Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Miracles 9.99, SCTV 19.99 at GraveyardMall

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-07, 09:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Miracles 9.99, SCTV 19.99 at GraveyardMall

For those who missed them before, graveyardmall.com is having a 2nd Chance sale. Their home page has a deal of the day button; click on it & it will take you to a sale page that includes Miracles, SCTV, & some other single DVDs (some lukewarm deals there). Shipping is flat $6.99 (ouch!), but not so bad averaged over several titles.

I searched for free shipping & other discount coupons but couldn't find any.
Old 02-08-07, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by creekdipper
For those who missed them before, graveyardmall.com is having a 2nd Chance sale. Their home page has a deal of the day button; click on it & it will take you to a sale page that includes Miracles, SCTV, & some other single DVDs (some lukewarm deals there). Shipping is flat $6.99 (ouch!), but not so bad averaged over several titles.

I searched for free shipping & other discount coupons but couldn't find any.
I ordered the "Miracles: The Complete Series" set from Graveyardmall.com when it was the deal of the day back in December and was posted on this forum (shipping then was just $3.00).

This set has to be one of the best things I've bought recently - I can't recommend it highly enough.

A well-acted, well-written show (starring Skeet Ulrich, Angus Macfadyen, and Marisa Ramirez) - it's sort of a supernatural X-Files, with several classic episodes: "The Friendly Skies" (an airliner disappears from the sky for a few seconds and then reappears with the passengers all somehow changed); "Little Miss Lost" (the ghost of a little girl who died in a circus fire in the 1940's keeps reappearing at the sites of subsequent disasters and appears to be causing them - the guest star of this episode is Gloria Stuart, who is probably best-known today as Old Rose in the James Cameron "Titanic" movie); "Hand Of God" (a really creepy episode in which a young man believes he has been told by God to murder a group of people who all experienced a similar supernatural event - the soundtrack of this episode includes Marilyn Manson's "Apple Of Sodom"); "You Are My Sunshine" (the regular cast becomes possessed by the ghosts of the murdered victims of a love triangle and appears to be re-enacting the events); "The Battle At Shadow Ridge" (a "time-slip" causes the events of a Civil War battle to spill over into the present in a small Virginia comunity); "Mother's Daughter" [Hannah Cottrell, an Amish girl nearly drowns in an icy pond at the age of eight and is revived but now seems to be inhabited by two souls - the conflict comes when the soul of the other girl seems to be taking over Hannah. Hannah in the present is played by an almost unrecognizable (brunette) Maggie Grace (of "Lost")].

This box set contains the six episodes which aired on ABC along with the seven unaired episodes (13 in all). It includes deleted scenes and commentaries on six of the episodes.

I had seen a few of the original six episodes in 2003 on ABC and liked them but being able to see all thirteen here (in the order they were intended to be shown) really impressed me with how great a show this could have been if ABC had only handled it right and given it a chance.