Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

300 movie cash question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-07, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bang4dabuc
I used my two 300 passes last night to buy tickets at the IMAX theater in NYC. It wasn't listed on the website but they accepted the coupons with no questions. I paid the $9 total difference.

I had to buy Sunday tickets cuz all the Friday and Saturday afternoon/night shows were sold out already.

Hey Bang...which theater was this?
I am going to check this out on Sunday and wanted to know what IMAX was accepting these passes.
The Lincoln?
Old 03-09-07, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by DrnknMstr2
Hey Bang...which theater was this?
I am going to check this out on Sunday and wanted to know what IMAX was accepting these passes.
The Lincoln?
Yeah, the AMC Loews Lincoln. I just checked fandango and I think all the Sunday IMAX tickets are sold out as well.
Old 03-10-07, 08:02 AM

My AMC took the moviecash. She filled in the amount and that was it.
Old 03-10-07, 09:22 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Went last night, totally forgot that it was a weekend and that theaters can sell out.

I usually go to matinees during the week. Got there at 1930, had to wait until 2200 for an open 300 show. Ended up using two of my freebies and saw Zodiac for free also.
Old 03-10-07, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Went last night, totally forgot that it was a weekend and that theaters can sell out.

I usually go to matinees during the week. Got there at 1930, had to wait until 2200 for an open 300 show. Ended up using two of my freebies and saw Zodiac for free also.
I assume that means that you got 2 300 tickets and just 'happened' to stumble into the wrong theater....... or did your theater actually let you use the 300 movie cash towards another movie?

Too bad you can't use it towards concessions. After all its movie cash for theaters. I guess the movie studios don't like the idea of paying $10 for a soda too.
Old 03-10-07, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Used 3 of mine for the girl and a friend last night.
Worked with no issues (though one of those taking tickets just looked confused when I handed them to him. The lady next to him in the booth pulled them away and said she'd get us set and quickly got us tickets.

too bad the movie was crap.
Old 03-10-07, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FangsFirst
too bad the movie was crap.
Yeah, I thought it was worth it for free, but not much more.

The movie cash worked fine for me, and I was surprised that the cashier wrote the actual price of the ticket ($10.00) in the amount box. I thought that they would instruct their employees to write the maximum value in the box, which, in this case, would be $10.50.

cheers,

-the Jesus
Old 03-10-07, 11:10 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by LostFan
I assume that means that you got 2 300 tickets and just 'happened' to stumble into the wrong theater....... or did your theater actually let you use the 300 movie cash towards another movie?

Too bad you can't use it towards concessions. After all its movie cash for theaters. I guess the movie studios don't like the idea of paying $10 for a soda too.
You're right, if I had tried to use the movie cash on another ticket I'm sure they would have said no. But I bought the ticket first, then later decided to see another movie to kill time until 300 started. So I traded in the 300 actual movie ticket for the earlier time Zodiac ticket. Another movie cash used for 300.

I enjoyed both movies, but won't spoil anything, heading to the movie forum to discuss......
Old 03-11-07, 09:42 AM

Used one of the 300 tickets to get into a statuim seating multiplex...

Watched "Wild Hogs" which was excellent and then decided to go next door and watch "Nightrider" which was VERY bad...

Didn't even see 300 yet {hehe}

Oh, on the way to the movies, I stopped at the BestBuy that still had the 300 promos and got 4 more for free without any other purchase...
Old 03-11-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by chard31
Used one of the 300 tickets to get into a statuim seating multiplex...

Watched "Wild Hogs" which was excellent and then decided to go next door and watch "Nightrider" which was VERY bad...

Didn't even see 300 yet {hehe}

Oh, on the way to the movies, I stopped at the BestBuy that still had the 300 promos and got 4 more for free without any other purchase...
You are a role model for the future generation. Don't forget to mention this on your blog with your CAPS lock turned on.
Old 03-11-07, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cupcake jesus
The movie cash worked fine for me, and I was surprised that the cashier wrote the actual price of the ticket ($10.00) in the amount box. I thought that they would instruct their employees to write the maximum value in the box, which, in this case, would be $10.50.
i thought they would fill it out for the whole amount too. mine was only 7.50 (matinee show). i guess the fraud line on the ticket turned them off. haha
Old 03-11-07, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Mine wrote in $8 for the matinee price.
Old 03-11-07, 06:12 PM

movie ruled btw
Old 03-11-07, 07:07 PM

$10.50 in Northern, VA here - Shitty movie btw - complete waste of time!!
Old 03-11-07, 07:59 PM

No problems using the movie cash, seen the movie twice already. Not to be missed on the big screen. 10/10.
Old 03-12-07, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So it seems the movie has set a record for a March opening weekend with huge revenue per screen that was showing it. $70,000,000 in ticket sales including all the free Best Buyers cashing in their tickets. Yet the 2 professional reviews I've heard of have been indifferent or highly negative. Well I'll use my Movie Cash to see for myself.
Old 03-12-07, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I saw it today..thanks Op...took a date...can't beat a free movie for two ...I enjoyed it for what it is-would have enjoyed more if they had more color like the wheat field scene.....some good rhetoric/lines..for those of you who have not seen the Original 300 Spartans is defintely worth a watch also.
Old 03-12-07, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hank1215
No problems using the movie cash, seen the movie twice already. Not to be missed on the big screen. 10/10.
Old 03-12-07, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Futile question coming up....

The nearest Best Buy is 70 miles away from me, so I wasn't able to get any of these. If anyone has any extra, would it be possible to send one or two to me (the tickets mainly but I would like one of the bonus discs)? I will pay the shipping via Paypal. This is mainly directed towards the people who may have stocked up on them (10 or more) and have some left even after passing them out to friends. I assume the answer will be no but I'm sure there's some of you that have 20 laying around. I would appreciate it if any of you extremely nice and generous people could help me out.
Old 03-12-07, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Reaper
Futile question coming up....

The nearest Best Buy is 70 miles away from me, so I wasn't able to get any of these. If anyone has any extra, would it be possible to send one or two to me (the tickets mainly but I would like one of the bonus discs)? I will pay the shipping via Paypal. This is mainly directed towards the people who may have stocked up on them (10 or more) and have some left even after passing them out to friends. I assume the answer will be no but I'm sure there's some of you that have 20 laying around. I would appreciate it if any of you extremely nice and generous people could help me out.
I picked up 4 for myself and some friends and used the tickets this past weekend. I'd be glad to send you the bonus disc if you'd like though. It's quite informative and definitely worth watching.