DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   The Official Borders Coupon Thread - Updated Weekly (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/494811-official-borders-coupon-thread-updated-weekly.html)

Randy Hassan 12-15-07 09:58 AM

I have an e-mail (arrived late Friday night) with a link to a coupon for 40% off one book--I can read the subject, but I can't open the e-mail. Can someone provide a direct link to that coupon? Thanks.

Laser Movies 12-15-07 10:04 AM

Here's the link to the book coupon along with a 40% CD coupon. Coupons are valid through 12/17/07.

40% off list price any one book with purchase of $20 or more.

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coup40book1215.htm

40% off list of any CD box set.

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coup40cdbox1215.htm

Randy Hassan 12-15-07 10:10 AM

Much obliged! Thanks.

m0vi3fan 12-15-07 10:55 AM

Save 25% off one item. Code: N6R7C4J Exp. 12/18

jeffrey r 12-15-07 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by m0vi3fan
Save 25% off one item. Code: N6R7C4J Exp. 12/18

Umm, I think that's for Barnes & Noble, not Borders.

dx23 12-15-07 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by velveeta
Just thought I'd post this "Huge Holiday Savings" coupon link (exp 12/15). Besides the 30% off one item coupon, it also has a coupon good for 50% off certain bestselling books, $9.99 for certain bestselling CDs, and $14.99 for certain DVD titles. The DVDs aren't a good deal, but the books and CDs might be if you're buying those titles for yourself or as a gift:

Borders Huge Holiday Savings Coupons

not only the 2 disc of Night at the Museum is $14.99. The 2-disc edition of Spider-Man 3 also works with the coupon for $14.99.

hiccup 12-15-07 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by velveeta
Just thought I'd post this "Huge Holiday Savings" coupon link (exp 12/15). Besides the 30% off one item coupon, it also has a coupon good for 50% off certain bestselling books, $9.99 for certain bestselling CDs, and $14.99 for certain DVD titles. The DVDs aren't a good deal, but the books and CDs might be if you're buying those titles for yourself or as a gift:

Borders Huge Holiday Savings Coupons

Thanks for the 30% off. It's really appreciated.

Spiral Staircase 12-16-07 10:09 PM

40% Off Box Sets 12/18-12/19

ctyankee 12-17-07 07:07 AM

It will be interesting to see what of the Blade Runner releases Borders will consider a 'box set.'

If the Standard Release 5 disc boxset (w/attache case) is considered a boxset it would be $47.39 before tax.

If the SR 4 disc is also considered a boxset it would be $20.99 before tax.

Both attractive prices. particularly if going the B&M route.

FangsFirst 12-17-07 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by ctyankee
It will be interesting to see what of the Blade Runner releases Borders will consider a 'box set.'

If the Standard Release 5 disc boxset (w/attache case) is considered a boxset it would be $47.39 before tax.

If the SR 4 disc is also considered a boxset it would be $20.99 before tax.

Both attractive prices. particularly if going the B&M route.

briefcase=box set (that's what my coupon is going toward!)
I believe the 4 disc is as well, but I wasn't paying close attention because I only cared about the briefcase ;)

Lt Ripley 12-17-07 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by starecase

Will this work with Blu-ray or HD-DVD? Would like to pick up Planet Earth if it does

Cosmic Bus 12-18-07 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
Will this work with Blu-ray or HD-DVD? Would like to pick up Planet Earth if it does

Yes, it will work on a high-def set.

DVD NDN 12-18-07 07:34 AM

Ugh, I didn't realize that only a few stores carry High-def, do I want to travel...

Lt Ripley 12-18-07 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
Yes, it will work on a high-def set.

Great! Thank you.

Dimsdale 12-18-07 09:48 AM

Good luck on trying to snag Blade Runner. The store I went to didn't even receive any suitcases or hi def versions. And they were already sold out of the few copies they did receive. How they managed to sell out when I was the first one in the store is beyond me. There were plenty of other people snapping up box sets so I guess the employees pre-sold the Runners before the rest of us cattle made it in. Feh. Waste of time and gas. Ended up just ordering the binkin' thing on Amazon for a couple of dollars more.

ctyankee 12-18-07 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Dimsdale
Good luck on trying to snag Blade Runner. The store I went to didn't even receive any suitcases or hi def versions. And they were already sold out of the few copies they did receive. How they managed to sell out when I was the first one in the store is beyond me. There were plenty of other people snapping up box sets so I guess the employees pre-sold the Runners before the rest of us cattle made it in. Feh. Waste of time and gas. Ended up just ordering the binkin' thing on Amazon for a couple of dollars more.

Pre-sell? Not likely. Much more likely that the employees snagged the few copies they had, either for themselves or their friends.

DVD NDN 12-18-07 02:21 PM

I tried to reserve a hi-def set this morning and they said "sorry we sold it." I called them and they guy said, "Oh yeah, I just pulled it from the box.) So I would call later today or tomorrow and see if any find their way out of boxes.

dx23 12-18-07 04:09 PM

The stores nearby only brought the HD briefcase and the 2 disc version. The manager told me that maybe tommorow they will be getting the blu-ray and standard DVD briefcase.

Zen Peckinpah 12-18-07 05:28 PM

Grabbed Close Encounters BR for $32.09 with tax. Thanks!

HDTVGCL 12-18-07 08:02 PM

Well, went over local store and no stock. Stated due in 2-3 days, yea, right after the 40% dies.

FangsFirst 12-18-07 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dimsdale

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Pre-sell? Not likely. Much more likely that the employees snagged the few copies they had, either for themselves or their friends.

Originally Posted by HDTVGCL
Well, went over local store and no stock. Stated due in 2-3 days, yea, right after the 40% dies.

To those not finding it in stock:
We were ALL notified, IN ADVANCE, that these would not be arriving by today. Some stores got them in TODAY, most are getting them tomorrow (like mine--though I anticipated the demand and ordered some for my store, but two of us just bought both one of them each...oops). I can't guarantee, promise or assure you--and we've all been directed to make NO holds or reserves, and there's no set time for deliveries to be made, but the people saying "Friday" or "Thursday" probably did not read that announcement--as that's normal delivery time, but they're giving us all, or most of us, secondary shipments this week.

Sevpunkit 12-18-07 09:28 PM

No Blade Runner SD briefcase in any Borders in my area, so I picked it up at Best Buy instead. If one of the stores gets any in tomorrow, I'll use the coupon and return it to Best Buy.

WhovianZorker 12-19-07 07:57 AM

Stopped at my Borders yesterday afternoon. They had one Standard DVD briefcase, one HD briefcase, and one BR briefcase. When I left, they only had the HD and BR left. :)

sandman007 12-19-07 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by WhovianZorker
Stopped at my Borders yesterday afternoon. They had one Standard DVD briefcase, one HD briefcase, and one BR briefcase. When I left, they only had the HD and BR left. :)

How much was Standard DVD briefcase?

mike2 12-19-07 08:19 AM

My borders never answers their phone so ya....who knows if they're getting in the BR case of not. I called them yesterday and they said "1" was on the way. Who knows when it will get there. In the meantime i'll let my patience run thin waiting for amazon to ship it.