Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy $9.99 titles - READ NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-07, 09:33 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by TimeandTide
As I mentioned WAY upthread I paid $9.99 for V and TR on Sun. when I wasn't aware of the deal. So, took the two discs back to BB tonight to try to get a price adjustment if the deal was still good but like an idiot I left my receipt at home. Walked out with Dragon, Amadeus, Room w/a View and Rebel (+2 300 discs) for a little over $20. Even with the $20 I spent on the other two, I still made out like a bandit, IMO.
You could have bought the titles you got yesterday for $5 each, and then returned them when you found the receipt. And BB will look up your receipts if needed also.
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
picked up room with a view and philadelphia story. one constantine was left but it was a floater. tried to couple it with batman begins (but it wasn't included, had to try so i put those back. got 2 300 tickets too! thanks op and bestbuy. wish i didn't already own most of these great titles.
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by tophrman
I just went to Best Buy to pick up some of the $9.99 titles that were B1G1 last week. They all rang up at $9.99 but still were B1G1! I got One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Million Dollar Baby, Casablanca, and King Kong all for $20!!!! I would highly recommend testing your local Best Buy before they catch the error.

Thanks Dude!...

I Got My Deal Today!

Old 02-26-07, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
The cashiers don't care what titles you buy to get the 300 tix.
Actually, if you read the BB ad, it indicates that with ANY DVD purchased, you can get a 300 preview disc for free. With a minimum 90 per store.
Old 02-26-07, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Thespian68
There were another dozen on the backside of the 9.99 rack when I was there I made sure I didnt scarf them all, given Ive had people do that to me and it sucks.

My MovieCash # was in the 40000 range...they must be giving away piles of these passes....
Doh! I looked around in the usual spots for the freebies, but missed those. Oh well, I have enough.
I just hope I have enough friends who want these $5 DVDs I bought. I bought extras of ones I was sure my friends would like, but we'll see. Too late to put them on ebay, there is already a huge glut of these titles just posted.
Old 02-26-07, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
I have gone to BB 4 times in the last 35 hours.

I went to one of my local BB yesterday for the 300 ticket and they said that they weren't setting them out until Tuesday, so I didn't try the other one nearby. I then read about the video game clearance this morning but comlpetely missed this thread. I made a special trip this afternoon to both BB and only found one game. The BB closer to me had their 300 dvds out so after much debate on which 2 disc movie to pick, I settled on Unforgiven.

I get home and then see this thread. I venture out once again to the BB nearest me and tried 4 titles first (with 4 300 discs) to test the waters. The total went from $100 with tax to approx $21. The BB clerk explained how I was getting the BOGO offer and the 300 for free. Since it worked I went back and got 8 more titles (but just 1 more 300 disc...they were getting depleted and I didn't want to seem greedy...).

I picked up East Of Eden, Giant, Enter The Dragon, King Kong, Bullitt (never seen it but needed another to get it free), Citizen Kane, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, The Shawshank Redemption, True Romance, Heat, Rebel Without A Cause, and another copy of Unforgiven. All for the amazing low price of $65 with tax! (plus several free tickets to 300, a movie I am actually excited to see)

I now have to make a 5th(!) trip back to BB to return my first Unforgiven that I bought for 10 bucks (rip-off! ).

Thank you for this thread!
Old 02-26-07, 09:43 PM

I picked up Amadeus and Room with a View for $10.89 Wanted to pick up Grease, Pirates of the carribean, monty python...but these were not part of the deal... So I guess this confirms tht the deal works at Chicago too (North Ave store)...
Old 02-26-07, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor
You could have bought the titles you got yesterday for $5 each, and then returned them when you found the receipt. And BB will look up your receipts if needed also.
I realized this a few minutes after I posted. Kicking myself for not thinking of doing this. Doesn't matter anyway: Discovered the V/TR receipt was tossed out with yesterday's trash.

Actually, if you read the BB ad, it indicates that with ANY DVD purchased, you can get a 300 preview disc for free. With a minimum 90 per store.
Didn't see the add...just the floor display for the 300 disc.
Old 02-26-07, 09:49 PM

My 300 movie ticket is in the 75,000 range. Is anyone gonna have to pay to see this movie?
Old 02-26-07, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked up four titles in Chicago at North & Clyburn, then four more at the North Riverside mall.

The Philadelphia Story
Rebel Without A Cause
Shawshank Redemption
Heat
Batman
V For Vendetta
Boogie Nights
Magnolia

I only grabbed only one 300 disc, because the display stand said they were free with the purchase of V For Vendetta, Constantine, Alexander, and Troy. I didn't think it would work with other titles.

Thanks to those who posted this deal!
Old 02-26-07, 09:52 PM

Earlier today during lunch, I wasn't able to get a copy of Vendetta at Noho or Chelsea since their stock had depleted, contrary to Noho's inventory on their computer. So back at work, I ordered Vendetta online for pickup at the Midtown store, as that was the only store nearby with in-stock status.

Towards the end of the day, someone mentioned the deal would be dead tomorrow so after work, I hustled over to Chelsea, NY store to cop Batman and Batman Returns. No problems. Had been planning to get them tomorrow to score "300 tickets" but to be safe, bought them tonight.

Back on the F train to 42nd for the Midtown store. I searched for a copy of V among the shelves but it was no where to be found. Just as I suspected, which was why I secured my copy by ordering it online for pickup. Went to customer pickup and told them I wanted to cancel my online V order and instead, purchase the V copy that they were holding for me along with a copy of Poseidon (lenticular cover) that I had grabbed off the shelves. They said they couldn't cancel the order in-store. ??? really ??? They said I could only cancel online, or by phone.

I left the store, turned the corner, spent 2 minutes on the payphone canceling my order, and returned to the pickup counter. Told the new customer service clerk my story, it checked out in their system, and the lady rung me in-store up for V and Poseidon for $10 + tax. Whew.

Out of 10 movies scored from this deal, V was at the top of my list and wound up being the hardest copy to attain. Deal was still alive at 8:00pm EST.

It seems NYC stores are strict on releasing "300 tickets". At least they're consistent.

One other note I forgot to mention in my Noho post earlier today...While waiting for an employee to check for Vendetta in the stockroom, I noticed crates of the JackSparrow bobblehead (or is it figurine?). Didn't get a good look cause as I opened the crate, another worker nearby told me they weren't for sale. Don't know if that meant they're ready for a markdown, or if they won't be sold at all. They were all packed up in yellow crates. Also saw a shopping basket with 5 or 6 Superman figures. Saw one Lex, one Clark, but didn't catch the rest. I already got my two sets.

Damn you DVD Bargains. Damn you.
Old 02-26-07, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by daveymark
did they give them to you or did they ring the 300 dvd on the register
She actually scanned them in into the register.

Wait a minute...reading my receipt now. Hmm. Evidently she used the product info on my old receipt to technically "return & rebuy" my DVDs (which were sitting in my car), but this time ringing up the four sampler discs as well. I'd assumed that she did simple override. Guess not.
Old 02-26-07, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My brother sent me his pic earlier. He picked me up a Lost Boys too because he had an odd # he wanted:

Old 02-26-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Does that 300 disc come in a keepcase?
Old 02-26-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Yes it does....It's a really thin case though.
Whenever 300 does come out on DVD, this will be a great bonus disc to add into the case, that is unless all the same bonus material will be on the DVD.
Old 02-26-07, 10:13 PM

This is no go at Best Buy Anchorage, AK.

I could't find a display with 300 promo disc anywhere; BB employees claimed that 'this is a part of new releases' and to come back tomorrow
Old 02-26-07, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
Does that 300 disc come in a keepcase?
Slimcases
Old 02-26-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After reading this thread, I went over to BB this evening.

Picked up 6 DVDs for $31.xx:
Bullitt
Enter the Dragon
King Kong
Heat
Rebel without a Cause
The Lost Boys

Didn't see any 300 discs, and when I asked, the employee stated they sold out.

They still had stock on every DVD. I was tempted to get more, but decided against it.

Originally Posted by Ravenous
BTW, somone mentioned a game clearance, what clearance?
Wish I'd seen your post earlier. No telling if anything you want will be left by tommorrow, but here's the list: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...&postcount=387
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
Thank you to the OP! I got 8 films.

Rebel Without a Cause
Batman
Batman Returns
Constantine
Enter the Dragon
True Romance
Goodfellas
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

And I also picked up 2 of the 300 Bonus dvds. I didn't want to snake them all. There were a dozen or so at the BB in Torrance/Hawthorne area near Rosecrans.

As far as signage for the 300 Bonus, there are signs that say if you purchase Alexander, you'll get it. And then there are signs that say purchase any dvd and get the 300 Bonus free.

Last edited by devilshalo; 02-26-07 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-26-07, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by NoDAK
Wish I'd seen your post earlier. No telling if anything you want will be left by tommorrow, but here's the list: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...&postcount=387

Can't get in unless you register.

Care to share for the register-impared?
Old 02-26-07, 10:33 PM

Did not know that I should have posted what I got for approx. $140.00. OK, so here goes:

Million Dollar Baby 3-disc
Heat 2-disc
Shawshank Redemption 2-disc
Constantine 2-disc
Magnolia SE
Enter the Dragon SE
Lost Boys SE
Mystic River SE
Bullit SE
My Fair Lady
Giant SE
Yankee Doodle Dandy SE
Philadelphia Story
Chariots of Fire SE
Room with a View SE
True Romance SE
East of Eden
Phantom of the Opera SE
Rebel Without a cause
King Kong B&W SE
Boogie Nights
Amadeus: Director’s Cut
Casablanca: 2 DVD Special Edition
Citizen Kane
SE7EN: Platinum Series
GoodFellas: 2 DVD Special Edition
3 300 Tix packs

Will try on Wednesday if the deal is still on:

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest: 2 DVD Special Edition
Unforgiven: 2 DVD Special Edition

Could have gotten today but was uninterested:

Gothika 2-disc
Batman SE
Batman Returns SE
Poseidon 2-disc
V for Vendetta 2-disc

Last edited by VALUEMAN; 02-26-07 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-26-07, 10:37 PM

picked up Mystic River and True Romance for about 11 bucks, but no go on the 300 discs unfortunately. An employee said they were coming with the new releases on Tuesday. (it is listed on the new releases page, but come on) Hopefully it's still good tomorrow.

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Can't get in unless you register.
Care to share for the register-impared?
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=493640
Old 02-26-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by KY-Jelly
They said they couldn't cancel the order in-store. ??? really ??? They said I could only cancel online, or by phone.

I left the store, turned the corner, spent 2 minutes on the payphone canceling my order, and returned to the pickup counter.
You could have officially picked up your order, then immediately return it and re-buy it...
Old 02-26-07, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
You could have officially picked up your order, then immediately return it and re-buy it...
I think I tried doing that once during the 50% off HBO deal right after Christmas. Bought something at one store, went to another half an hour later to do an exchange. But they had trouble with the exchange transaction because they said I couldn't alter orders withn 24 hours? Took them about 10 minutes. I didn't ask them to elaborate because I had already secured Sex and the City and Six Feet Under series so I was still giddy.

This time, I just didn't want to to deal with the possibility of them screwing me out of this deal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.