Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy $9.99 titles - READ NOW!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy $9.99 titles - READ NOW!

Old 02-26-07, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
I already thanked the OP once but seriously, I have to do it again. This was a great deal to find!

Thanks, tophrman! Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-26-07, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So clarification, did anyone take advantage of the BOGO last week? Did it say OSCAR BOGO? I still want to think this isn't a price mistake. Why wasnt this such a good deal last week? Were the movies full price?
Old 02-26-07, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ravid
The situation was that they previously had these titles at $19.99 but at B1G1 free. This week they lowered the prices to $9.99 each, but they're not really supposed to be B1G1 free at this price. This is a pricing mistake, so if the titles don't ring up as B1G1 free, you're out of luck.
i said it in the thread earlier, a sales rep in the dvd/media dept where i live told me over the phone that they are 2 for 1, or 2 for $10...perhaps an oscars sale as of yesterday? he confirmed it was the recent $9.99 2 disc warner titles. i don't think it's a mistake. i think the cashiers who won't push the promo button and honor the sale are making the mistake.

Last edited by elektrohog; 02-26-07 at 03:27 PM.

Just got back from BB Tustin Grabbed a couple of 2 disk movies (Unforgiven and Heat) for $10.76. Thanks!
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wildzero
It worked in Woodbury, MN. I ended up with 20 DVDs for $100. With the 20 free 300 passes, it originally rang up over $400, then when she was done ringing them, the price fell to $106 (tax). What a deal!! Even the girl behind the register was shocked. Thanks so much guys!

That's so sweet of you. And when someone goes in to get a ticket that they're actually going to use, they'll be none left because you got 20 of them.

Glad I don't live by you Best Buy.
Old 02-26-07, 03:16 PM

I hit the BB in Carmel, IN during lunch and was able to get in on this deal:

V, Cuckoos Nest, Mystic River and Million Dollar Baby. There was a display that said the 300 tickets were only for V, Constantine and a couple of other movies, but they (the 300 tix-packaged individually) rang up for free. And none of the movies I got were available as enrollments for Columbia to boot! Very great deal...thanks OP!!!

Last edited by Murmur; 02-26-07 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-26-07, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sabrett
That's so sweet of you. And when someone goes in to get a ticket that they're actually going to use, they'll be none left because you got 20 of them.

Glad I don't live by you Best Buy.
My sentiments exactly...at least 'my' store hasn't put them out yet...
Old 02-26-07, 03:28 PM

A friend picked up Amadeus, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, and Goodfellas for me today in Bloomington, IN. Very happy to get those so cheap! I neglected to mention the 300 bonus disc info though, but I doubt I would have gone to see it anyways.
Old 02-26-07, 03:30 PM

I bought MDB and Amadeus when they were $19.99 last week B1G1. Did anyone else do this and was able to go back and get a price adjustment?
Old 02-26-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by verbal1062
I bought MDB and Amadeus when they were $19.99 last week B1G1. Did anyone else do this and was able to go back and get a price adjustment?
It would probably be easier to buy those two titles now for $9.99 and return it with your receipt from last week of $19.99.
Old 02-26-07, 03:38 PM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Sweeeeet! Thanks op!

I just got back from the Fullerton, Ca. (1:15 p.m. PST) BB store... was doubtful that it would work there, they've been very hit-n-miss on deals like this in the past, but it worked!

So I was able to fill a few holes:

Amadeus
Casablanca
My Fair Lady
The Shawshank Redemption

plus two 300 tickets for the wife and I, all for the insanely low price of (including tax) $21.53 cool!

They were running pretty thin on 2 disc selections, but I'm sure they will re-stock for Tuesday. They had a ton of 300 disc's so i didn't feel bad picking up the two that I did.

I'm sure this has been discussed before and not to side track the thread, but how the hell does this free movie money scam work... the studio is basically 'comping' the price of admission... in the end the "free" movie money gets tallied into the 'gross' total of the movies box office. But... I never technically 'paid' to see the movie. So, are the studios doing the free movie money to generate a false box office result that in return will get other people to say "hey, it's doing good in the box office, let's go check it out"?

Again, thanks OP... 4 2-disc movies for $5 a piece, can't beat that...
Old 02-26-07, 03:44 PM

I got 12 titles today, they had none of the 300, nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. When I showed them, they said maybe they will be out tomorrow, but I bet they were put out on Sunday and they are all gone. I just want one ticket, I don't have family or friends.

I got:

Heat
Goodfellas
Shawshank
Million Dollar Baby
Rebel Without A Cause
East of Eden
The Lost Boys
Philadelphia Story
Giant
Unforgiven
Cuckoo's Nest
And, A Room With a View?? Blind buy, I usually don't do blind buys, will I regret this movie?

I may try again tomorrow for the Batmans and a 300 ticket.
Old 02-26-07, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everthing worked fine at the Best Buy in El Segundo, CA.

Picked up :

Bullitt
Poseidon
Shawshank Redemption
King Kong

Thanks OP!
Old 02-26-07, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDpackrat
I just want one ticket, I don't have family or friends.

My BB said that they were packed up with the Alexander DVDs and that they would be out tomorrow. I'm going to check back tomorrow to see if I can scoop up a ticket.
Old 02-26-07, 03:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I went today, and was going to pick up 4 DVDs. I pointed out the 300 thing, and she gave me a funny look. So I told her it was in the flyer. She found it, left for a minute, and came back with someone else. They said it's for tomorrow. I tried telling them that people were getting them now, but they wouldn't listen. I then asked if I brought my receipt in tomorrow if they would just give them to me, and the lady said they'd have to refund and then re-sell them. I asked the girl at the counter if the deal would still be going on tomorrow, and she said it would. The BOGO screen came up, and she said it was going on all week. So I said I'll come back tomorrow. With my luck, today will be the last day.
Old 02-26-07, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by benh911
So I said I'll come back tomorrow. With my luck, today will be the last day.
You're taking a big risk to get that 300 ticket. I bought the DVDs today and am going back tomorrow to see about the ticket. I can always rebuy what I bought today to get the 300 ticket and return today's purchase for a refund. Better safe than sorry.
Old 02-26-07, 03:52 PM

I bought 12 but pay for 6 at 9.99 each. Grab 12 300 previews CDs. Total come to about $64.80 with tax.

I noticed here's how it works. You must only take those titles listed out front with the $9.99 on them. Then take the approx. number of 300 CDs you when you check out.

During check out, arrange all your DVD in pairs. Make SURE YOU DON'T HAVE ODD number of DVDs.

Tell cashier to scan your rewards card first, then scan the DVDs next, followed by 300 CDs last. At the end, it will total all in RETAIL prices. Then when cashier hit special key, it will read BOGO OSCAR BONUS on the screen listed number of DVD you're getting for $0.00.

Sign your name on the pinpad (if buying with CC), walk out!

Come back again.. next time!
Old 02-26-07, 03:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I think I'm going to go back tonight now. Like the poster said a couple posts ago, that is a big risk, which I was just thinking. I'd rather just get the movies and try to get the 300 ticket tomorrow.
Old 02-26-07, 04:03 PM

Big thanks to tophrman for the heads up! Deal's still good in the Carousel Center store (Syracuse, NY) as of 2:30. I ended up picking up everything I didn't already have along with a couple of double-dips. Lots of blind buys. I got them rung up two at a time to make sure the deal was good on all of them. I ended up with 18 in all, and got 9 of the 300 discs (There was still a bunch left after I took mine. I plan on seeing it at least twice with family and/or friends):

Million Dollar Baby (3-Disc w/Soundtrack CD)
Gothika (w/Lenticular Slipcase)
Poseidon (w/Lenticular Slipcase)
V for Vendetta (w/Slipcase)
Constantine (w/Comic Book)
The Philadelphia Story
A Room with a View
Casablanca
Yankee Doodle Dandy
Giant
Unforgiven
My Fair Lady
The Shawshank Redemption
East of Eden
Bullitt
The Phantom of the Opera
Goodfellas
Chariots of Fire

Got them all for $89.91 plus tax ($97.11). I also used a $5 Reward Zone gift certificate and the amount I spent might be enough to put me over the top for another. Out of all the ones that I got, Unforgiven was the only one that was in very limited supply (I got 1 of 2 that were on the shelf. Make sure you don't get the single disc version, because at my BB there were a ton of those on the shelf right next to the 2-disc). There was quite a few of the rest.

Does anyone know if the deal is good on the other two Batman movies, or is it just the first two?
Old 02-26-07, 04:04 PM

MANY, MANY, MANY THANKS TO TOPHRMAN AND LONGSHANKS!!

Now, $140.00 later, I have purchased all that I had wanted from that list except for Unforgiven and Cukoo's Nest.

Also recieved the 300 tix deal -- limit 3 at my store in Jersey.

Fantastic sale! WOW!!

Last edited by VALUEMAN; 02-26-07 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-26-07, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by verbal1062
I went in, grabbed the 6 I'd already bought, bought them again, then came back and returned them with my old receipt.

That way I don't call attention to the deal, and if worse comes to worse, I can save myself 3 cents and keep 'em at 9.99 instead, heh.

Originally Posted by DVDpackrat
And, A Room With a View?? Blind buy, I usually don't do blind buys, will I regret this movie?
I mentioned getting it to two people. One said "It's all right...if you're going for a chick flick" (he doesn't dislike chick flicks, so I wasn't sure what that meant). The other said "oh my god, that's THE Merchant-Ivory film. I LOVE that movie, etc etc"
I mentioned the other person said "Chick flick" and she said "WHAT? No it ISN'T...it's a romance, yes..."

So, in the end...no idea. I trust I'll like it, but I'm not ultra picky unless remaking or adapting is involved. Or actors/directors I don't like.

So...I dunno. Surely worth $5.00.
Old 02-26-07, 04:05 PM

I usually don't do blind buys, will I regret this movie?
I bought that one blind too, as well as several others.

For aprx. $1.00 more than a RENTAL at most video stores, I'd say any of these titles are worth a blind purchase, really.
Old 02-26-07, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THIS DEAL WILL BE DEAD SOON!!! MEMO'S FROM CORPORATE HAVE BEEN SENT! I went to BB at 12:45 CST and bought 10 DVD's, and the deal was fine. I went back at 3:15 to get 4 more, and all cashier's have memo's with instructions to manually type in a UPC code to add 9.99 back for each DVD pair. They said that they are not supposed to be B1G1F. The register will still ring them up that way TODAY, but I bet it won't tomorrow! I tried 2 different cashiers at my store, and can officially say that store is dead (76th and Layton in Milwaukee) but certainly you can get this deal elsewhere. But don't put it off beyond today! Tomorrow I bet it won't work...
Old 02-26-07, 04:22 PM
Cool New Member

It did'nt work at the Spartanburg, SC location. I can't ever get anything to work there.
Old 02-26-07, 04:27 PM

THANKS AGAIN TO TOPHRMAN AND LONGSHANKS!!!
Deal works in Chicago, IL (North & Clybourn) - they were handing me the 300 Trailer DVDs as fast as I could grab the $9.99 specials. Thanks again - got to call my mom out of a meeting to see what she wanted - she ended up with a larger bill than mine!

$98.00 for 18 movies and 5 "300" Moviecash dvds (mom)
$21.73 for 4 movies and 3 "300" Moviecash dvds (mine)
$10.89 for 2 movies and 1 "300" Moviecash dvd (last minute Constantine/One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest)

total $130.62 for 24 movies and 9 Moviecash dvds -- thanks again TOPHRMAN AND LONGSHANKS

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.