Reload this Page >

KMart Multi-Disc Inspirational Epics $9.99

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 03-31-07, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

KMart's April 1-8 flyer shows the 3 disc TEN COMMANDMENTS ANNIVERSARY EDITION and THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST DEFINITIVE EDITION (2 discs) for $9.99 each.
Old 03-31-07, 11:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gah. I knew I should've waited before buying that $14 used copy of Passion Definitive. When it didn't turn up at Costco this Easter season, I figured I was in the clear. Oh well. Go get these great editions of these great films, folks!
Old 04-01-07, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just as a headsup, the Passion of the Christ pictured is NOT the one that is actually on sale. I spoke with the store manager at my local K-Mart and she out right refused to sell me the Definitive Edition DVD for $9.99. Even going as far to say that the one pictures in the ad wasn't what I had in my hands because it didn't have a "special features" sticker on it. Luckily Best Buy did a price match for me.
Old 04-01-07, 02:35 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

"K-Mart sucks."
Old 04-01-07, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe

"K-Mart sucks."
Should have seen it coming, but didn't. Thank you.
Old 04-01-07, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was also able to price match at Best Buy, so this may be the way to go. I'd complain, though.
Old 04-02-07, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by ThePhantomGoat
Just as a headsup, the Passion of the Christ pictured is NOT the one that is actually on sale. I spoke with the store manager at my local K-Mart and she out right refused to sell me the Definitive Edition DVD for $9.99. Even going as far to say that the one pictures in the ad wasn't what I had in my hands because it didn't have a "special features" sticker on it. Luckily Best Buy did a price match for me.
Our Super K-Mart had the Definitive Edition of "The Passion of the Christ" on sale for $9.99 as pictured in the ad, with sale tags on the shelf, so your store manager was dead wrong.

But they did not have any copies of "The Ten Commandments" (or of the other advertised DVD, "Ben-Hur"). When asked, I was told that they "might" be in Tuesday.

When K-Mart doesn't even have advertised items in stock, it's small wonder they're having problems.

I was amazed that I had no trouble finding a parking place right in front of the store Sunday.

To see a store this large have so few customers on a busy Sunday afternoon (the Walmart down the street was packed) was a shocker.
Old 04-02-07, 01:38 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts
I have never had a good experience at a K-mart. I went there today just to get the flyer for pricematching. I knew that they would not have the DVDs, the chance of finding anything that you go in looking for is maybe .1%. They did not have a single regular flyer in the store. I found one spanish version flyer and took that to Best Buy to pricematch.

They have got to be the most unorganized, poorly managed store around. Circuit City comes close though.
Old 04-02-07, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You would think, with the number of times K-Mart has been fined over the years for improper pricing, they'd bend over backwards to make sure you got exactly what was in the flyer...
Old 04-02-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

K-marts prices are always higher than Wal-mart and Target too.
Old 04-02-07, 04:43 PM

I ended up shooting an e-mail to their customer service. In return, they said they were going to send a copy to the store manager to have them resolve it. Not what I was expecting considering that it was the store manager that was the trouble.
Old 04-03-07, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by ThePhantomGoat
K-Mart does suck. I had a similar experience yesterday after work at my local K-Mart. The manager told me the Passion of the Christ DVD I had in my hand wasn't the same as the one in the ad because the one in the ad had a Restricted Rating banner and mine didn't! I said, "Restricted Rating means that it's rated R." She said, "No. That means it's a different DVD that we haven't gotten in yet." Arggghh! Needless to say, I told them I'd be taking their ad elsewhere to price match. They said, "I hope you have a nice day, sir." LOL. I was pretty mad.
Old 04-03-07, 10:44 AM

My Kmart in Erie, PA did the price match for The Passion - Definitive Edition. It took a little checking on the clerk's part, but they eventually gave it to me for $9.99.

They didn't have the 3-disk Ten Commandments in stock, but I had no problem at all having Walmart price match it for $9.99. It was so easy, I wish I would've just priced matched The Passion at Walmart instead of dealing with Kmart.

On a plus note, last week this same Kmart had Charlotte's Web on the shelf a week early. I was tempted to pick one up....but at $19.99 with no bonuses, I figured I can wait until Tuesday...

They truly need to get their act together. But their ad did provide me two great deals this week (which is 2 more deals than typical)...
Old 04-03-07, 02:58 PM
Cool New Member

The manager told me the Passion of the Christ DVD I had in my hand wasn't the same as the one in the ad because the one in the ad had a Restricted Rating banner and mine didn't! I said, "Restricted Rating means that it's rated R." She said, "No. That means it's a different DVD that we haven't gotten in yet."
You should have said - "OK - give me a raincheck and I'll come back and get it when you get it in".
Old 04-03-07, 03:06 PM

Yeah, that crossed my mind, but I'd already waited 10 minutes for her to come back and tell me that garbage. I didn't feel like wasting more time for a raincheck that I wasn't going to come back for anyway.

I took their crappy ad to Circuit City today on my lunch break and they sold it to me for $9.99 without question.
Old 04-03-07, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got a price match at best buy. they also price matched Monster House for 5.99 even though the ad said 5.99-11.99
Old 04-04-07, 01:50 AM

My K-Mart didn't even have the ad in the store...K-Mart sucks big time.