Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy $9.99 titles - READ NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wildman1037
If anyone has an odd number of DVDs they want from this offer, I will pay $5 plus any shipping costs for a copy of Citizen Kane. There's no BB within decent driving distance from me that has one in stock!!
I thought I just saw some at the Madison Heights store today.
Old 02-27-07, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Absolutely unbelievable! I ran by over lunch to try it at my Best Buy and it worked like a snap. I got:

Stranger Than Fiction $10.01 (with purchase of Tootsie)
Tootsie $9.99 (with purchase of STF)
Shawshank Redemption $10
Constantine $0
+ 4 300 Movie tickets!

Not bad for $30.
Old 02-27-07, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dane Marvin
Trevor - I went to buy Casblanca and One Flew Over... last night and actually did forget my wallet at home! I told the cashier I'd be back (they rang up $9.99 each anyway, no BOGO unless it computes it later at the end of the transaction), but I didn't feel like going all the way back there once I got home. Too bad because I will take "Casablanca" back into my collection for $10 any day...
They rang up as $9.99 each for me, but when the cashier hit total, one of the prices drops to $0.

Oh, and it's still on in Central Florida!
Old 02-27-07, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I thought I just saw some at the Madison Heights store today.
Although maybe not the most reliable resource, the online system says unavailable. Only one around that shows available is the Auburn Hills store, and I'd rather pay a couple bucks in postage than the amount of gas and stress it'll take me to drive all the way out there.
Old 02-27-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Today in Dublin, Ca I bought Goodfellas+ Batman for $10 + 2 300 disks.
That was pushing my luck

So I pushed my luck some more, and asked customer service to look up my 8 disk purchase from last night and scan in the 300 disks that 'weren't available last night'. She did it, and I got two more 300 disks for free.
That was REALLY pushing my luck

I decided not to SUPER REALLY push my luck by asking the customer service desk to give me 4 (or 8) 300 disks against my last night order, figuring 2 was reasonable and unlikely to raise any eyebrows.

Final tally 10 deluxe edition DVDs + 4 300 movie tickets = $50 plus tax. Not shabby at all.
Old 02-27-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wildman1037
Although maybe not the most reliable resource, the online system says unavailable. Only one around that shows available is the Auburn Hills store, and I'd rather pay a couple bucks in postage than the amount of gas and stress it'll take me to drive all the way out there.
I never go by that thing. Calling is even more reliable.
Old 02-27-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Still working in Orange, CT. I grabbed My Fair Lady and Poseidon(these were the only 2 left on the list that I didn't already have) and two copies of 300. I now won't bother with taking my receipt from yesterday's purchase back to the Trumbull store for the 300 disc.
Old 02-27-07, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hellmutt
Today in Dublin, Ca I bought Goodfellas+ Batman for $10 + 2 300 disks.
That was pushing my luck

So I pushed my luck some more, and asked customer service to look up my 8 disk purchase from last night and scan in the 300 disks that 'weren't available last night'. She did it, and I got two more 300 disks for free.
That was REALLY pushing my luck

I decided not to SUPER REALLY push my luck by asking the customer service desk to give me 4 (or 8) 300 disks against my last night order, figuring 2 was reasonable and unlikely to raise any eyebrows.

Final tally 10 deluxe edition DVDs + 4 300 movie tickets = $50 plus tax. Not shabby at all.
With the roll that you were obviously on, you should have asked the cute cashier for her phone number.
Old 02-27-07, 01:42 PM

Still working in Tucson (Wetmore). Plenty of 300 discs as well. There was a cardboard (I think) display with about 25 300 discs or so on it and there were also several up by the registers. There was no signage that Mystic River was even on sale, so I was nervous, but I got True Romance and Mystic River (last one on the shelf). I noticed there only seemed to be 1-disc V for Vendetta's on the shelf, and wondered if they were pulling them or were sold out.
Old 02-27-07, 01:46 PM

Went out again today and hit 2 different Best Buy. The 1st one in Bolingbrook, IL had only a few of these titles available. I picked up Batman, Poseidon, Constantine, & Rebel without a Cause along with 2-300 disc.
Total: $21.56 They did have a lot of 300 discs but most of the titles were gone.

2nd store in Downers Grove/Woodridge IL had only 3 of these titles there. I got True Romance & my Fair Lady for $10.78. Lotsa 300 disc there also...

So on the way back...I decide to go to the Joliet, IL store thats 5 mins from my home. I was there yesterday and most of the titles werent available. Wow...they had a whole seperate display now set-up. All of the titles from the list had a section dedicated for them with a $9.99 sticker on the shelf. So I picked up Batman Returns, Enter The Dragon, Bullit, & V for Vendatta. From what I can tell it looks like this BB knows that its B1G1F cause the CSR that rang me up mentioned something about it as I was checking out.
Old 02-27-07, 01:47 PM

I went this morning with low hopes of getting in on this deal. Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that Corporate knew about this glitch and was going to correct it this AM. So I got there at 11 AM, and picked up Batman Returns and Mystic River, plus two 300 discs (I also had a $5 Reward Zone certificate). the cashier rang them up, told me the total was $5.xx (after certificate). So I thought, wow the deal is still on! Checked my receipt in my car and found that she did not ring in the Batman Returns movie . So I STILL didn't know if the offer was still on.

I went back to the store about an hour later and picked up Poseiden and Heat and two more 300 discs and they rang up as a B1G1. The same cashier hesitated as she told me the $10.xx total after tax, but let it go. At least it took away some of the guilt of getting Batman Returns for nothing....it would have been free anyways!

I wish I didn't have most of these movies already, or I would go back for more!

--John
Old 02-27-07, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still in effect at the Augusta, GA store. I couldn't resist and went back to get Shawshank, Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River, King Kong and another 300 promo. This is the best deal ever, since I've been meaning to pick these movies up for a long time, but just couldn't justify spending that much money on each of them.
Old 02-27-07, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JSwarce
I went this morning with low hopes of getting in on this deal. Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that Corporate knew about this glitch and was going to correct it this AM.
Yeah, that was me, and I'm still shocked they didn't correct it. Corporate definitely is aware of this, and memo's were supposedly sent to all stores (my closest store has them for sure). If they aren't organized to fix their glitch in a timely manner, it's their own fault. Keep on getting the deals, guys! I plan on driving to a different BB tonight to see if I can get a few more...
Old 02-27-07, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No go at Best Buy in Cary, NC

Only picked up Costantine and Lady in the Water...glad I didnt walk up there with all the ones I had in my hand originally before I decided to just test it out.
Old 02-27-07, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by ENDContra

Only picked up Costantine and Lady in the Water...glad I didnt walk up there with all the ones I had in my hand originally before I decided to just test it out.
Was Lady in the Water included in this deal? I don't think it was. Maybe that is why it didn't work for you (Contantine is part of the deal).

--John
Old 02-27-07, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by ENDContra

You sure ENDContra? Lady in the Water isn't part of the B1G1 Free deal. Only Constantine is. You may have still been able to get one on the list free since you bought Constantine. Or did you test it with another title?
Old 02-27-07, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Was Lady in the Water included in this deal? I don't think it was. Maybe that is why it didn't work for you (Contantine is part of the deal).

--John
Lady in the Water is definitely NOT part of the 'B1G1F' but it should work to pick up that title with a 300 disc. Constantine 2-disk + one of the other promo special edition 9.99 DVDs +300 disk was still working as of less than an hour ago.
Old 02-27-07, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

--John
Nope, Lady in the Water was NOT part of this deal. It is on sale for $9.99, but not part of the B1G1F...
Old 02-27-07, 02:07 PM

Now i feel bad for ENDContra. I can just picture them with a smile on their face getting a little deal on some movies only for them to be the wrong ones for the B1G1 deal. We need to start including a full list of all movies so people dont get confused.
Old 02-27-07, 02:11 PM

A full list is at post #13.
Old 02-27-07, 02:19 PM

After not being aloud the B1G1 Free deal the second time around, I read through the posts and figured I may have messed up. I had tried getting the Peter Jackson King Kong. I could have gotten it for $9.99, though. I ventured to Best Buy today. I heard a guy ask two Best Buy employees if the B1G1 Free was still on. He had partaked of the deal yesterday like myself. They played dumb and said no. I decided I would just checkout and see. Eureka it worked! It's still on at my Best Buy in Southern IL, as of 2pm. I picked up Giant & Rebel Without A Cause today and V For Vendetta and King Kong(1933) yesterday for the B1G1 Free price.
Old 02-27-07, 02:27 PM
Cool New Member

Still going strong in Portland (Clackamas). They had everything I wanted. They said they restocked last night. Pretty much everything I didn't get are sets I already own. The cashier implied that he was aware of the "sale" and was under the impression that it was a special BOGO sale for any academy-award winning film. If you go, I think I got the last Vendetta, and they still had about 4 freebie promo disks left.
Amadeus: Director’s Cut
Batman Returns SE
Batman SE
Constantine 2-disc
Heat 2-disc
Million Dollar Baby 3-disc
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest: 2 DVD Special Edition
Philadelphia Story
Room with a View SE
Unforgiven: 2-DVD Special Edition
V for Vendetta 2-disc
Yankee Doodle Dandy SE
Old 02-27-07, 02:27 PM

When you guys buy one movie and get the other free, does the two 300 disc show on the reciept as 0.00?
Old 02-27-07, 02:28 PM

Here's the complete list again, alphabetically:

Amadeus: Director’s Cut (2-disc)
Batman Returns SE (2-disc)
Batman SE (2-disc)
Boogie Nights (2-disc)
Bullit SE (2-disc)
Casablanca (2-disc)
Chariots of Fire SE (2-disc)
Citizen Kane (2-disc)
Constantine (2-disc)
East of Eden (2-disc)
Enter the Dragon SE (2-disc)
Giant SE (2-disc)
GoodFellas (2-disc)
Gothika (2-disc)
Heat (2-disc)
King Kong 1933 B&W SE (2-disc)
Lost Boys SE (2-disc)
Magnolia SE (2-disc)
Million Dollar Baby (3-disc)
My Fair Lady (2-disc)
Mystic River SE (3-disc)
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest (2-disc)
Phantom of the Opera SE (2-disc)
Philadelphia Story (2-disc)
Poseidon (2-disc)
Rebel Without a Cause (2-disc)
Room with a View SE (2-disc)
SE7EN: Platinum Series (2-disc)
Shawshank Redemption (2-disc)
True Romance SE (2-disc)
Unforgiven (2-disc)
V for Vendetta (2-disc)
Yankee Doodle Dandy SE (2-disc)
Old 02-27-07, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

working at the broomfield, CO, store. didn't realize i should get more than one 300 disc, though. walked away with 6 dvd's and 1 300 promo disc for $32.xx.

Thanks, OP

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.