Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) Gene Simmons Family Jewels Collectors DVD $5.00!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Gene Simmons Family Jewels Collectors DVD $5.00!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-07, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They all start crawling out, all of them. Hi!
Old 01-27-07, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by leeta
How convenient for you. NO rationalization there...

You could get 2 of the Collector sets for less than what I paid for 1 B1G1F offer with free shipping using the code and the discount mentioned in this thread.
I see you are still trying to justify your fraud with Amazon, huh?
Old 01-27-07, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think any will ship if it is a price mistake. According to the site, "Product will ship on 02/12/07."
Old 01-27-07, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Timsterino
I see you are still trying to justify your fraud with Amazon, huh?
FRAUD is a pretty risky word to be throwing about, particularly when all any of us did was put DVDs in our cart and check out. You, on the other hand, KNEW you were getting a new release for a ridiculous amount and even decided to post it.

It always strikes me as funny when the shoe is on the other foot and hypocrites try to justify their actions...
Old 01-27-07, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by leeta
FRAUD is a pretty risky word to be throwing about, particularly when all any of us did was put DVDs in our cart and check out. You, on the other hand, KNEW you were getting a new release for a ridiculous amount and even decided to post it.

It always strikes me as funny when the shoe is on the other foot and hypocrites try to justify their actions...
Knowing and seeing of course that your bill totalled zero dollars on Amazon when you placed the order. When you state "when all any of us did was put DVDs in our cart and check out" is absurd. You also saw you weren't being charged and hit submit order anyway, knowingly getting something for free. I paid $5.00 plus shipping for this. If it ships, then great. That tells me A&E meant it to be $5.00, like the Beavis and Butthead set. If they change the price, fine as well. I will pay the difference.

Continue to justify knowingly paying nothing for something.
Old 01-27-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And I paid $8.50 for one order with free shipping... So who came out with the more questionable deal???
Old 01-27-07, 10:04 PM

To everyone else, enjoy the deal.
Old 01-27-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
Old 01-27-07, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

"It's the same, but different!"
"No! It's different, but the same!"
Old 01-28-07, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Timsterino
I paid $5.00 plus shipping for this. If it ships, then great. That tells me A&E meant it to be $5.00, like the Beavis and Butthead set.

Following this logic to the amazon offer...
Items shipped, that tells you amazon meant for the pricing to be what it was?
Old 01-28-07, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I eventually got the shipping code to work shortly after my initial post and ordered a copy. Thanks, OP.
Old 01-28-07, 09:42 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Arrrrrggg! Double dip for me...I bought the two disc version, I had no idea there was a special edition....
Old 01-28-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
I don't think any will ship if it is a price mistake. According to the site, "Product will ship on 02/12/07."

I would be personally cool with that. But if they ship and do that charge back s*** even though they had enough time to review and correct the mistake, well then.....
Old 01-28-07, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jjcool
Following this logic to the amazon offer...
Items shipped, that tells you amazon meant for the pricing to be what it was?
I'm glad you pointed that out because I was thinking the same thing. Given the way Amazon has treated their recent price mistake it will be interesting to see if this is a mistake and, if so, will A&E ship the items, wait a week for people to get them, then send an e-mail saying if you keep them we'll charge you an additional $25 per set (or whatever they might decide the correct price to be)? No hard feelings toward the OP as this is a great deal and appreciate the heads up but this is no better, different, or worse than the Amazon deal just the outcome may be different (God I hope so!).
Old 01-28-07, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Why is this an "obvious price mistake"? A&E has had incredible deals in the past. No reason why this wouldn't be just another one.
Exactly! Last summer they had "Kids in the Hall" seasons sets for under $15 while Amazon had them for almost $40.
Old 01-28-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Since A&E sells large lots of their stuff on ebay, it is possible it is not a mistake. Anyway, if the buyer pays the listed price for it then its not fraud. The seller gets to decide if they want to fulfill the order or cancel it.
Old 01-28-07, 06:26 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Since A&E sells large lots of their stuff on ebay, it is possible it is not a mistake. Anyway, if the buyer pays the listed price for it then its not fraud. The seller gets to decide if they want to fulfill the order or cancel it.
True, but the set hasn't been out long for it to be this cheap and A&E has the set on Ebay for a lot higher price.
Old 01-28-07, 06:37 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts
Dead.

Price is back to "Just reduced $18.49"

Original link no longer works. Obvious mistake.
Old 01-28-07, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yep... a big pricing error.

They have pulled the Collector's Gift Set entirely. The $18.49 is for a cheaper version.
Old 01-28-07, 06:51 PM

I don't think this was a price mistake. Someone over at the Slickdeals forum called up to cancel their order of 40 and was told that they are cancelling any order over 10. They definitely know about it and this collectors box set was only sold on the A&E site. It probably wasn't selling well and wanted to clear out stock.
Old 01-28-07, 06:55 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by biomekanik
Someone over at the Slickdeals forum called up to cancel their order of 40 and was told that they are cancelling any order over 10.
Yeah, that's a legit post

They definitely know about it and this collectors box set was only sold on the A&E site. It probably wasn't selling well and wanted to clear out stock.
It's only been out a month!
Old 01-28-07, 07:04 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by biomekanik
They definitely know about it and this collectors box set was only sold on the A&E site.
And Amazon claims it's their exclusive

http://www.amazon.com/Gene-Simmons-S...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
Old 01-28-07, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by JB7
True, but the set hasn't been out long for it to be this cheap and A&E has the set on Ebay for a lot higher price.
The ebay A&E store has several these listed for free shipping with no reserve and has been doing so all month. I think it is safe to say they overstocked.
Old 01-28-07, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow
And Amazon claims it's their exclusive

http://www.amazon.com/Gene-Simmons-S...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
Well, according to TVShowsOnDVD the collectors edition was supposed to be A&E exclusive.

And I don't know why you don't think someone would change their mind on their 40 item order and call and cancel. I would have to guess that sales of the first few weeks would hold more weight on how they will sell in the future, so if it has tanked since it's Dec 7 release, I can see A&E trying to get rid of them. Look at all the publicity the store has received. The Danger Mouse box set is being highlighted as well as the free shipping code. I bet A&E made alot of additional sales this week besides the Family Jewels set.
Old 01-28-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well i only ordered 4 total and im glad that they cancelled any order over 10..and im ALSO surprised and amazed that someone would be nice enuf to cancel their order for 40 considering its severely taking advantage of such an awesome deal (given its legit). Some people can honestly be SO frikin selfish

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.