the rights to sell this item and have placed it back on our website for purchase.

To place your order, simply visit our secure online store at www.ShopAETV.com. Using the search feature located at the top of the page, enter the title or item number and click "GO" to quickly locate and purchase the item. If you prefer you can also call our Order Department toll-free at 1-877-600-0156.

I do apologize for any inconvenience!

Regards,

A&E Home Video
Customer Care Team
Old 05-18-07, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the heads-up geminix and disneyguy - ordered the set and Highway to Heaven: S1, for $102.xx shipped (used MC). Of course, I already have all but one season of Homicide, but I guess now they'll go on the trading block. (Oh, and my co-worker thanks you, too.... he bought the set through this promo as well!)
Old 05-18-07, 02:57 PM

If the DD 20% off sale is indeed coming soon, this set will be $86.95. Of course this is assuming they don't jack the price up.
Old 05-18-07, 09:16 PM
Banned

Yeah, geminix & Disneyguy...my thanks, too. Re-ordered along with another Hwy to Hvn S.1...can still use it & didn't feel like calling them up to try to get them to send Homicide w/ free shipping since they had canceled the earlier order (but still placed the earlier order for Hwy to Hvn). Well, at least they didn't charge me for shipping the earlier set. Thanks again for the heads up!

Last edited by creekdipper; 05-18-07 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-19-07, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by drpie
If the DD 20% off sale is indeed coming soon, this set will be $86.95. Of course this is assuming they don't jack the price up.
Also assuming they have the sale, with the new change over who knows..
DG