DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   The Official Borders Coupon Thread - Updated Weekly (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/494811-official-borders-coupon-thread-updated-weekly.html)

cdollaz 07-07-07 09:56 PM

Anyone have any data regarding their sales since they changed the rewards program and stop putting out good coupons regularly?

bhauge 07-08-07 01:44 AM

My wife got the following link to a 30% coupon for signing up for e-Rewards:

LINK

As far as I can tell it's not a user-unique number so it should be good for everyone to use.

jeffrey r 07-08-07 06:52 PM


Originally Posted by bhauge
My wife got the following link to a 30% coupon for signing up for e-Rewards:

LINK

As far as I can tell it's not a user-unique number so it should be good for everyone to use.

Great--thanks.

Peep 07-08-07 07:52 PM

Good find! Good through the end of the month.

SFranke 07-09-07 12:54 PM

$10 off $50 through 7/31. This is good on sale prices for those who don't know.

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupons_erewards.htm

yeldarb367 07-09-07 02:26 PM

Does anyone know of good sales they have going on now? (or are they all store-specific?)

Peep 07-09-07 05:00 PM

Another good one!

jeffrey r 07-13-07 09:51 AM

Just a bump for anyone who might have missed the 30% off or $10 off $50 coupons, both good through the end of July.

FangsFirst 07-13-07 11:06 AM


Originally Posted by yeldarb367
Does anyone know of good sales they have going on now? (or are they all store-specific?)

Not store specific.

Looks like none of the DVD deals are listed online right now tho. Nor music.

Sex Fiend 07-13-07 12:59 PM


Originally Posted by jeffrey r
Just a bump for anyone who might have missed the 30% off or $10 off $50 coupons, both good through the end of July.

Is that 30% usable by anyone (ie - you don't have to be a Rewards member)? I got a 30% coupon this week for the Rewards program, which I already used. That wouldn't limit my ability to print and use this one, would it?

jeffrey r 07-13-07 02:06 PM


Originally Posted by Sex Fiend
Is that 30% usable by anyone (ie - you don't have to be a Rewards member)? I got a 30% coupon this week for the Rewards program, which I already used. That wouldn't limit my ability to print and use this one, would it?

I am a rewards member, and I've used this coupon about 5 times this week. Two on the same order (as long as the checkout person is cool with it, which they usually are, the coupon will scan multiple times on the same order without a problem--one coupon per item of course). Not sure if it is limited to rewards members.

Sex Fiend 07-13-07 02:59 PM


Originally Posted by jeffrey r
I am a rewards member, and I've used this coupon about 5 times this week. Two on the same order (as long as the checkout person is cool with it, which they usually are, the coupon will scan multiple times on the same order without a problem--one coupon per item of course). Not sure if it is limited to rewards members.

I guess I'm confused then. The coupon does state that it is "one coupon per customer during the valid period." The only way that I could see that Borders could track that would be if you had to present your Rewards membership card in conjunction with your purchase (as you have to with regular Rewards discounts). As they apparently didn't ask you to present your card or otherwise track your use of the coupon multiple times, one would assume then that they aren't limiting the use of the discount either to Rewards members, or in terms of multiple usage (in spite of what the wording on the coupon indicates).

I guess it's worth a shot then, unless someone can confirm that some Borders are giving grief about multiple usage of the 30% discount.

jeffrey r 07-13-07 03:12 PM

I do show them my rewards card each time. I don't quite get hung up on what the coupon says. Borders does not get my business without the coupon, but I am happy to buy certain items with the 30% coupon. Borders (at least my Borders) does not care about using multiple coupons on the same order, or multiple coupons during any "period".

You can print out as many copies of these online coupons as you want, and worst that would happen is that they tell you that you've already used one during a "period". But I would not expect anyone at Borders to be tracking your coupon usage.

FangsFirst 07-13-07 04:03 PM

Some stores are more clear with that policy than others.

abintra 07-13-07 04:24 PM


Originally Posted by FangsFirst
Not store specific.

I was thinking they might be store specific also as I bought something at one store a week ago Thursday at one store and then returned it at a different store the next day (found it much cheaper) and it was $5 cheaper at that second store where I returned it.

That second store also had a rack of $7.99 DVDs, just a handful like Run Lola Run, Winged Migration, etc, but I didn't see that at the first store (very possible I just didn't find it though).

FangsFirst 07-13-07 04:44 PM


Originally Posted by abintra
I was thinking they might be store specific also as I bought something at one store a week ago Thursday at one store and then returned it at a different store the next day (found it much cheaper) and it was $5 cheaper at that second store where I returned it.

That second store also had a rack of $7.99 DVDs, just a handful like Run Lola Run, Winged Migration, etc, but I didn't see that at the first store (very possible I just didn't find it though).

Some sales are weekly (change on Tuesdays)--that 7.99 for instance was one week only, as I recall. I have a hand in merchandising (putting up promotions, stickering items with the directed sale prices, etc) but I'm no longer in charge of it, so my memory for it isn't 100%.

As far as the particular instance you mention...could've been someone didn't notice when corporate sent down the price change list for items (if we're talking regular price) or it went on sale that next day. Couldn't say for sure without details.

DGibFen 07-19-07 11:30 AM


Originally Posted by bhauge
My wife got the following link to a 30% coupon for signing up for e-Rewards:

LINK

As far as I can tell it's not a user-unique number so it should be good for everyone to use.

Looks like it's good through the end of August now (8/31).

abintra 07-19-07 05:46 PM


Originally Posted by FangsFirst
Some sales are weekly (change on Tuesdays)--that 7.99 for instance was one week only, as I recall. I have a hand in merchandising (putting up promotions, stickering items with the directed sale prices, etc) but I'm no longer in charge of it, so my memory for it isn't 100%.

Any chance you know of a similiar sale upcoming ($7.99 titles)?

FangsFirst 07-19-07 10:00 PM


Originally Posted by abintra
Any chance you know of a similiar sale upcoming ($7.99 titles)?

Not offhand, I think some are still on. We're a little focused elsewhere this week (as you might imagine!) and so I haven't been strictly up to date on sales...I might take a look in the madness tomorrow if I get a chance, but madness is probalby the right word, so...

abintra 07-19-07 11:21 PM

I should have picked up Run Lola Run for $8 during the last sale with my Borders Bucks but didn't when I had the chance.

dx23 07-26-07 09:43 AM

30% Off
the List Price of Any of
The Simpsons Box Sets, Seasons 1-9
BORDERS REWARDS EXCLUSIVE OFFER
VALID THROUGH 8/13/07

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/simpsons.htm

SFranke 07-26-07 11:31 AM

The Simpsons sets at Borders have Movie Cash for the Simpsons Movie inside.

surfingelectrod 07-28-07 04:40 PM

Quick question... should I be able to use a coupon on an ordered item? If I cant then I'm really not interested in buying it at their price.

FangsFirst 07-28-07 05:42 PM


Originally Posted by surfingelectrod
Quick question... should I be able to use a coupon on an ordered item? If I cant then I'm really not interested in buying it at their price.

If it is in stock at our distributors, there should probably be no issue--and if the coupon is going to expire before it gets there, have them see if they can Easy Ship it to you--no cost for 7-10 day shipping.

surfingelectrod 07-28-07 06:44 PM


Originally Posted by FangsFirst
If it is in stock at our distributors, there should probably be no issue

I'm guessing that it was. It took three days for them to get it from the time I ordered it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.