DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   The Official Borders Coupon Thread - Updated Weekly (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/494811-official-borders-coupon-thread-updated-weekly.html)

Cosmic Bus 05-15-08 09:27 AM

There's a 40%-off DVD boxset coupon this weekend (through the 18th, as with the book coupon) but it may only be sent to certain markets. I didn't get one this time, so anyone who does receive it, please post it! :)

FangsFirst 05-15-08 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
There's a 40%-off DVD boxset coupon this weekend (through the 18th, as with the book coupon) but it may only be sent to certain markets. I didn't get one this time, so anyone who does receive it, please post it! :)

It was cancelled, according to my store, when I called this morning.
Kind of a pisser was I was going to get BSG season 3.

dx23 05-15-08 12:47 PM

Does anyone know why there aren't any other coupons available for this week?

FangsFirst 05-15-08 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
Does anyone know why there aren't any other coupons available for this week?

I got a 40% book one when I woke up.

velveeta 05-15-08 03:33 PM

40% off the List Price of One Book with Purchase of $20 or more (exp 5/18/08):

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon4020book0515.htm

AFAIK, no other coupons for this weekend.

dx23 05-15-08 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
I got a 40% book one when I woke up.

Yeah, me too. But Borders didn't activate any of their other coupons (30% off, 25% off).

Paul1957 05-15-08 03:45 PM

Even the Visit Borders site for 20% coupons is down.

FangsFirst 05-15-08 10:34 PM

Yeah, me too. But Borders didn't activate any of their other coupons (30% off, 25% off).

unlikely they would...plus, things are going through massive switchovers and overhauls up the hq way, so, they may have deactivated those in the process.

hiccup 05-17-08 05:36 AM

I wish there was a 30% off or some other respectable coupon this weekend. The book one is kind of weak.

FangsFirst 05-17-08 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by hiccup
I wish there was a 30% off or some other respectable coupon this weekend. The book one is kind of weak.

Well, it's not weak for us. Most people DO come to Borders thinking of books...

Zbu 05-17-08 02:09 PM

True, but it was quite odd of Borders to deny a coupon for their DVDs. Sure, it wasn't properly announced, but it is disappointing.

cdollaz 05-17-08 04:48 PM

Everyone I know who goes there goes for music and movies.

FangsFirst 05-18-08 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Zbu
True, but it was quite odd of Borders to deny a coupon for their DVDs. Sure, it wasn't properly announced, but it is disappointing.

I'm with you. I really wanted BSG season 3.
However, no one was really supposed to tell anyone outside the company (which is why I refrained).

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Everyone I know who goes there goes for music and movies.

That's anecdotal. Sales dollars tell us that 60% of sales (or so) are books. I mean cool if you have focused friends and acquaintances, and the business is appreciated, certainly, but facts is facts.

whotony 05-18-08 01:21 AM

eh never mind who cares.

FangsFirst 05-18-08 11:10 PM

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon40dvd0519.htm

40% Off the List Price of Any Single- or Dual-Disc DVD (Limit 3 per customer.)

Does not apply to orders placed online or by phone. Offer limited to in-store selection. No rain checks. Most Waldenbooks and Borders Express stores do not carry DVDs.
Valid with Borders Rewards membership only. Certain exclusions apply. Limit three DVDs per customer. Excludes DVD box sets, or multi-disc DVDs. Excludes previous and online purchases, non-stock special orders, and shipping. May not be combined with other coupons, sale pricing, or corporate, classroom, or other group discounts. Original coupon must be relinquished at time of purchase. Single-use coupon. One coupon per customer during the valid period. Void if copied, transferred, and where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. Cash value .01. Not redeemable for cash. Valid only in U.S. stores 5/19/08-5/20/08.

Arpeggi 05-18-08 11:17 PM

The Lovers shall be MINE!

hiccup 05-19-08 04:04 AM

Yes! I've been needing some Criterion titles for a classic I'm taking. Wages of Fear, a few others, here I come!

Sweet Baby James 05-19-08 09:26 AM

Yes! I've been needing some Criterion titles for a classic I'm taking. Wages of Fear, a few others, here I come!

I don't know if this would apply to you, but Criterion is releasing Wages of Fear on Blu-Ray this October.

hiccup 05-19-08 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I don't know if this would apply to you, but Criterion is releasing Wages of Fear on Blu-Ray this October.

Thanks SBJ...it could, but Blu-Ray is too expensive, and I see nothing wrong with the DVD, unless there are some crazy good extras/features, DVD is fine with me.

dx23 05-19-08 05:49 PM

Thanks SBJ...it could, but Blu-Ray is too expensive, and I see nothing wrong with the DVD, unless there are some crazy good extras/features, DVD is fine with me.

Criterion Blu Rays are going to be priced the same as their SD counterparts.

hiccup 05-19-08 09:06 PM

Criterion Blu Rays are going to be priced the same as their SD counterparts.

I hadn't known that. That's not too bad I guess, but it take a severe amount of extras for me to purchase it on Blu-Ray. I hate the format, can't stand Sony, and don't really see any reason to get older titles (Black and white, etc.) on Blu-ray when they look just fine on DVD. Recent stuff I can acknowledge, but I find the older stuff kind of pointless. Plus, I'm kind of in a bind to see The Wages of fear.

Sweet Baby James 05-19-08 09:14 PM

^

You obviously haven't seen Casablanca on HD DVD.:) If you do want to hold out for the BR(sounds like you don't), you might want to check your local library for WOF. My library has this Criterion and it's always on the shelf(plus, checking it out is free). Either way, enjoy your movie!

dx23 05-21-08 09:46 AM

BORDERS REWARDS
EXCLUSIVE OFFER VALID THROUGH
5/26/08
30% Off
the List Price of One Item
with Purchase of $10 or More

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon30100522.htm

BJ 05-21-08 01:40 PM

Why is it the 40% off deals are only good for two days? Doesn't their computer keep track when you use the coupon? So why not make it like the end of week sales? I decided to pass on this sale until today when I realized what I should have picked up -- too late of course.

dx23 05-21-08 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by BJ
Why is it the 40% off deals are only good for two days? Doesn't their computer keep track when you use the coupon? So why not make it like the end of week sales? I decided to pass on this sale until today when I realized what I should have picked up -- too late of course.

Those 40% coupons are valid usually for 2 days (Mondays and Tuesdays) because they are made with the purpose of increasing store traffic on the slowest days.