DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   "old" X Files @ Costco - $23.39 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/496836-old-x-files-%40-costco-%2423-39-a.html)

DVDMagic 04-04-07 06:25 AM

Where and when can I get a hold of that? Do you know any specs on it?

wowbagger 04-04-07 01:48 PM

Does anyone know if Fox plans to ever go to the slimline cases with the Simpsons seasons?

laidbacklarkin 04-04-07 11:21 PM

Got S4-S9 with the exception of S8. Gotta scope out a coupla other Costcos in the area. thanks, OP

BTW, the R2 slim packages from U.K contain those extra discs everyone is looking for. I got these from Amazon.uk. Dunno why the R1 release dont have them.

EDIT: Found S8 at the other Costco. Unfortunately it may cost me over $400 in a traffic violation. Darn !!

MickeyMousePal 04-06-07 05:10 PM

Looks like Fry's Electronic has all season sets of X-Flies for $19.99. It's possible they can be both the slim or old sets. It really depends what Fry's you go to.

ianholm 04-06-07 06:56 PM

Saw these at Costco today and picked up the last two sets I was missing. Great deal!

JB7 04-06-07 07:04 PM

Fry's website has them for $18.99. Season 1,2,7,8,9. The limit is 99 per household. But shipping

They look to be the slim sets though.

smackattack 04-06-07 09:09 PM

so the "old" versions are not in slim packs and have an extra disc? The fullerton costco had the slim packs. I had them in my cart and at the register when i found out the person who had me on their card kicked me to the curb. I guess it worked in my favor with the frys deal today, ill have to check that out.

What on the extra disks on the "old version" The ones i had listed a bunch of extras like deleted or alternate scenes and commentaries.

--------------------
edit:
nevermind, i went to frys tonight and saw the "new" slim version sans extra disc.

had all 9 seasons in my cart (got the last season 8 they had) guess its $200 i dont need to spend as im not going to chase it down now or join costco just to do it. Im sure now id never get all the seasons. Good deal for those that can get it.

basaro 04-07-07 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by basaro
I have a friend looking for me, thanks for the info. I'd rather have these original sets, rather than the new slims. It's the only thing that stopped me from getting the slims for roughly 2/$25 at dvdplanet a few months ago. Hope I can find these.

My friend got me 2-5, so I'm still looking for 1 and 6. If anyone has those and wants to do a trade for 2-5 or 7, I am sure I can have him pick up extras.

Thanks OP :D

TheMovieman 04-07-07 05:24 PM

Well, went to my Costco today and all but season 3 (and only 1 copy) were gone. Was hoping they'd get more in to pick up season 8 although since that's was a Duchovny-less (IIRC) season, no big deal missing it, but I'd like to have them all...

Chip718 04-09-07 03:46 PM

I just picked up season 2-8 at the Costco on Rt. 110 in Farmingdale, NY.

ob1ob 04-12-07 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Alex-W
the old sets (except for season 6 7 and 8) have an extra disc (2 for season 9) of extras

So does that mean Seasons 6, 7, and 8 of the slimsets have the same exact content (bonus features, documentaries, etc.) as the Collector's Edition version? It does not list these features on the package like it does for the big sets. I was under the impression that none of the slimsets had all of the bonus features as the big sets, like the "Truth About... documentaries.

I already had 1-6 of Collector's Editions and bought 7-9 at Fry's for $18.99 not realizing the slimsets were different. After I found out they didn't have the bonus features and saw this thread, I got 7 & 9 at Costco. I've been driving all over to different Costo's looking for season 8. I plan to return the ones from Fry's.

xdonniex 04-13-07 10:45 AM

Beltsville, MD Costco had 2 to 4 copies of each season except Season 1. I bought the last copy they had out (which doesn't mean they didn't have other copies elsewhere).

I had the slim case releases but it always bugged me that I was missing the extras. I picked up all 9 seasons and promptly put my unopened slim cases for sale.

Chip718 04-13-07 12:02 PM

Finally managed to score all seasons of the collectors ed.

digitalmanAZ 04-13-07 05:54 PM

Thanks OP.

Picked up Seasons 3, 7, 8, 9. Had the S3 Slimcase but will get rid of that. Never thought I would get a good Collector's Edition price for the tail end of the series.

smurr05 04-13-07 07:53 PM

thanks op-
picked up 1-7. they had 2 copies of each season in stock at my costco.
thinking about going back for 8 & 9!

DVDMagic 04-13-07 09:49 PM

glad I was able to help so many out. From a collection point of view, even thought the last couple of seasons weren't the best, I still think for this price they are definitely worth it.

smackattack 04-19-07 12:12 AM

took 4 costco's but i finally liberated the whole set again (after having the whole set in my cart last week and having someone mess with me being activated on the business account)

For those searching in north OC/ south LA country. Dont waste your time with la habra costco, they are wiped out. The downey (? off the 605 at firestone) and the la puente costcos had a decent amount left.

kunert 04-20-07 10:46 AM

I'm sure it will get covered in one of the Fry's threads, but the thin sets can be had for $13.99 today only (in Sacramento/Roseville anyway), at Fry's or somewhere that will price match their ad.

TheMovieman 04-26-07 10:00 AM

My Costco got more in at some point and had one Season 8 set left so picked it up to complete my collection.

edstein 08-03-07 09:58 PM

Sorry to bump an old deal thread but, I does anyone know where I can pick up seasons 7-9 of the old sets not the thinpaks? The bestbuy coupon is still valid but they are out of the old sets.

ScissorPuppy 08-04-07 11:37 AM

The Collectors set of season 8 and 9 are still on Best Buys website, you can check for an instore pick up and see if anyone around you has it. Season 7 is gonna be alittle harder to find, at best buy atleast.

bloopbleep 08-04-07 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard

bump any link?

ScissorPuppy 08-05-07 12:13 PM

Is that from another region or something new?

edstein 08-05-07 03:33 PM

That's from Brazil I believe.