Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

New New Google Checkout $10 Off Sign-Up Bonus

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

New New Google Checkout $10 Off Sign-Up Bonus

Old 02-21-07, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my bank of america shop safe virtual cc#s have never stopped working or had any problems, i just had some dvd empire and buy.com orders ship - i have some pending cd universe and dvd planet ones that i am now worried about.
Old 02-21-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
I just meant that people are now getting DVD Planet orders canceled too. I wasn't sure before it mattered where you ordered. Now apparently it doesn't.
All of my cancelled orders have been from DVD Planet. I agree that it doesn't matter per se, but seeing as DVD Planet is so slow, it gives GCO a longer period to catch it and cancel it...
Old 02-21-07, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
All of my cancelled orders have been from DVD Planet. I agree that it doesn't matter per se, but seeing as DVD Planet is so slow, it gives GCO a longer period to catch it and cancel it...
Yeah, it seems as though it doesn't matter now. Before I was only getting those at DVD Empire though. Now I don't know what the best option is. I'd guess try to use DVD Empire shortly before the cut off and maybe you can get some shipped before they get canceled. I really don't know.

If anyone finds things that work, please share.
Old 02-21-07, 10:36 PM

I ordered shortly before the cutoff time at Dvd Empire a few days ago and it never shipped. It doesn't say cancelled in my account, but it should have shipped by now, so who knows.
Old 02-22-07, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received a notice from Google that my most recent order from DVDPlanet has shipped. Used a one-time Shop Safe credit card number: have done this a couple times but usually use different cards for each GCO account. I've only used the sign up bonus a total of 7 times and now I wait for an order to ship before I open a new one (which I just did).
Old 02-22-07, 07:27 AM

I placed three DVDPlanet orders on Sunday, all three shipped. Three different credit cards, although all three had been used once previously. The accounts had been created about two weeks in advance of using them, but the orders were all placed within ten minutes of each other...same addresses and names on the shipping labels...
Old 02-22-07, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
I received a notice from Google that my most recent order from DVDPlanet has shipped. Used a one-time Shop Safe credit card number: have done this a couple times but usually use different cards for each GCO account. I've only used the sign up bonus a total of 7 times and now I wait for an order to ship before I open a new one (which I just did).
Please explain what Shop Safe is. I tried shopsafe.com but I see nothing about one-time use credit cards there...
Old 02-22-07, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Please explain what Shop Safe is. I tried shopsafe.com but I see nothing about one-time use credit cards there...
Shopsafe is on credit cards through Bank of America/MBNA. It works just like the citi card virtual numbers.

http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditc...late=faq#ccs13
Old 02-22-07, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've placed a few orders this week (1 at Buy, the rest at DVDPlanet) using Citi Virtual #s (different e-mail addresses, same name and address) and they've all shipped, except for 1 placed Tuesday at DVDPlanet that's still in process.

Last edited by scott27; 02-22-07 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-22-07, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can confirm what someone else said in this thread. You apparently cannot do more than 5 orders anymore on the same credit card. I just did 5 successive orders with the same Simon card, and all went through fine and are still processing. But I tried a 6th order, and got an Oops. So I used one of my remaining 2 cards that hasn't been killed yet. Probably will be after this... I tried the last minute orders at Dvd Empire approach. Hopefully they go through. I also did a buy.com order, but I'm not counting on that to go through.

BTW, the CD Universe Serenity/Jarhead HD-DVD deal is now dead. The price was jacked up. No more $7.58...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-22-07 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-22-07, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by The Reaper
I ordered shortly before the cutoff time at Dvd Empire a few days ago and it never shipped. It doesn't say cancelled in my account, but it should have shipped by now, so who knows.
I received an email today from Dvd Empire on this item, saying it's been discontinued. So, I guess it wasn't cancelled by Google like I thought.
Old 02-22-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can confirm what someone else said in this thread. You apparently cannot do more than 5 orders anymore on the same credit card. I just did 5 successive orders with the same Simon card, and all went through fine and are still processing.
ALL 5 ORDERS WERE CANCELLED!!! This was a brand new Simon card, never used. Every single order was just cancelled, including the DVD Empire ones placed right before the cut-off time. So unless you have a virtual card that works, I'd say this is dead. Don't waste your time on Simon cards, unless maybe you're only going to attempt ONE order...
Old 02-22-07, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ALL 5 ORDERS WERE CANCELLED!!! This was a brand new Simon card, never used. Every single order was just cancelled, including the DVD Empire ones placed right before the cut-off time. So unless you have a virtual card that works, I'd say this is dead. Don't waste your time on Simon cards, unless maybe you're only going to attempt ONE order...
What cut-off time are you talking about?
Old 02-22-07, 05:13 PM

Dvd Empire's cutoff time for same day shipping.

I'm trying some orders now, but I'm not having any luck either.
Old 02-22-07, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That sucks. I guess we can pretty much consider this dead now. I'll keep trying with the cards I've got though, maybe I'll get lucky. I do have a new debit card coming too for an unrelated reason, maybe I can sneak at least one more through on that.
Old 02-22-07, 06:40 PM

just got 3 shipping e-mails from three separate orders from cd universe - anyone want to guess what is going on? I don't know - all i know is that i've used the same method from day one, new shopsafe # and email addy (at a real domain, not a freebie) each time and i've never had any problems from anyone.
Old 02-22-07, 06:46 PM

I tried making a few orders using some physical cards I've used before. One went through and one got the Oops, error message.
Old 02-22-07, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I tried making a few orders using some physical cards I've used before. One went through and one got the Oops, error message.
I tried one more order with an old physical card that I used 3 times successfully before, and this order is still in process... If it ships, I'll try for a 5th and final order. I know it won't work more than 5 times now...
Old 02-22-07, 09:33 PM

They finally caught by latest Buy.com order using my Citivirtual card. However, between the wife and me we have at least 10 credit cards so I will see how the 5 and your out works, as I often rotated my cards frequently.
Old 02-22-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dvd Empire's cutoff time for same day shipping.

I'm trying some orders now, but I'm not having any luck either.
Thanks, I never noticed that they had a cut-off time.
Old 02-23-07, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Shop Safe feature is an option of all MBNA credit cards and if you have a few different cards in your possession then one of them is likely an MBNA. This company is the world's largest independent card issuer and the leader in co-branded cards. Check to see if you can access Shop Safe through your card; it should be fairly inconspicuous- at Bank America it's accessible through other "options" on the right side of your account info.
Old 02-23-07, 01:28 AM

Weird. I placed an order at DVDPlanet using GCO with the same credit card that I used before with the same email address I used before and I just got a shipping confirmation email. It was a complete accident though when I signed up thinking that I hadn't used that email yet, but after placing the order, I realized I already had a GCO account with that email address, so I fully expected to have the order cancelled or not have the $10 discount applied, to my surprise, it went through...really, makes no sense.

Just my $.02
Old 02-23-07, 03:40 AM

Well, this one was just cancelled, along with 2 others I made a while after that.

I guess this is pretty much dead for me now.
Old 02-23-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AmonTwin
Weird. I placed an order at DVDPlanet using GCO with the same credit card that I used before with the same email address I used before and I just got a shipping confirmation email. It was a complete accident though when I signed up thinking that I hadn't used that email yet, but after placing the order, I realized I already had a GCO account with that email address, so I fully expected to have the order cancelled or not have the $10 discount applied, to my surprise, it went through...really, makes no sense.

Just my $.02
If it was used last year, it makes sense. They seem to have cleaned the slate after Jan 1st. All accounts used last year were eligible for the $10 off again this year...
Old 02-23-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, this one was just cancelled, along with 2 others I made a while after that.

I guess this is pretty much dead for me now.
Amazingly my last one is still active. It's nice to get a 4th order out of that card, but I can't do any more. It was a rebate debit card with only $1.87 left now. Because of their practice of always authorizing $1 first, it's impossible to find anything for 87 cents shipped...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.