Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Great Prices on MGM & 20th Century Fox Box Sets at Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-07, 01:54 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Great Prices on MGM & 20th Century Fox Box Sets at Amazon

There are some pretty good deals here. Most are about $4 - $10 cheaper than DeepDiscountDVD:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000057821

Includes:

$19.97 - The Man with No Name Trilogy (A Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)

$14.97 - The Addams Family - Volume One

$25.47 - Planet of the Apes - The Legacy Collection (Planet of the Apes [1968] / Beneath the / Escape from the / Conquest of the / Battle for the)

$49.97 - The Woody Allen Collection - 8 pack

$39.97 - The Woody Allen Collection, Set 3

$34.97 - The Pink Panther Film Collection (The Pink Panther / A Shot in the Dark / Strikes Again / Revenge of / Trail)

$14.97 - The Films of Paul Newman (The Verdict/The Hustler/Butch Cassidy)

$25.97 - The Complete Omen Collection (The Omen - 1976/ The Omen - 2006/ Damien: The Omen II/ The Omen III: The Final Conflict/ The Omen IV: The Awakening)

$34.97 - The Charlie Chan Chanthology (The Secret Service / The Chinese Cat / The Jade Mask / Meeting at Midnight / The Scarlet Clue / The Shanghai Cobra)

$14.97 - John Wayne Collection ( North To Alaska / Comancheros / The Undefeated )

$19.97 - Robocop Trilogy

$29.97 - The Sidney Poitier DVD Collection (For Love of Ivy / In the Heat of the Night / Lilies of the Field / The Organization / They Call Me Mister Tibbs!)

$25.97 - The Martin Scorsese Film Collection (New York, New York / Raging Bull Special Edition / The Last Waltz / Boxcar Bertha)

$25.97 - The Errol Morris DVD Collection (Gates of Heaven/The Thin Blue Line/Vernon, Florida)

$34.97 - The Outer Limits - The New Series (2005) (Aliens Among Us/Death & Beyond/Fantastic Androids & Robots/Mutation and Transformation/Sex & Science Fiction/Time Travel & Infinity Collections)

$25.97 - The Steve McQueen Collection (The Great Escape / Junior Bonner / The Magnificent Seven / The Thomas Crown Affair)

$25.97 - Bruce Lee Ultimate Collection (The Big Boss / Fist of Fury / Way of the Dragon / Game of Death / Game of Death II)

$19.97 - Baz Luhrmann's Red Curtain Trilogy (Strictly Ballroom / Romeo + Juliet / Moulin Rouge)

There are some more boxed sets, but they're sort of generic and I'm too lazy to list them. Use the link above if you want to see them.
Old 02-27-07, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rich-y
I'm too lazy to list them.
awk sure beats cutting and pasting by hand-

Code:
20.01 The Man with No Name Trilogy (A Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)
15.01 The Addams Family - Volume One
24.51 Planet of the Apes - The Legacy Collection (Planet of the Apes [1968] / Beneath the / Escape from the / Conquest of the / Battle for the)
50.01 The Woody Allen Collection - 8 pack
40.01 The Woody Allen Collection, Set 3
35.01 The Pink Panther Film Collection (The Pink Panther / A Shot in the Dark / Strikes Again / Revenge of / Trail)
24.01 The Complete Omen Collection (The Omen - 1976/ The Omen - 2006/ Damien: The Omen II/ The Omen III: The Final Conflict/ The Omen IV: The Awakening)
15.01 The Films of Paul Newman (The Verdict/The Hustler/Butch Cassidy)
35.01 The Charlie Chan Chanthology (The Secret Service / The Chinese Cat / The Jade Mask / Meeting at Midnight / The Scarlet Clue / The Shanghai Cobra)
20.01 The Sidney Poitier DVD Collection (For Love of Ivy / In the Heat of the Night / Lilies of the Field / The Organization / They Call Me Mister Tibbs!)
24.01 The Errol Morris DVD Collection (Gates of Heaven/The Thin Blue Line/Vernon, Florida)
15.01 John Wayne Collection ( North To Alaska /  Comancheros  / The Undefeated )
20.01 Robocop Trilogy
24.01 The Martin Scorsese Film Collection (New York, New York / Raging Bull Special Edition / The Last Waltz / Boxcar Bertha)
35.01 The Outer Limits - The New Series (2005) (Aliens Among Us/Death & Beyond/Fantastic Androids & Robots/Mutation and Transformation/Sex & Science Fiction/Time Travel & Infinity Collections)
15.01 Jennifer Aniston Celebrity Pack (She's the One / The Object of My Affection / Picture Perfect)
24.01 The Steve McQueen Collection (The Great Escape / Junior Bonner / The Magnificent Seven / The Thomas Crown Affair)
24.01 Bruce Lee Ultimate Collection (The Big Boss / Fist of Fury / Way of the Dragon / Game of Death / Game of Death II)
15.02 The Michael Douglas Celebrity Pack (Wall Street / The War of the Roses / Don't Say a Word)
20.01 Familytime Features Box Set (The Sound of Music / Dr. Doolittle / Mrs. Doubtfire / The Man From Snowy River)
20.01 Baz Luhrmann's Red Curtain Trilogy (Strictly Ballroom / Romeo + Juliet / Moulin Rouge)
20.01 Funtastic Adventures Collection Box Set (Ice Age / Robots / Fern Gully / Once Upon a Rainforest)
15.02 Sandra Bullock Celebrity Pack (Speed / Hope Floats / Love Potion No. 9)
24.01 Charles Bronson DVD Action Pack (Kinjite / Messenger of Death / Murphy's Law / 10 to Midnight)
15.02 Arnold Schwarzenegger Celebrity Pack (Predator, Commando, True Lies)
15.02 Cameron Diaz Celebrity Pack (In Her Shoes / There's Something About Mary / A Life Less Ordinary)
15.02 Drew Barrymore Celebrity Pack (Never Been Kissed/Fever Pitch/Ever After)
15.02 George Clooney Celebrity Pack (One Fine Day, Solaris, Thin Red Line)
15.01 Romantic Tales Collection Box Set (Moulin Rouge / Romeo + Juliet / Ever After)
15.02 Angelina Jolie Celebrity Pack (Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Life or Something Like It, Pushing Tin)
15.02 Natalie Portman Celebrity Pack (Anywhere But Here, Garden State, Where the Heart Is)
15.01 The Farrelly Brothers Collection (There's Something About Mary / Shallow Hal / Me, Myself & Irene)
20.01 World Destruction Box Set (Independence Day / Chain Reaction / The Day After Tomorrow / Volcano)
15.02 Colin Farrell Celebrity Pack (Phone Booth/ Daredevil/ Tigerland)
24.01 Raquel Welch Collection (One Million Years B.C. / Bandolero! / Myra Breckinridge / Mother, Jugs & Speed / Fathom)
15.02 The Nicholas Cage Celebrity Pack (Raising Arizona / Kiss of Death / Trapped in Paradise)
15.02 Denzel Washington Celebrity Pack (Man on Fire, The Seige, Courage Under Fire)
20.01 Legal Legends Collection Box Set (Runaway Jury / Class Action / Compulsion / The Verdict)
15.02 Martin Lawrence Celebrity Pack (Big Momma's House / Rebound / Black Knight)
15.01 Laugh Out Loud Collection (Dr. Dolittle/Dr. Dolittle 2/Big Momma's House)
20.01 Lies and Deception Box Set (Mr. and Mrs. Smith / True Lies / Entrapment / Black Widow)
24.01 Grand Slam DVD Giftset (Bull Durham / Eight Men Out / The Jackie Robinson Story / The Pride of the Yankees)
Old 02-27-07, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by mnementh
awk sure beats cutting and pasting by hand-
So, how did you do that? It'd be a great time-saver if you'd fill me in!
Old 02-27-07, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rich-y
So, how did you do that? It'd be a great time-saver if you'd fill me in!
AWK (programming language)
Old 02-27-07, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by jpdude

Oh, I thought perhaps you had come across a website that allows one to enter an url and then be given a nice little chart like the one you created. After reading the wikipedia info I decided that I'll just do it manually! Ha!