DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   The Official Borders Coupon Thread - Updated Weekly (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/494811-official-borders-coupon-thread-updated-weekly.html)

Gerry P. 05-27-08 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by hiccup
I fully understand, you need something to justify the money you spent on an expensive product. I care more for the movies. HD is mostly a marketing ploy to resell you stuff you've already bought.

Seeing is believing.

You tell me, will putting House of the Dead in HD make it any better?
No, but it will make it look better.

cdollaz 05-27-08 07:01 AM

With the economy the way it is, I would assume that Borders is seeing a decrease in sales. I wonder if they are going to kick out some 50% off cd coupons like they did a few years ago.

dmkb 05-27-08 10:29 AM

The economy and their pricing structure.

Funk 05-27-08 10:37 AM

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon30100529.htm

VALID THROUGH
6/01/08
30% Off
the List Price of One Item
with Purchase of $10 or More
Borders.com Promotion Code: SL4664

Looks like it's 30% off your entire order when used on (the new) Borders.com (?)

hiccup 05-27-08 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
It must be one hell of a clever ploy! I've fallen for it as well as all of those suckers in the HD Forum.:D

The internet is a different matter. You can have small pockets of people seem to be larger than they really are. I can't tell you how often I hear when I go to BB, CC, or Walmart how much people just don't care for the HD formats. They say eh, HD is nice, but I don't have a problem with DVD or I just don't feel like upgrading.

Arpeggi 05-27-08 09:37 PM

Great deal with the website. Got the Delirious Fictions of William Klein CC for under $30 shipped. They took 30% off the sale price of $38.99 ($4 below MSRP).

Arpeggi 05-27-08 09:47 PM

:up: to the new Borders.com.

velveeta 06-03-08 03:17 PM

I just found a new coupon for this week! Click coupon link for online code too.

30% Off the List Price of One Item w/Purchase of $10 or More (exp 6/8/08):
Link

No 25% off coupon yet for this week, but I'll post it if I get it.

Arpeggi 06-03-08 07:05 PM

nice thanks

Zbu 06-03-08 10:53 PM

Thanks, Velveeta!

Gerry P. 06-04-08 08:46 PM

There was a $5.99 DVD display today at the Littleton, CO Borders.

Here are the titles I remember:

About a Boy
The Dreamers [NC-17]
Henry V [Branaugh]
It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
L’Auberge Espagnole
Murphy’s Romance
Real Genius
The Red Violin
Sense & Sensibility
Witches of Eastwick

sandman007 06-05-08 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Gerry P.
There was a $5.99 DVD display today at the Littleton, CO Borders.

Here are the titles I remember:

About a Boy
The Dreamers [NC-17]
Henry V [Branaugh]
It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
L’Auberge Espagnole
Murphy’s Romance
Real Genius
The Red Violin
Sense & Sensibility
Witches of Eastwick

Here's the link:

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...L_20080605_REW

Bobaray 06-05-08 11:42 PM

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but the new Borders.com is now active. Received an e-mail from Amazon today letting me know that they are separate as of 6/1/08, and that they will still honor orders placed prior to this date. Also, the link posted by sandman007 goes to the new site. Haven't had a chance to check out the new site to see if there are any good deals, or whether coupons work.

EDIT: One good sign...Free shipping on orders over $25.

Also, there is a box for a (coupon?) code when an item is placed in the shopping cart and it states that you can apply more than one code to the order!

EDIT #2: E-mail today for 30% off one item includes a Borders.com promotion code. Tried to apply it to National Treasure 2 Blu Ray (List price $36.99, sale price $29.59) and it took off $3.70, which would be 10% of list price, off of the sale price (final price $25.89). Coupon states it's not good for sale prices and requires Rewards membership. Don't have time to create an online account (is it different from rewards account?) to see if this makes a difference.

FangsFirst 06-06-08 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bobaray
EDIT #2: E-mail today for 30% off one item includes a Borders.com promotion code. Tried to apply it to National Treasure 2 Blu Ray (List price $36.99, sale price $29.59) and it took off $3.70, which would be 10% of list price, off of the sale price (final price $25.89). Coupon states it's not good for sale prices and requires Rewards membership. Don't have time to create an online account (is it different from rewards account?) to see if this makes a difference.

yes, it's designed for that--so that it applies the greater discount. if there's a sale price, it applies the coupon as the difference between the coupon discounted price and the sale price
(ie, already ten percent off and you want to use a 30% coupon? it just takes off the other 20%)

asianxcore 06-07-08 02:54 AM

Thanks Sandman!

There are some great movies in both the $5.99 and $7.99 sales going on. I picked up "Weird Science" and "2046" for $11 after using my Borders Bucks.

I have to go back soon and pick up "Point Break","Tae Guk Gi" as well as some other stuff from the sale.

velveeta 06-07-08 02:26 PM

Heads Up!

Info from "Digicon" (a Borders employee) over at SD:

"Ok, just saw the promotions at work for next week. CD sale 40% off single discs on 6/9 and 6/10. Then on Wed the 11th-13th 40% off dvd boxsets. They had it scheduled for like last month but it was canceled and now it appears back on."

Also, a new BOOK coupon, but hurry. $10 Off the List Price of One Book Priced $20 or More (exp 6/8/08):

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/cou...L_20080605_REW

Hal2000 06-07-08 02:48 PM

New thread?

Have any of the thread-meisters considered making a new thread for Borders? I find it a bit difficult to go back and find where relevant information begins. There are many pages that go back to 07.

Bobaray 06-07-08 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by velveeta
"Ok, just saw the promotions at work for next week. CD sale 40% off single discs on 6/9 and 6/10. Then on Wed the 11th-13th 40% off dvd boxsets.

I wonder if these will be available at their new website.

anyanka323 06-07-08 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bobaray
I wonder if these will be available at their new website.

I hope so. I plan on getting Dexter S1 and maybe another season of Weeds if it is available online.

DVDude! 06-08-08 08:45 PM

My girlfriend has been trying to use the 30% off coupon all afternoon to no avail. (I already used it with success today.) It keeps saying, "We're sorry, but this service is temporarily unavailable," right after clicking "Order Now" to place the order. According to the order history, no orders have been placed.

Their customer service is closed for the night. I fear that she won't be able to use the coupon... Anyone else having issues?

bhauge 06-08-08 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by DVDude!
My girlfriend has been trying to use the 30% off coupon all afternoon to no avail. (I already used it with success today.) It keeps saying, "We're sorry, but this service is temporarily unavailable," right after clicking "Order Now" to place the order. According to the order history, no orders have been placed.

Their customer service is closed for the night. I fear that she won't be able to use the coupon... Anyone else having issues?

I successfully used it on a $10.95 book. I chose "Ship-to-Store" so shipping was free. You're using SL4692 right? Make sure there are no spaces after the code or else it will come up as an "Invalid Code".

SFranke 06-08-08 09:31 PM

Wish I had noticed velveeta's heads up on the CD sale so I could've cashed out my Discover rewards.

Anyway, to those interested in music, if you search Borders' music category for SBME special mkts, you'll find a ton of music for >$7 list price. Those are BMG-type prices after coupons, and there's some classic stuff there.

DVDude! 06-08-08 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by bhauge
I successfully used it on a $10.95 book. I chose "Ship-to-Store" so shipping was free. You're using SL4692 right? Make sure there are no spaces after the code or else it will come up as an "Invalid Code".

Thanks for the reply. The promo code is successfully taking off the 30%. She's also paying for the majority of the balance with a gift card, leaving a $5.23 remainder on a credit card.

I just tried again on her behalf with two different credit cards, in both Firefox and Internet Explorer, and on two different computers. I'm still getting the same error. I quote, "We're sorry. This feature is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

*sigh*

velveeta 06-09-08 09:31 AM

CD Coupon

40% off the List Price of Any Single-Disc CD - Limit 3 per Customer (exp 6/10/08):

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon40cd0609.asp

Online Code: SL40CD

Borders Online

cdollaz 06-09-08 10:48 AM

It didn't work for me on the website. I got thru all of the steps OK but when it finally asked me to "place order" I got the error message.