Reload this Page >

15% off one item at Barnes & Noble: good until 1/28

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

15% off one item at Barnes & Noble: good until 1/28

Old 01-20-07, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
I'm going to a city tomorrow that has a BN store, but they only sell books. Does anyone know if I could do the ship to home option with them?
YMMV, but I don't see why not, unless they are a college bookstore. I believe the coupons specifically say they aren't valid at those...
Old 01-21-07, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by obidawsn
By the way, has anyone tried using the coupon in-store with the B1G1?
I used it with my bn membership which is 10% off and the b1g1 sale. Got Sopranos s1 and S2 for a total around $41.xx or so.
Old 01-22-07, 11:40 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i printed these coupons out and used em three times.
one of the times i got a couple box sets that were 39.99 each and had a 10 % off sticker for members.
I got to the counter and the guy asked me if i had my card on me(i am not a b&n member) i said no, and he rang it up with the 10 percent off as well as the 15 from the coupon.
So i guess to get 25 percent, just say u dont hav e ur card.
I think once they see the coupon they figure ur a member.
ah well, whatever.
i got pee wee playhouse #1 and the bill cosby show for 32
Old 01-23-07, 06:38 AM

Is the B1G1F offer still going on at the B&N online store? I know the sale is still is running instore, but when I went to the online site to place an order, I didn't see any mention of the sale (nor did it apply anything during checkout -- which I then cancelled). Thanks.
Old 01-23-07, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by MadHugo
Is the B1G1F offer still going on at the B&N online store? I know the sale is still is running instore, but when I went to the online site to place an order, I didn't see any mention of the sale (nor did it apply anything during checkout -- which I then cancelled). Thanks.
It is still going on, but for some reason there is not a link from the DVD page from what i saw. http://video.barnesandnoble.com/bout...?pid=14189&z=y
Old 01-23-07, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by neuroticomic
i printed these coupons out and used em three times.
one of the times i got a couple box sets that were 39.99 each and had a 10 % off sticker for members.
I got to the counter and the guy asked me if i had my card on me(i am not a b&n member) i said no, and he rang it up with the 10 percent off as well as the 15 from the coupon.
So i guess to get 25 percent, just say u dont hav e ur card.
I think once they see the coupon they figure ur a member.
ah well, whatever.
i got pee wee playhouse #1 and the bill cosby show for 32
You mis-read the sticker. It is 10% off for anyone. Members get an ADDITIONAL 10% off of that. This is the automatic 10% we've been talking about in the other B&N thread. All titles in store $39.99+ get the automatic 10% off... Which by the way doesn't add up to 25% because the discount comes off of the discounted price. So you need to deduct 1.5% (which is 10% off of 15%), thus the discount is actually 23.5%

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-23-07 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-23-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I agree, however there are 3 DIFFERENT 15% off coupons. So you should be able to use all 3 on the same visit (on separate purchases, of course). That's what I did today...
Actually, if you "play" with the link, there are actually 6 different 15% off coupons. 3 that require BN membership, 4 that don't -&- one of each type is B&M only - other 5 have online code. (14338-14343) Although, you shouldn't need that many - with copies, multiple locations and all.
Old 01-23-07, 12:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MadHugo
I just checked again on the B&N site & found it still there. If you go to the top & click on "DVD", it'll take you to the DVD page. Scroll down & you'll see a "Buy One TV Box, Get One Free" ad in the center of the page. Click on that link & it'll take you to the page Brad listed (BTW, thanks, Brad). Just in case you're not on this forum later and you want to go straight back to the sale.

As you noted, many of the items you may want aren't on sale on the ONLINE site, but almost all of their TV box sets are on sale in the store. If the price is cheaper online, you can get them to match it by placing a "ship to home" order...which proved to be incredibly easy. All of this has been discussed in the other B&N sale thread but thought you might have missed it. I case you're wondering about how long it takes to get them shipped, I placed an order on a Saturday & both sets arrived the following Thursday (both securely packaged in boxes). Shipping is free over $25.

Last edited by creekdipper; 01-23-07 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-23-07, 05:23 PM

ok, I am looking for a good box set to match in price with the Alias complete boxset. any suggestion?

anyone try getting the Friend Complete Boxset and West Wing complete Boxset instore successfully and using the 15% off coupon as well as the member discount? what was your final cost?

anyone seen the brisco county junior series and is it good? The MSRP of $100 seems outrageously high for a fox tv show.
Old 01-23-07, 06:21 PM

I have a question about the barnes and noble pricing for members. I know that if you buy instore, there is an automatic 10% off the list price. If you are a member would you also get an additional 10% off of the already discounted price. And if you present them the 15% off coupon, would you then also get 15% off additional from the discount price?
Old 01-23-07, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat
I have a question about the barnes and noble pricing for members. I know that if you buy instore, there is an automatic 10% off the list price. If you are a member would you also get an additional 10% off of the already discounted price. And if you present them the 15% off coupon, would you then also get 15% off additional from the discount price?
Yes.

MSRP * .90 * .90 * .85 = final $ (taxable)

$49.99 * .9 = 44.99 * .9 = 40.49 * .85 = 34.42 + tax = final price.
Old 01-24-07, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by creekdipper
I just checked again on the B&N site & found it still there. If you go to the top & click on "DVD", it'll take you to the DVD page. Scroll down & you'll see a "Buy One TV Box, Get One Free" ad in the center of the page. Click on that link & it'll take you to the page Brad listed (BTW, thanks, Brad). Just in case you're not on this forum later and you want to go straight back to the sale.

As you noted, many of the items you may want aren't on sale on the ONLINE site, but almost all of their TV box sets are on sale in the store. If the price is cheaper online, you can get them to match it by placing a "ship to home" order...which proved to be incredibly easy. All of this has been discussed in the other B&N sale thread but thought you might have missed it. I case you're wondering about how long it takes to get them shipped, I placed an order on a Saturday & both sets arrived the following Thursday (both securely packaged in boxes). Shipping is free over $25.
Thanks. I went back and found the B1G1F on the online site. And I did find that other B&N link you mentioned. Thanks again fo that as well.

I also took your advice about going instore and trying to place a order and getting it "ship to home" to take advantage of the better pricing online. But unfortunately, they said I couldn't do that (something about their system doesn't allow that) and I'd have to pay instore pricing. From reading the various posts on the other B&N thread, many people had better results. I have to say I'm pretty disapointed w/ my B&N, but maybe I'll try a different store in another city if I can.