DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   The Official Borders Coupon Thread - Updated Weekly (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/494811-official-borders-coupon-thread-updated-weekly.html)

FangsFirst 08-03-07 07:52 PM


Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Making a coupon invalid out of the systems doesn't take massive programming. It's no more difficult than adding a coupon. In fact, making a new coupon is probably more work. It's all database work in the end.

Actually it's not that simple as our POS system is set up...

Eh, you've got a point. I was mostly just already having an awful day and took offense to the tone of the last post to me.

I back down, and admit to my wrongness; though I still see something hinky about using a cache to get around a website that has been pulled down.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 08-03-07 08:22 PM


Originally Posted by FangsFirst
Actually it's not that simple as our POS system is set up...

Eh, you've got a point. I was mostly just already having an awful day and took offense to the tone of the last post to me.

I back down, and admit to my wrongness; though I still see something hinky about using a cache to get around a website that has been pulled down.

Nothing like complex systems where the easiest of things take forever to change :)

The cache doesn't have the coupon anymore so it doesn't really matter anymore.

FangsFirst 08-04-07 01:13 AM


Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Nothing like complex systems where the easiest of things take forever to change :)

Actually it's that they AREN'T complex--and thus of course the LAST half of your statement is true--since it would take forever to MAKE them that complex...heh :)

asianxcore 08-04-07 08:42 PM


Originally Posted by starecase
30% off expires 8/9

Thanks for that coupon. I finally might pick up Alias: Season 5 with it.

The No Man 08-06-07 08:36 AM

Anyone know what price The Muppet Show Season 2 will be tomorrow? If it is on sale I might try using the coupon. I know it says that it doesn't work for on sale items, but worth a shot.

bookcase3 08-06-07 08:44 AM


Originally Posted by The No Man
Anyone know what price The Muppet Show Season 2 will be tomorrow? If it is on sale I might try using the coupon. I know it says that it doesn't work for on sale items, but worth a shot.

From my experience, the computer (not the cashier) automatically deducts it from the retail price, not the sale price, which leaves no room for human error.

The No Man 08-06-07 10:16 AM


Originally Posted by bookcase3
From my experience, the computer (not the cashier) automatically deducts it from the retail price, not the sale price, which leaves no room for human error.


Thanks. Saves me a trip. Amazon it is.

MasterCXtreme 08-06-07 05:36 PM


Originally Posted by starecase
30% off expires 8/9

Thanks! Gonna use it tonight.

surfingelectrod 08-11-07 11:40 AM

What's this Borders Rewards Perks thing that I got an email about? http://www.bordersrewardsperks.com

Gizmo 08-11-07 02:57 PM

Any new coupons for this weekend?

SFranke 08-11-07 03:24 PM

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupons_erewards3.htm
http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupons_erewards4.htm

FangsFirst 08-11-07 06:40 PM


Originally Posted by surfingelectrod
What's this Borders Rewards Perks thing that I got an email about? http://www.bordersrewardsperks.com

A cross-company promotion that gives you credit and discounts with other (non-competitive, of course) retailers.

asianxcore 08-12-07 09:45 PM

Would I be able to use the Borders 30% off coupon and a manufacturer's coupon?

I have a "$3 Off Any Dragon Dynasty Title" coupon and I was wondering if I could use both on a release.

FangsFirst 08-12-07 09:52 PM


Originally Posted by asianxcore
Would I be able to use the Borders 30% off coupon and a manufacturer's coupon?

I have a "$3 Off Any Dragon Dynasty Title" coupon and I was wondering if I could use both on a release.

"May not be combined with other coupons, sale pricing, or corporate, classroom, or other group discounts."
So, probably not.

kantboy 08-14-07 10:20 AM

So, can I use the 30% coupon and the bordersbucks?


thanks

StephenX 08-14-07 10:44 AM


Originally Posted by kantboy
So, can I use the 30% coupon and the bordersbucks?


thanks

Yes, you can. I did this Sunday afternoon. Borders bucks are like cash, so they are not treated as 'discounts.'

Funk 08-21-07 08:45 AM

Any new coupons?

BuckNaked2k 08-21-07 09:52 AM

What happened to that coupon for 30% off thru 8/31?

Trevor 08-21-07 09:58 AM


Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
What happened to that coupon for 30% off thru 8/31?

As we discussed earlier, it was pulled from the official site quite early. It used to be available thru that cache link posted last page, but it looks like we missed it.
If we didn't get the email with it, we probably were not supposed to use it anyway.

BuckNaked2k 08-21-07 10:08 AM


Originally Posted by Trevor
As we discussed earlier, it was pulled from the official site quite early. It used to be available thru that cache link posted last page, but it looks like we missed it.
If we didn't get the email with it, we probably were not supposed to use it anyway.

I had it, printed it, and now I can't find it. Can someone send it to me or repost it somewhere else? I'm going there today after work, and I'm not paying retail.

bookcase3 08-21-07 10:11 AM

Is there even a 20% off coupon available?

BuckNaked2k 08-21-07 10:34 AM


Originally Posted by bookcase3
Is there even a 20% off coupon available?

meeeeh........

Didn't that end yesterday?

Maxflier 08-21-07 11:17 AM


Originally Posted by bookcase3
Is there even a 20% off coupon available?


http://www.visitborders.com/

bookcase3 08-21-07 11:30 AM


Originally Posted by Maxflier

That appears to have ended 7/31.

Maxflier 08-21-07 11:38 AM

Coupon says 8/28 when I click it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.